IGNORED

Ms. Night Stalker = Awesome

First Spear

Finally got my copy! This is a great game! Many cool improvements to the original - better running speed, better speed on the bullets, more mazes. I really like that the game throws random enemies at you so that it isn't the slow, plodding game that the original tends to be before you get to more challenging robots.

I haven't broken 20K yet, so I won't be posting any scores until I get a little better at it!

Definitely makes me want to hack two controllers into one so that the keypad is from controller two while the disc is from controller one... :)

I got mine a few days ago and am enjoying it. The side buttons really improve the shooting a lot. The up/down shooting is a little trickier and I haven't mastered it yet, but i'm getting better.

This game is a very nice improvement over the original version. I'm impressed, and that is saying something since I had high expecations on this one. :-)

Hi grips03,

Just wanted to note one thing - action buttons can actually shoot in all 4 directions while moving with a quick keypad touch. Bottom left button always shoots left, Bottom right button always shoots right, the two top buttons will continue to shoot up if #1 on keypad is pressed (Also the default), but if you press #7 on the keypad, the # of bullets you have will display in red instead of black and you will be shooting down. This is in manual and I've tested with no issues.

Agree Lathe26,

I've had a complete blast with this game - I still like the original Night Stalker, but this game is so much better and I love it. The increased speed, extra pink robot, extra depth/strategy crested by spider webs laid, faster bullets for both you & robots, variability of game play, much more accurate collision detection with the bats, allowing use of side buttons so you can run and shoot at same time, actually giving you a chance to get out of bunker and retrieve gun which is always there upon death so you don't have to lose like 4 or more guys for nothing like in original Night Stalker, 9 different levels which is basically 9 different games with different strategies all together, list goes on. This is a masterpiece and as you can see has my vote for game of the year with it's GREAT GAME PLAY & GREAT REPLAY VALUE!! I strongly recommend this game whether you were a fan of the Original Night Stalker or not!

• Like 1

Hi grips03,

Just wanted to note one thing - action buttons can actually shoot in all 4 directions while moving with a quick keypad touch. Bottom left button always shoots left, Bottom right button always shoots right, the two top buttons will continue to shoot up if #1 on keypad is pressed (Also the default), but if you press #7 on the keypad, the # of bullets you have will display in red instead of black and you will be shooting down. This is in manual and I've tested with no issues.

JoeM,

I'm using arcade controller with 4-way gate, your using?

I'm just using my Sears Video Arcade with normal controller/disc. - although my video output is very grainy so will need to address in future.

I gotta try with your controller one day but don't want to dig out now as I don't mind disc. and want to keep protected from when kids visit.

wow, 89,700 is very good with stock controller. I 'test' all the corners when setting up a shot, is that even possible with the disc, i.e. do you have enough time?

Do you leverage the in game rapid fire on the big robots?

Edited by grips03

Thanks grips03. I use rapid fire when I can - of course only one bullet can be in air at a time. As far as testing corners, if I have enough time I will make sure that my guy is in correct position to not only take the shot I want, but then make the correct turn I want. If it's more hectic & I don't have time prepare this, I'll get my shot off but may sometimes make a mistake & turn into wall instead of maze by accident. It should be noted that another nice feature of game is that every 10,000 points the enemy robot bullets travel faster so you have much less time to outrun them and can get killed by quick fire if you are not careful.

I really enjoy the game VERY MUCH and so happy it was released. How have you made out in other mazes? I haven't played them yet as I've been busy and want to improve my "Classic" score. Your 1st score on 2nd maze was pretty damn good start.

I recieved my copy on Friday :). I have had about an hour to play it and it's great. I wish I would of had more time for it. I wa extremely rusty at the game but once I got going it was a blast. Thumbs up to the community and everyone who is still supporting the Intellivision. It's a great time to be a fan.

Edited by RetroAl

The robots get kind of mad at 100K

The robots bullets should be at full speed by 100k. You should be encountering the harder robots more often as your score goes higher.

I do not see the GAME OVER text in your image. Were you in the middle of the game?

The few remaining copies will become available hopefully sooner than later.