IGNORED

Did you buy a game device just for one perticular game?

5argust

Yes, I've done this:

Sega Genesis for Starflight that was packed with it (I know, not for Sonic, but this game was a space flight adventure!)

Xbox for Halo

DS for Animal Crossing

3DS for Animal Crossing

Atari 2600 for Space Invaders

-Steve

• Like 1

Colecovision - Donkey Kong

Genesis - Sonic

Jaguar - Tempest 2000

Nuon - Tempest 3000

The CV is the only one I actually bought when new.

Edit: Just remembered that I bought the 5200 back then for a more accurate Pac Man versus the one I had for the 2600. Also the NES for SMB. Wonderswan for Crazy Climber.

Edited by darthkur

No the name wasn't that obvious. It was a spiritual successor to Tempest made by an indie company.

Typhoon 2K1 for PCs? It's free, and very good. In a nutshell, it's Tempest 2000 in all but name.

The original site has disappeared, but Google should still be able to find it. If not, hit me up and I'll send you the executable.

Gameboy. Super mario land. Yeah, super mario land, not tetris. I bought a system for that one game, and it remained one of my favorites for years. Mine came with Zelda Links awakening, and I eventually got tetris, but I bought that system for Mario. Was a huge fan back then, and mario on the go was just an awesome Idea.

Although I didn't necessarily buy the console just for this game, I mean, I was going to get the console anyway, but...

Anyway, I've had my N64 for probably about eight years now and I still only have Super Mario 64 to play on it. And I'm okay with that, because SM64 is a great game.

My brother in law, on the other hand... I remember him selling his SNES and games so he could get a Genesis and play Sonic Spinball... yes... Sonic Spinball...

Although I didn't necessarily buy the console just for this game, I mean, I was going to get the console anyway, but...

Anyway, I've had my N64 for probably about eight years now and I still only have Super Mario 64 to play on it. And I'm okay with that, because SM64 is a great game.

My brother in law, on the other hand... I remember him selling his SNES and games so he could get a Genesis and play Sonic Spinball... yes... Sonic Spinball...

How hard did he kick himself for this?

I bought the Playstation for SOUL BLADE. I loved the idea of a Street Fighter-type game with weapons. Great game! Not long after I got Final Fantasy VII and got a free t-shirt to go with it (special promo)!

The PS2 I got for Soul Calibur 3, also awesome.

I bought the Playstation for SOUL BLADE. I loved the idea of a Street Fighter-type game with weapons. Great game! Not long after I got Final Fantasy VII and got a free t-shirt to go with it (special promo)!

The PS2 I got for Soul Calibur 3, also awesome.

Was this the shirt? I still have mine. :)d5f6kvE.jpg

• Like 1

I thought so. For years it was the only GBC game I had for it. I also decided to get into the PSP just for Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection.

You just reminded me I only bought my PSP (two of them actually) to play FF7: Crisis Core.

The first one was a 1000 model from craigslist and came with that game and a ton of others.

The second one is a 3000 model I bought at a mom and pop shop because I can plug it into my TV.

I bought a TG-16 for the Bonk series and now the series has become too expensive for me to get. So my TG-16 sits with just my games that came with it (Devils Crush and Keith Courage in the Alpha Zones).