IGNORED

Did you buy a game device just for one perticular game?

5argust

Both back in the day.

TG16 for Power Golf. I loved the music.

Golf, really? Kids make some odd choices sometimes... :P

I bought a TG-16 for the Bonk series and now the series has become too expensive for me to get. So my TG-16 sits with just my games that came with it (Devils Crush and Keith Courage in the Alpha Zones).

Hi. I managed to score a TG-16 on eBay earlier this year with Kieth's Courage and Bonk's Adventure. I also picked up Bonk's Revenge, Devil's Crush, Alien's Crush, Time Warp, Pacland (Nostalgia - I played this game on my Lynx as a kid). Then I looked at some more games and how expensive most of the good stuff was (Bonk III, Air Zonk, etc...), and quickly invested in an Everdrive.

Just recently I scored a Parasol Stars. All CIB except Time Warp. If memory serves me correct, Time Warp was a late release and came with a cardboard sleeve instead of a jewel case.

But I guess you could say I got the TG-16 mainly for Bonk's and some Crush Pinball.

Edited by stardust4ever

Nintendo 64. I bought it because at the time Robotech: Crystal Dreams was allegedly on it's way. Of course, that game never materialized, and probably would have been less than good even if it had come out. I never did find anything I really liked for the system during it's lifetime. Even now, I think there's probably only about 5 or fewer games on the system I'd consider worth playing.

Dreamcast. Someone I knew was selling a non-working one for $20, so I decided to buy it and see if I could coax it into running. I did and promptly acquired Soul Calibur for the system. Other than Grandia II (a title I never could get hold of for the system), there was never anything else I found entertaining on it. Regardless, I've kept a DC around for years exclusively for Soul Calibur. Of course, that's been pretty pointless ever since SC2.

GameCube. I had money burning a hole in my pocket and I happened to see Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee. I bought the system for that one game alone. This one has a bit happier ending than the others, because I did eventually find some other games worth playing on the system.

X-Box 360. When I bought this system, the ONLY thing that seemed interesting for it was Dead or Alive 4. There was nothing on the upcoming list that looked good. I happened to be in a WalMart early on the New Years Eve following the launch when there were all the "shortages" of systems. On a whim I decided to hang out with a bunch of other people who were spending their New Year's Eve acquiring a game system. Eventually there were some other games worth owning the system for.

My TG-16 collection is now down to 3 games after my purge - Alien Crush, Time Cruise, and Galaga 90 - two pinball games and an arcade classic. Just how I roll :D

What, no Devil's Crush? That's the best one! There's also a sequel for Super Famicom called "Jaki Crush" that's equally as good. Also check out Dragon's Fury and Dragon's Revenge for Genesis. Some really badass pinball games...

• 2 months later...

I bought the original Playstation just for Final Fantasy VII, more or less. There were some other games that seemed mildly interesting, and others that I'd come to love (Suikoden, Xenogears), but I doubt I would have taken the plunge if not for Final Fantasy VII.

I also just bought a Playstation TV for TxK.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure lot's of us bought a game system for one game but then discovered tons of other good stuff to play on it. But how many systems exist that are true one-hit-wonders, ie you by the system for that one game and it really is the only game in the library worth playing? Dedicated consoles/handhelds that lack removable media don't count obviously. :P

Edited by stardust4ever