IGNORED

ATARI 2600 VCS INCREDIBLE HULK PARKER BROTHERS SEALED

airgames

Can someone post cliffs to get me caught up on this thread?

- Dude says he found a HULK (sealed) at local store

- Members tell dude it's fake (pics on back are from Frankensteins monster hack made by a member)

- Dude gets upset, says he gets money back

- Dude posts updated pics of game box with new screen shots and also addresses logo issues/etc

- Members begin to accuse dude of making it himself to dupe people and wondering how he got money back but kept game/etc (all this info is in the last few pages)

• Like 2

- Dude says he found a HULK (sealed) at local store

- Members tell dude it's fake (pics on back are from Frankensteins monster hack made by a member)

- Dude gets upset, says he gets money back

- Dude posts updated pics of game box with new screen shots and also addresses logo issues/etc

- Members begin to accuse dude of making it himself to dupe people and wondering how he got money back but kept game/etc (all this info is in the last few pages)

I'm still not sure what the whole point of this thread was.

1. Make a bad fake box

2. Claim he got hosed by a shop and got his money back

3, Get people to correct the bad fake

4. Make a better fake box

5. ??????

6. Profit

If his whole scheme was to make fake boxes to sell but he needed knowledgeable people to help correct the errors, there are less convoluted ways to go about it. If he's just a legitimate collector who wanted to make himself a Hulk repro box, why lie about getting scammed by a game shop and getting his money back? Or did he go back and buy it again? None of this makes any sense and the bad google translate isn't helping.

• Like 3

If his whole scheme was to make fake boxes to sell but he needed knowledgeable people to help correct the errors, there are less convoluted ways to go about it. If he's just a legitimate collector who wanted to make himself a Hulk repro box, why lie about getting scammed by a game shop and getting his money back? Or did he go back and buy it again? None of this makes any sense and the bad google translate isn't helping.

I just used Google Translate and here is what I could figure out:

Airgames tried passing off a fake Hulk box as the real thing and ended up getting his dick broken.

I'm not sure how he broke his dick....just stating the obvious facts for those who missed them.

• Like 5

I just re-read this thread in its entirety, and I have to say that cliff notes in any form cannot do it justice. This may be the most epic thread of them all. AA has had a few epic threads in the past - the Knight Rider project, backin89, that guy who was whining about having to go to jail for trespassing and who caused bennybingo to take up a second job as his lawyer - but they all pale in comparison to this one. All those other threads shared short and predictable story arcs: The OPs got some sympathy and encouragement from the community at first, but when it became apparent that they were trolling it quickly turned into an endless stream of ridicule and Shatner until people got bored and/or the thread got locked.

By contrast, this thread is in a league of its own. It started by generating cautious hope among members that this fantastic find could be real, until those fragile wishes were brutally dashed by dr. kwack. Predictably the flames and Shatners started, but this time the OP actually managed to turn his sinking ship around by claiming he was also the victim of fraud. The naysayers were mostly silenced, language barriers were broken, apologies were exchanged, collection pics were shared, the difference between ranks and names and Yoda was explained, and for a while good times were had by all. However, it turned out this was just the lull before the storm. Just as we thought everyone would live happily ever after, we got hit with the final climactic plot twist that would make M Night Shyalaman proud: The shocking reveal that the OP was a ghost all along was able to produce his own professional-looking sealed game boxes all along. This pulled the rug out from under the feet of even the last die-hard believers. And even as he was finally going down in a sea of flames, the OP outdid himself once more by bowing out with last words that have already become an instant classic. "Close this discussion of dick! I broke! thanks" just makes other famous last words like "I got your f*cking crackpipe bitch!" seem so unsophisticated and downright pedestrian by comparison. I'm sure it will soon rank among the most quoted phrases on AA.

We have been given an exceptional gift, and I wanted to take this moment to acknowledge it.

• Like 19

the OP outdid himself once more by bowing out with last words that have already become an instant classic. "Close this discussion of dick! I broke! thanks" just makes other famous last words like "I got your f*cking crackpipe bitch!" seem so unsophisticated and downright pedestrian by comparison. I'm sure it will soon rank among the most quoted phrases on AA.

We have been given an exceptional gift, and I wanted to take this moment to acknowledge it.

:rolling:

WolfAmongWolves you've got it wrong!

I do not repro box.

I just bought a fake thinking it was an original.

apologizing to everyone !!!!

I just needed some help from people more 'expert.

I then decided to change the back box, making the box more just seen

that the old screen shot were the work of a member of AA.

all here!

I do not see what's so strange.

you were there talking, talking, talking, saying things that are untrue.

what I said and all true.

you must believe me.

I did not want to make fun of any of you.

• Like 1

WolfAmongWolves you've got it wrong!

I do not repro box.

I just bought a fake thinking it was an original.

apologizing to everyone !!!!

I just needed some help from people more 'expert.

all here!

you were there talking, talking, talking, saying things that are untrue.

what I said and all true.

you must believe me.

I did not want to make fun of any of you.

Well why didn't you just say so in the first place? OK then, everybody all clear now? Time to move along.............. ;)

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer

all here!

The strange thing is that most people don't have the ability to change the back of a box. The average AA member probably has an inkjet printer, but it wouldn't look anything like the back of a real box if they printed something out.

It's strange that the same person who bought a fake box would also have the ability to make their own fake box. (In case you don't know, the latest one that you posted still has mistakes.)

• Like 4