IGNORED

Flashback Overlays: Intellivision Productions & Psycho Stormtrooper

JasonlikesINTV

Received my overlays the other day! Some of the images *might* be a little dark to my eyes, but excellent overall quality to be sure. :love:

Keith was super apologetic, refunded my money and said he'd still be sending out my order. He did. While the transaction was totally botched (he even sent my shipping confirmation to another user here - ha!) and took a while from confirming to finally getting out in the mail, he did evetually make it right. I'm confident everyone will get their stuff eventually. Might be a pain, might have to be persistent, but it is what it is.

To those who are saying they've received zero communication from him, any chance that your mail could be going to his junk bin and/or perhaps his has on your end?

Oh, I'm quite sure I'll get my order sooner or later. It may not be until the summer at this rate, but I'm sure I'll get it. :) I'm just frustrated with the whole process from start to finish.

And yes, I have been checking my junk mail folder also for anything from them.

I can think of tons of things, actually:

• deciding to wait it out vs. pursue a refund immediately, based on what's happening with other people in the same boat ("I got my stuff!" vs. "Nope, still nothing here")
  • trying to figure out if there's been a technical issue via comparing notes, and how to fix it
  • trying to figure out why it's been happening, and whether it can be expected to get better (i.e. person X is in the hospital)
  • etc.

Look, this is the age of the Internet. People use online spaces to do things, and have conversations, that happened in person in the past. If we have a bad experience with a retailer, we post about it to figure out whether it's just a one-off, or whether we should write that retailer off. We may even decide to warn other people away from doing business with that retailer, or least caution them about what to expect.

I think the above is wisdom. There is something to be gained from meaningful reports on the orders. (The excessive complaining isn't very helpful though)

Even without the internet, customers are going to constantly do things you would prefer they didn't. You've got to roll with that and deal with the complaints without alienating them. Small biz or huge conglomerate, it is the same. Communicate frequently and openly with your customers or they will tell you they are unhappy.

I would say that in the midst of a crisis, communication becomes even more important. People want updates, and they will get them. If the big fat hairy important customer doesn't get updated by you, then he's probably getting an update from someone else. Does that person represent your interests? Should you control or influence that communication? When customers are most hungry for info is when you have to be at your best in communicating with them.

I ordered on Dec 1st. My overlay order was reported as shipping 2/13 and the tracking shows it in my city ready for delivery today. I got the general update on Dec 23, and I sent 2 or 3 emails back in December, but I didn't get a response. I got another general update a few weeks ago, but never anything personal. I did NOT file any sort of PayPal or CC dispute.

So according to the tracking number, when did the item actually ship at the post office? Was it before or after the credit card company contacted them?

The credit card company didn't say when they were able to make contact with Intellivision Productions, but it was obviously sometime before they contacted me. And the tracking number shows the item as just being shipped now.

Looks like I whipped this game. Rollover!

attachicon.gif50shades Screenshot (17).gif attachicon.gif50shades Screenshot (18).gif

Dear sweet christ. It maxes the rank at 20,000 - I didn't think anyone would be so masochistic as to even get that high. You, sir, are impressive!

I hope like hell you used a keyboard macro or some cheat device. Pressing a button or key 65,000 times? Ouch. (For anyone who hasn't tried, you can't simply hold down the button, you have to press it every single time to score a single point). You definitely get a free copy of the CIB release if it ever exists. Thanks for making my day :D

Edit: in fact, if you do ever see us discussing this, make sure to remind me that you're getting a credit in the game. Maybe I'll name the highest rank after you. You can decide real name or AA handle or whatever :) Of course I see about a 0.1% chance of an actual release, but stranger things have happened. Rev already has the box and overlay art prepared (although Keith might sue us into the ground if we ever tried it).

Edited by freeweed

Dear sweet christ. It maxes the rank at 20,000 - I didn't think anyone would be so masochistic as to even get that high. You, sir, are impressive!

I hope like hell you used a keyboard macro or some cheat device. Pressing a button or key 65,000 times? Ouch. (For anyone who hasn't tried, you can't simply hold down the button, you have to press it every single time to score a single point). You definitely get a free copy of the CIB release if it ever exists. Thanks for making my day :D

damn. I should have used my rapid fire!! :)

On the bright side, this thread has resulted in at least one game. Let's make it a contest - who can come up with the best game about this situation? I like the Tapper idea but it would be an awful lot of dynamic BACKTAB programming. Not my forte.

A game released 30+ years ago seems apropo here... Snafu! :lolblue:

Edit: in fact, if you do ever see us discussing this, make sure to remind me that you're getting a credit in the game. Maybe I'll name the highest rank after you. You can decide real name or AA handle or whatever :) Of course I see about a 0.1% chance of an actual release, but stranger things have happened. Rev already has the box and overlay art prepared (although Keith might sue us into the ground if we ever tried it).

At a constant rate of two whips per second, you would have to whip it for over 9 straight hours to get 65,000.

I tried to find 10 hours of Devo on YouTube, but this will have to do :)

http://youtu.be/Ktbhw0v186Q

Just change the name and add a few more bdsm mini games. Make it a girl/guy instead of keith and Eric........call it: 50 shades of Inty

As people suspected, I actually used a keyboard macro playback software. I was able to get to 65,535 in about ~2 hours. I actually rolled it over twice. I was expecting the score to be implemented in BCD so I was expecting rollover to occur at 99999 (several old Inty games do this) instead of binary at 65535. I smacked my forehead when it rolled the first time, say "oh of course...", and just set up the macro to run another couple hours. :-D

Annoying. I was editing my post above, got the image in, but then it wouldn't let me edit the post contents. I guess I exactly hit the 60 minute limit for post editing for non-subscribers, right as I was saving the post.

Anyway - the font is a placeholder and the tie needs some cleaning up, but that's an honest-to-goodness title screen straight out of jzintv. :P

• Like 1

Annoying. I was editing my post above, got the image in, but then it wouldn't let me edit the post contents. I guess I exactly hit the 60 minute limit for post editing for non-subscribers, right as I was saving the post.

Anyway - the font is a placeholder and the tie needs some cleaning up, but that's an honest-to-goodness title screen straight out of jzintv. :P

If you want more time to edit posts (and other upgrades), you could get an AtariAge subscription. For a long time, I somehow completely missed that it was an option but I'm glad I finally noticed and upgraded.

http://atariage.com/forums/page/subscriptions

• Like 2