IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2014 Championship

DZ-Jay

This game started out good. Another perfect christmas.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Then i got 8 lives built up only needed one more for achievement. Then everything went to absolute shit and i lost my 9 or 10 lives. (not sure how many you get at this score) and i didnt even get to ranger on what again should have been my best game. Im about to hurl my flashback out the window. :mad: :lol:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

That my friend is the "Curse of the Perfect Xmas". Now that you got the Perfect Xmas Achievement out of the way, forget about Perfects and advance, advance, advance...

Each new level can increase your score at around 100 points, a perfect achievement will only give you 10, 20, 30 or 40 extra points. The Maths cannot be wrong, advancing beats perfection in this game. Cheers. O

Edited by Oscar G.
  • Like 2

Last year, iirc, I predicted the winning score would go around 27k. 30k was my objective but I couldn't do it...

I'm feeling fushek is almost mastering the game. It's interesting I had around 17k in late December last year just like him. I got the 23k in the very last day!

It's hard to find time for many attempts, but I know fushek would pass the 30k mark if he had the chance.

On the other hand, grips always starts with a 'what's a great score for this game?' and finishes with a greater one!

Me? I may find the time to play one or two more games (they take several hours). I'm not that confident to pass the orange but who knows?

Yikes ... 30K? I'm too spastic to hit that ... if my pattern breaks I panic too much to get that high.

I've seen some of the scores that grips can put up on games, so I live in fear of being dethroned. Tonight is likely my last chance to see if I can pad my lead as I know grips will be charging hard at the end!!!

• Like 6

That my friend is the "Curse of the Perfect Xmas". Now that you got the Perfect Xmas Achievement out of the way, forget about Perfects and advance, advance, advance...

Each new level can increase your score at around 100 points, a perfect achievement will only give you 10, 20, 30 or 40 extra points. The Maths cannot be wrong, advancing beats perfection in this game. Cheers. O

after the novice level i dont try as hard for perfects, but i still try. My anxiety is my true enemy. At the last levels of novice my anxiety starts kicking in then after a couple levels of helper i start making stupid mistakes or take paths i never take. I probably should pause and walk away for a while after beating novice. But i am going to give it a try after novice to just go after presents and snowflakes. Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 2

I let my 6 month old Andrew give it a shot. Not bad for just mashing buttons.

That's great! Welcome, Andrew! That's not a bad score, considering! :)

He'll kick ass next year, when he finally learns how to walk! :lol:

Hey dz: does this mean save christmas twice on two seperate games or save christmas twice and make ranger elf?

I, Christmas Savior Extraordinaire

Complete all eight stages to save Christmas a second time or more, on or before Christmas Eve.

Automatic: Yes

Available: Cartridge, ROM

It means saving Christmas more than once in the same game, and thus making Ranger Elf before Christmas Day. Unfortunately, you didn't earn the rank until 27 December.

Nonetheless, your other achievements are impressive! :)

Haven't had much time to play. At least I broke 1k ;-)

attachicon.gifshot0003.gif

Congratulations, Gorfy! You're almost up to your previous score. ;)

-dZ.

• Like 1

C'mon, guys, only one day and a bit left! I see some people sweating in their spots... At this point, I don't think anybody is safe... except perhaps Fushek.

I've updated the official leaderboard and the first post with the latest rankings and stats.

It's not over until the fat elf sings, so get crackin'!!!

-dZ.

• Like 2

new high (for me) 14,325

I think I played 3+ hours.

Have you guys timed long games?

Great game, Grips.

Yeah, around 3 hours for a mid to high yellow game. Hard to tell as I sometimes play in spurts.

And seeing scores like this, no I am NOT safe!

• Like 4

Great game, Grips.

Yeah, around 3 hours for a mid to high yellow game. Hard to tell as I sometimes play in spurts.

And seeing scores like this, no I am NOT safe!

I'll try again tomorrow, but seeing as how I got 13K, 12K, then 14K I think your pretty safe. I can get ~10K with 9 lives left, but they start to disappear due to simple errors or very agressive snowman.

• Like 3

Wow! Congratulations, pimpmaul69! You are now an Elite Master Elf! :)

And, great job, grips03--that is a fantastic score! You have Fushek shaking in his elf boots! :o

I've updated the official leaderboard with the latest scores.

-dZ.

now if i didnt lose two lives on novice. I almost restarted the game.
  • Like 1