IGNORED

Carol vs. The World 2014 Championship

DZ-Jay

We have a new entry submitted from outside this forum:

Entry name: zapiy

Score: 121

Level: 2

post-27318-0-95628000-1417783063_thumb.jpg

Welcome, zapiy, nice starting score there! Don't forget, there's a Practice Mode precisely for this very reason: get some time with the game, and push that score up!

-dZ.

Strike that--zapiy posted an updated score:

Entry name: zapiy

Score: 419

Level: 6

post-27318-0-24777300-1417783591_thumb.jpg

How's that for a fantastic improvement! In the words of Rookie Elf zapiy himself:

I'm on a roll baby....oh yeah...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You sure are! And I've updated the official leaderboard just to give you extra bragging rights.

-dZ.

@ dz-jay: The numbers can only be pressed on the right analog stick on the classic controller.. If i use one of my modded controllers i cant press any numbers other than 5 and 0. And because of how the numbers are on the analog stick you cant press 2 numbers at the same time anyway. (Unless you use 2 controllers.) but i got the button fixed so not an issue any more. I am also starting to think my "buddy christ" is not cheering me on but more pointing and laughing.. :lol:

• Like 1

Here is todays crappy score for 12 days of christmas. I actually had i higher score but after the ghost takes my presents i restart cause i cant recover. I suck and dont stand a chance against casper and olaf after i lose my presents

post-30773-0-80766200-1417804097_thumb.jpgpost-30773-0-74594500-1417804436_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 2

Here is todays crappy score for 12 days of christmas. I actually had i higher score but after the ghost takes my presents i restart cause i cant recover. I suck and dont stand a chance against casper and olaf after i lose my presents

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Man, that level is one the the easiest! Liduario posted last year a trick on how to get the Snowman stuck on the top left corner so that you can clean up the place and get Perfect Score every single time. Let me see if I can find it...

[...]

I think this is it. Warning, contains spoilers!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/205725-cvw-tips-tricks-countdown/?p=2881155

Edited by DZ-Jay

Well, perhaps the Ghost Of Christmas Presents is someone else... and that's why Jesus is laughing at you. :P

My Windows XP machine gave it away...

post-27318-0-89799700-1417824349_thumb.png <-- click to enlarge

:lol:

• Like 1

Wow... the first week almost gone and we've got lots of progress, and even some new participants! See below for the highlights.

You say "crappy" and I say, "progress!" Your first score was 666 (tsk!) and now you're saving Christmas like a veteran of Santa's Elite Elf Squad. Keep it up! keep on cracking, mate!!

CHRISTMAS CAROL - SECOND TAKE - 2,461 (Saved Christmas once again)

PICTURES: attachicon.gifshot0000.gif attachicon.gifshot0001.gif

VIDEO (with audio and my identification at the bottom):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27Hejw2bO6A

Wow! That's almost double your previous score, Wilson! You're a good contender for the Top Elite Helper Elf rank. However, last year you did much better than this, so I expect you'll keep surprising us with your advancement. :)

Score for the day - 2931

Little by little. Easy does it. Your score keeps improving, but watch out for Wilson, who's got his eye on your position in the leaderboard!

And we have a new participant, everybody welcome Emerson:

Entry name: Emerson

Score: 1,438

Level: 17

post-27318-0-57628100-1417825827_thumb.jpg

He sent his entry via e-mail and said:

This game is addicting! Thanks for letting me play.

You are most welcomed, Emerson. That's not a bad score for a rookie. In fact, that's not bad for a veteran! Great score, Emerson! I hope you stick around and share your progress with us.

I've updated the official leaderboard, so go check yourself out, brag about it, and share it with the world. Tomorrow I will update the top post with some player statistics and with the latest standings.

One week almost over, and it's going great! Keep cracking!

-dZ.

Having the inty controller disc gives you a wide range of motion play allowing you to not screw up your direction easier. I have so little range i wanted to chuck my snes controller. So i decided to just play in the level selector and try to get a perfect in every stage. In the rom version you cant play stage 8 in stage selector mode. but i did pull of a perfect on every other stage eventually. Maybe this will help my gameplay in the real game. Since it is after midnight does this count as a third day in a row of playing? I would have five days but on day two i didnt submit a score cause i didnt know about tge 12 days of christmas. When i wake up i gotta fix my car but hopefully i will get some good game time in afterward. This damn competition has me playing non stop. It is consuming me. I need this patch. Not sure how long i can hold 10th place though.

post-30773-0-76672500-1417851322_thumb.jpgpost-30773-0-90720200-1417851358_thumb.jpg

post-30773-0-82391100-1417851437_thumb.jpgpost-30773-0-68320600-1417851482_thumb.jpg

post-30773-0-15022700-1417851530_thumb.jpgpost-30773-0-24340500-1417851582_thumb.jpg

post-30773-0-00401600-1417851622_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69
  • Like 2

26 days to go and the competition is heating up!

First Perfect Christmas.

attachicon.gifxmas.png

Fantastic! However, you know you're going to show screenshots or video... ;)

But at least you're on your way... Keep at it!

Having the inty controller disc gives you a wide range of motion play allowing you to not screw up your direction easier. I have so little range i wanted to chuck my snes controller. So i decided to just play in the level selector and try to get a perfect in every stage. In the rom version you cant play stage 8 in stage selector mode. but i did pull of a perfect on every other stage eventually. Maybe this will help my gameplay in the real game. Since it is after midnight does this count as a third day in a row of playing? I would have five days but on day two i didnt submit a score cause i didnt know about tge 12 days of christmas. When i wake up i gotta fix my car but hopefully i will get some good game time in afterward. This damn competition has me playing non stop. It is consuming me. I need this patch. Not sure how long i can hold 10th place though.
attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Great stuff!

Yes, for those who haven't kept up with all my mentions of it, here it is once more: There's "Practice Mode" built-into the game. You access it by pressing "Clear" on the Intellivision keypad. This brings a menu that lets you choose any of the stages in the adventure to practice, with the exception of the "Boss Level." You have to play the adventure and earn your way to the "Boss Level" and save Christmas.

The instruction manual booklet provides information on this and many other features of the game. I recommend you take a look at it. You can get a PDF version here:

http://www.carolvsghost.com/artwork/christmas_carol-manual.pdf

By the way, pimpmaul69, you earned Practice Makes Perfect achievement for sure, but all the other Perfect Score achievements are not applicable to "Practice Mode." You'll have to play the regular "Adventure Mode" to earn those! ;)

Yeliz K. is playing as well. Here is her first score: 1057

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Welcome, back Helper Elf Yeliz K.! It's nice to have you with us for another year! That is a really nice score, and it shot you to the top of the Elite Novice Elves (sorry, pimp, you've been knocked down!). However, I'm sure you won't stay there for long... you're bound to save Christmas soon!

By the way, Kabeka, where are the entries for the rest of the K. Clan?

I've updated the official leaderboard with the latest scores. I will provide some stats and rankings later today.

Good luck everyone! Keep on cracking!

-dZ.

• Like 1

Fantastic! However, you know you're going to show screenshots or video... ;)

But at least you're on your way... Keep at it!

-dZ.

Today I tried to improve my score for perfect games, and I failed... :(

But since I was recording, I decided to continue and try my first complete game. I'm glad I'm not too much rusted. :)

Although I believe Fushek, who in 2013 beated my 2012 score, will beat my 23k score from last year; I think it's better to not post here and risk winning a 2nd time.

Actually, I think Wispfollower and me shouldn't be eligible for the grand prize again; it's much better to have another winner with his dreamed Custom Carol Edition.

So, I'm not posting here but I'm sharing all my secrets (if there's some I didn't mention) in video.

I hope my video helps a Grand Master achieve the red score.

Good Luck to all Elves. :thumbsup:

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision
  • Like 3

Although I believe Fushek, who in 2013 beated my 2012 score, will beat my 23k score from last year; I think it's better to not post here and risk winning a 2nd time.

Actually, I think Wispfollower and me shouldn't be eligible for the grand prize again; it's much better to have another winner with his dreamed Custom Carol Edition.

spoken like a true champion. Thumbs up to you my friend.
  • Like 1

4 perfects in a row and still couldnt beat my score.

post-30773-0-03709000-1417934563_thumb.jpg

My final score this game

post-30773-0-31130900-1417934616_thumb.jpg

I am playing this so much im gonna go flipping crazy. Got my raspberry pi in. Waiting on my order of flashbacks from dollar general and my ultimate pc interface. Cant wait to be able to play with real controls.

• Like 2