IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2015 (Season 8)

PET:

Bomber - 3 min.

Bonzo! [Randall Lockwood, Cursor #16] - 4 min.

Canyon [Larry Stevens, Cursor #12] - 4 min.

Car Race II [satori Iwata] - 9 min. (2877 pts)

Lawn! [bob Carr, Cursor #26] - 7 min.

Miner! [Ron Longfellow, Cursor #19] - 5 min.

After nearly two months of play testing, I've come up with 166K of PET games to transfer to a floppy. Now it doesn't say all those games will work on my 3032 with BASIC 4.0, since I emulated against a 3032 with BASIC 2.0 but hopefully most will.

The list of titles for those interested (of which not all games have been featured on this tracker, nor have all the games I spent some minutes on ended up in the sweet 166K) goes like this:

Alligator Moeras (N. Webster on Sharp MZ-80, PET version by Jos Leppens)

Ballon-Redden (D.W. Engelfriet, DWE Produktie)

Bomber (Arne Gleason)

Breakout

Car Race II (Satori Iwata)

Cosmic Cosmiads (Derek J Hipkin)

Cosmic Fighter (MS Software)

Cosmic Jailbreak (Derek J Hipkin)

Debris (Bodyguard Software)

Frogger (German)

Heart Racer

Lawn! (Bob Carr)

Mad Bomber

Meteorites (D.E. Anthony)

Millipede (On Line Software)

Miner! (Ron Longfellow)

Mission 2001 (Anthony & Steven Scian, David A. Hook)

Nab! (Malcolm Michael)

Night Drive (J. Suzuki)

Ouranos! (Kathy Higby)

Postperson's Route

Racer! (Mike Rawley)

Rescue! (Nick Jackiw)

Seige (Mike Singleton)

Shark (Glen Fisher)

Ski (Mike Singleton)

Space Invaders

Starburst

Toker (anonymous in Ann Arbor)

Torpedeo (John Briggs)

TRON Light Cycle Game

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 2

ATARI 2600:

1) Barnstorming - 12 minutes. Best times: 33.05 seconds on Game 1, 50.63 seconds on Game 2, and 53.09 seconds on Game 3

2) Beamrider - 155 minutes

3) Demon Attack - 18 minutes

4) Pressure Cooker - 47 minutes. Highest Score 275,055 points.

5) Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier. I played this game just for practice.

GAMEBOY:

1) Galaga - 15 minutes

2) Galaxian - 40 minutes

• Like 2

Got an Amiga 500 this week which looked like the post man tossed around (keys all loose in the box) and wouldnt work until i put some work in it but finally got it going and played a couple games.

Wolfchild - 20min

Plat-Man - 10min

Pacmania - 5min

Wild Cup Soccer - 5min

Also played a couple CoCo2 games

Catch-em - 15min

Outhouse - 25min

• Like 3

Intellivision:

Super Cobra - 17 min.

Tower of Doom - 487 min.

N64:

South Park - 476 min.

Other than a few games of Super Cobra, my week in gaming was spent trying to beat more scenarios with the Waif in Tower of Doom (no dice), and playing through the first two levels (and most of the third) in the predictably goofy FPS starring Kyle, Stan, Kenny, and Cartman.

Actually as a shooter South Park is perfectly playable (if dull), but they foolishly mixed in some 3D platforming. The resulting blend is like tomato and chocolate: two things that I enjoy on their own in moderation, but certainly don't go together, and give me heartburn to boot.

• Like 4

This week I'm posting from my tablet once again while I wait for my new laptop from eBay to arrive in the mail, so forgive the lack of underlining on the system categories. Anyway, I actually didn't play nearly as much this week due to some real life obligations; but my wife decided to pick up the slack and join the fun by logging her play times in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis on the PS1, Frogger on the Atari 2600, and a few Genesis games too. So, here's our household's combined video game play time for the week! :)

HMtR9Ih.jpg

Arcade

Centipede (Arcade's Greatest Hits Vol. 1 for PS1) - 29 minutes

Galaga (Original upright cabinet) - 13 minutes

Galaga (Namco Museum for GBA) - 116 minutes

Galaxian (Namco Museum Vol. 3 for PS1) - 7 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Original upright cabinet) - 8 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man (Namco Museum Vol. 3 for PS1) - 16 minutes

Atari 2600

Centipede - 36 minutes

Frogger - 67 minutes

Galaxian - 10 minutes

PlayStation

Resident Evil 3: Nemesis - 399 minutes

Sega Genesis

Castlevania: Bloodlines - 16 minutes

Columns - 69 minutes

Ms. Pac-Man - 26 minutes

Raiden Trad - 112 minutes

The Revenge of Shinobi - 22 minutes

Truxton - 124 minutes

Total Play Time This Week: 1,070 minutes (17 hours 50 minutes)

Individual System Play Times This Week

PlayStation: 399 minutes

Sega Genesis: 369 minutes

Arcade: 189 minutes

Atari 2600: 113 minutes

For me the big highlight of this week was finally beating Raiden Trad! I've been playing this game off and on for months now and could never quite handle the final stage, but after almost two hours of playing I finally conquered it this week. Sure, it was on Easy mode, but I'll take my victories where I can get them. :lol:

I was also pretty excited to have found very nice condition and reasonably priced copies of Castlevania: Bloodlines, Truxton, Columns, Ms. Pac-Man, and The Revenge of Shinobi for the Genesis at some local game stores over the last few days; so I spent a little time trying 'em out and will probably dig more into them next week. The misses instantly fell in love with Columns from the moment she tried it, so that game saw a bit more play time than the rest. All in all it was a pretty good week for gaming around here! :)

• Like 4

Here are my (non-)times for the past week (July 13th through 19th)...

Sorry, I haven't played any games. I had a date for eye surgery at the hospital on July 17th, for which I got written sick by my house doctor three days in advance, including a PC ban in order to relax my eyes. However, on the morning of July 17th I got a call from the hospital saying that there was a miscommunication when scheduling the date, and it got postponed to July 23rd, then in another call they postponed it again to July 28th. Now I got written off at the doctors' immediately and went to work again. However, my father initially said that my doctor did the right thing and I should visit him again tomorrow to ask how long I should avoid doing anything on the PC in advance to the surgery. But I'm pretty sure that if I did that, he'd write me sick again instantly and say I shouldn't do anything on the PC for the whole remaining week, and probably another week after the surgery (where the paper says I should avoid physical excertion, which according to my house doctor probably would include anything I do on the PC, and according to a colleague could include carring more than 1 kg of weight). I'm now actually avoiding that by not visiting the house Dr. again, and my father, after I explained the situation that I actually have the PC tied in most things I do, agreed I shouldn't do it. I now have three weeks off work starting today (not sick, but regular vacation), but I still feel I should pay some tributes since I actually should endure a PC ban for at least two more weeks. So if I really do anything on the PC, it should be important things, and gaming is not on the list of important things. To that end, I will also go swimming with my father although I really don't like to do that (it's over 30°C out here, so really good weather for swimming actually). So, in order to pay some tributes, I plan not to play any games through at least August 4th.

• Like 2

Here's my times for the week.

3DO-

Gex - 152 minutes

D - 105 minutes

The Horde - 137 minutes

Apple II-

Sabatoge - 36 minutes

Atari 2600-

Night Driver - 20 minutes

Combat - 5 minutes

Indy 500 - 13 minutes

BBC Micro-

Granny's Garden - 12 minutes

Elite - 14 minutes

Thrust - 54 minutes

Neo Geo Pocket Color-

The Last Blade: Beyond the Destiny - 26 minutes

NES-

The Legend of Zelda - 16 minutes

PC Engine-

Ys I & II - 247 minutes

Lapalace no Ma - 164 minutes

Sega Saturn-

Enemy Zero - 372 minutes

D - 112 minutes

Sega Dreamcast

D2 - 637 minutes

ZX81-

3D Monster Maze - 53 minutes

• Like 4

Here's the summary for Week 29, running from July 13 - 19. We logged 6610 minutes of eligible playtime, playing 78 games on a total of 22 systems.

Top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 719

2. D2 (Dreamcast) - 637

3. Historyline 1914-1918 (PC (DOS)) - 515

4. Tower of Doom (Intellivision) - 487

5. South Park (N64) - 476

6. Resident Evil 3: Nemesis (PlayStation) - 399

7. Enemy Zero (Sega Saturn) - 372

8. Ys I & II (JPN) (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 247

9. Lock 'n' Chase (Intellivision) - 195

10. Laplace no Ma (TG-CD/PC Engine CD) - 164

Pre-NES top 10:

1. Kaboom (Atari 2600) - 719

2. Tower of Doom (Intellivision) - 487

3. Lock 'n' Chase (Intellivision) - 195

4. Beamrider (Atari 2600) - 155

5. Super Chef BT (Intellivision) - 140

6. Galaga (Arcade) - 129

7. Frogger (Atari 2600) - 67

8. Thrust (BBC Micro) - 54

9. 3D Monster Maze (Sinclair ZX 81) - 53

10. Megamania (Atari 2600) - 50

Top 10 systems:

1. Atari 2600 (1206)

2. Intellivision (869)

3. Dreamcast (637)

4. PC (DOS) (515)

5. Genesis (499)

6. Sega Saturn (484)

7. N64 (476)

8. TG-CD/PC Engine CD (411)

9. PlayStation (399)

10. 3DO (394)

Well, time to update that list I posted last week, because Week 29 of 2015 is our third-biggest week of all time! Big numbers across the board, with 22 different systems represented, and even the least-played of those platforms logged 26 minutes. Wow.

In the midst of all this activity, perennial performer Kaboom takes the #1 spot across the board and leads the VCS to the top spot on the system charts, wherein the Intellivision is #2. (So it's 1980 all over again, basically.)

Lastly, member #158 in a certain club manages to get the target number on the nose, as The Legend of Zelda has now logged exactly 1000 minutes.

• Like 5

Cool tracker... :)

This week (so far, but moving the next 3 days, so there won't be any more gaming)

Tempest (MAME): 45 minutes

Tiny Toons: Busters Hidden Treasure (Genesis): 120 minutes (+/-)

Shaq Fu (Genesis): 45 minutes

Sonic 2 (Genesis): 120 minutes (+/-)

Mortal Kombat I (Genesis): 60 minutes

Asteroids (@ local arcade) 20 minutes (and $5)

Star Trek (XBASIC homebrew port for TI-994A by adamantyr): 30 minutes

MineStorm (Vectrex emulator) 120 minutes

That's it for now. :)

• Like 4

PET: (non-emulated!)

Car Race II - 2 min.

Seige - 13 min.

Another week with nearly no gaming to report. At least I finally got to prepare a floppy disk and run on my actual PET computer. Unfortunately it quickly turned out that the majority of games, as I had feared, were not compatible with BASIC 4.0. Fortunately I got enough spare 2532 EPROMs, capable programmer and eraser so I could downgrade to BASIC 2.0 and have those games running. Now I don't dare running it for too long in case it would break down in one way or another, but at least I got it working for now.
  • Like 3

A8-

Missile Command- 10min

Lynx-

Raiden- 10min

TG16-

Tatsujin- 25min

Raiden- 10min

GBC-

1942- 50min

SNES-

Bio Metal- 15min

Axelay- 10min

Genesis-

Phantasy Star III- 16hrs 15min

Jaguar-

Doom- 5min

Raiden- 5min

Wolfenstein 3D- 20min

5200-

Pitfall II- 25min

• Like 4

A8-

Missile Command- 10min

Lynx-

Raiden- 10min

TG16-

Tatsujin- 25min

Raiden- 10min

GBC-

1942- 50min

SNES-

Bio Metal- 15min

Axelay- 10min

Genesis-

Phantasy Star III- 16hrs 15min

Jaguar-

Doom- 5min

Raiden- 5min

Wolfenstein 3D- 20min

5200-

Pitfall II- 25min

Awesome game list for this week! I'm loving the amount of quality spaceship shooters on there, and you can never go wrong with Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. :D That also reminds me that I really need to get a copy of 1942 for the GBC! If you're looking for another vertical scrolling GBC shmup to try out I highly recommend Project S-11. It'll really blow your mind how smooth the game plays and how good it looks for a GBC game, and the music is just ten different kinds of awesome. Anyway, great list once again! :)

• Like 1

Awesome game list for this week! I'm loving the amount of quality spaceship shooters on there, and you can never go wrong with Doom and Wolfenstein 3D. :D That also reminds me that I really need to get a copy of 1942 for the GBC! If you're looking for another vertical scrolling GBC shmup to try out I highly recommend Project S-11. It'll really blow your mind how smooth the game plays and how good it looks for a GBC game, and the music is just ten different kinds of awesome. Anyway, great list once again! :)

Might download that one. I use a chinese psp knockoff that plays any NES, SNES, GEN/MD, GBA, GB, GBC games i can load into it with AV out on my TV.

One of my favorites was the old B&W Solar Striker.

The jag games were played in setting up an emulator. I got one running good, but a touch slow.

Edited by zylon
  • Like 2

ONLY ATARI 2600:

1) Crackpots - 26 minutes. High Score: 141,390 points

2) Dragster - 1 minute

3) Enduro - 35 minutes. High Score: 1343.0 / 8 days

4) Freeway - 13 minutes. High Score: 24 points on Game 3-BB

5) Grand Prix - 40 minutes. Best Time: 2:09.04 on Game 4

6) Obelix - 90 minutes. High Score: 1,410,730 on Game 1 (Rolled The Score - including Statistical Table).

I'm back on 2600 NEW HSC after I stayed 5 weeks without posting my scores.

post-24681-0-06552900-1437948937_thumb.png

7) Oink! - 24 minutes

8 ) Pitfall 2: Lost Caverns - 61 minutes. High Score: 198,279 points - SOOOO close to the perfect score of 199,000 points.

9) Sky Jinks - 50 minutes. Best Times: 2min 20.17sec on Game 4BB, 2min 40.50sec on Game 4AA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrcRxF8bczU

10) Space Treat Deluxe (homebrew) - 9 minutes

11) Threshold - 12 minutes

• Like 2

Played quite a bit of Amiga 500 this week, which should help my not being able to play much next week due to working out of state for the week.

Amiga 500

Battle Squadron - 40min

Nice graphics and music, but I kind of suck at shoot-em-ups :P

Brian the Lion - 5min

Chaos Engine, The - 275min

Got hooked on this game the past couple days :) Awesome little shooter

Chaos Engine 2, The - 3min

No where near being as good as the first

Darkmere - 75min

Very pretty graphics, but after a while it got boring. Battling Orcs is to easy and Dragons are too hard lol. Never saw any other enemies, not sure if there are any?

Eye of the Beholder - 30min

Great game I played back in the day, hope to play through this one when I get more time :)

Pacmania - 50min

Rampage - 5min

Super Frog - 20min

Super Skweek - 60min

Started playing this as its the high score contest game on Lemon Amiga site right now and its pretty fun :)

Turrican - 5min

Wolfchild - 15min

• Like 2