IGNORED

What did you buy today?.........

evilevoix

On 7/3/2024 at 3:36 AM, GoldLeader said:

20240618_023541(1).thumb.jpg.ecd2522e59319a86510f2c6ff3989a63.jpg

I've been on some buying sprees lately for sure...

Bought about 20 albums (Ambient and Thrash mostly),  just a few shown.  The Mr. Bungle is on Transparent Smoke Red vinyl, so different than the usual...

What sports car could that rear window cover fit?  HMmmmm...(More on this later)...

Plus Jurassic Park and Judge Dredd for SNES,  and Wizards & Warriors III and Cool World for NES...

That red vinyl looks cool... reminds me of some clear red 45s I've seen before. But I wonder what effect that has on the sound? I've had issues with colored vinyl recently (and I wonder if transparency has any effect on the sound quality as well). I'm still waiting on the replacement cartridge for my turntable (learned that the one that was on my turntable was 40 years old and new OEM styli are no longer made for it). It should have been here two days ago if some bonehead at USPS didn't send it to a state 833 miles away (further away from where it shipped from) when it was already in a nearby city to me that is like 50ish miles away.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

That red vinyl looks cool... reminds me of some clear red 45s I've seen before. But I wonder what effect that has on the sound? I've had issues with colored vinyl recently (and I wonder if transparency has any effect on the sound quality as well). I'm still waiting on the replacement cartridge for my turntable (learned that the one that was on my turntable was 40 years old and new OEM styli are no longer made for it). It should have been here two days ago if some bonehead at USPS didn't send it to a state 833 miles away (further away from where it shipped from) when it was already in a nearby city to me that is like 50ish miles away.

New cartridge arrived and I got it all set up. It sounds amazing but there STILL is an issue with my second new copy of Somewhere in Time. An audio dropout that I thought was caused by a worn stylus is STILL there after installing the new cartridge and stylus. Why am I so cursed with this album? I can have them order me a new copy but I'm scared it will end up having issues as well.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 2:55 PM, ClassicGMR said:

This what you're seeing?

Nope... this was a 2024 pressing I think. Volume was fine... my problem was a split second audio dropout about halfway through Heaven Can Wait. I ended up returning it. I'd take lower volume over this any day though.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 9:40 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I've never had any issues with colored vinyl that I can remember.  If there's an issue,  I would think it would be more of a manufacturing defect type deal,  which seems to be the case for those Iron Maiden records,...Sorry that's plaguing you, BTW.  And No you're not cursed.  All coincidence I'm sure.  Keep trying I guess.  Honestly,  I can't imagine they're all bad!

• Like 1

Since only vendor at SEGE has any Atari Home Computer carts  this year pickings we're slim BUT I managed to pick up these 2 variants for the collection 

Typo Attack is a 3rd variant known for the title. This one has a 1984 Atari Corp date with a Made in Taiwan sticker added on after the fact.   This differs from the 2nd variant where both the date  company and made location appear on a secondary label.

Facemaker is a new shell and label variant. This one has a 4 ribbed grip that to date I haven't seen on any other Spinnaker  cartridge.  The Label has the part ID in a higher location compared to the company logo. I have another title like this so this company seemed to have done this with 2 different styles of label. 

Both were relatively cheap  but neat variants for the collection 

IMG_20240707_225421_705.jpg

20240707_224104.jpg

20240707_224113.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily "Today" but I'm finally putting up everything in this thread that I wanted here...

Bought a JAGUAR (and more) from @Paul Westphal  Thanks Paul!

JAGUAR.thumb.jpg.950608ee2f42841502a20bf7f2bec2c5.jpg

Plus I bought some homebrews from the Immortal John Hancock...Thanks @swlovinist!!

And Extra Extra Extra Special Thanks to Joe Atari,  err sorry Thanks to @Neon Wraith!!!  for giving me JAGUAR CONTROLLERS!!!  Like a mad man!!   (Not Worthy,  Not Worthy!)  Can't thank you enough man!

20240807_233033.thumb.jpg.7241486400dfcd383f6ecf470a54b6c0.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2024 at 12:25 AM, thanatos said:

I rarely buy anything anymore.  However today went to a newish toy/game store and spotted Atari Age magazines. So I bought #1 since this store is in a bad place and probably won't survive.

20240803_231003.thumb.jpg.119b8b9776162f979e0b20e4d2223739.jpg

That's a really cool retro gaming collectable to own. Also very nice of you to help out the old Mom & Pop operation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Not necessarily "Today" but I'm finally putting up everything in this thread that I wanted here...

Plus I bought some homebrews from the Immortal John Hancock...Thanks @swlovinist!!

And Extra Extra Extra Special Thanks to Joe Atari,  err sorry Thanks to @Neon Wraith!!!  for giving me JAGUAR CONTROLLERS!!!  Like a mad man!!   (Not Worthy,  Not Worthy!)  Can't thank you enough man!

You have a cool couch

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bent_pin said:

You have a cool couch

THX!  @bent_pin!  A man of taste and prominence right here in our midst;  Please ignore all posts previous calling my couch a hand me down.  It actually was "like new",   and recently purchased,  when a friend of mine moved and gave me the couch.  (We had just moved in and it fit)...

• Like 1

I bought this shirt from the band As December Falls website because it shows the band members' faces on a Game Boy. I just had to have it because it mixes 2 of my favorite things, rock music and video games together. Their singer and their bass/rhythm guitarist both stream games on Twitch sometimes. I bought a second shirt for my gamer wife who likes the band too. She actually has more of their shirts than I do plus their baseball cap even though I'm the one with their entry level Patreon membership.

adf game boy shirt.jpg

Edited by TheGameCollector
  • Like 2

I bought a Asrock Challenger 7900GRE and a Be Quiet! 750watt power supply with that Jag Dough 😃

I have since acquired two C64's for free and purchased a Ray Carlsen power supply and a Kung Fu Flash for one of them.

450634008_10211449106859593_4009834783735183627_n.jpg

ps.jpg

Edited by Paul Westphal
  • Like 1

On 8/10/2024 at 12:58 AM, GoldLeader said:

My baby went to a good home!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...