IGNORED

"Recalcitrant" DCM

Larry

I have a couple of DCM files that appear to be non-standard. They both fail decompression when I try to convert them back to disks or ATR's. They are both around 60 - 70 KB.

Any thoughts about what might be amiss or a possible line of attack? Were the earlier versions of Disk Communicator compatible with 3.2 (which is the "standard" DCM, I believe.

What is on the DCM's is not so important -- now it is about the challenge of solving this puzzle!

-Larry

Some of the Megazine DCMs have some difficulty converting to atr. Have you tried the conversion Option of AtariWin800 Plus 4.1 also an older DCM2ATR programs only work with Window XP 32bit and earlier .... Also try mounting the DCM as drive one with ALTIRRA [EMU] and saving as ATR.

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 1

Thanks, but Altirra works. It mounts them without complaining, and as Roy suggested, I could SAVE the disks as ATR images. The DCM images are now gone! I should have remembered about emulators being (generally) less picky about images.

Thanks, Roy!

-Larry