IGNORED

Gorf, Mad Bodies, Blackout, Downfall+, Double Feature on eBay

scobb

Nah, :( their limited releases but you can order the; Double Feature one from :

http://mdgames.de/jaguar_doublefeature.htm

The bottom two on the order list are sold out so order directly from the author:

Matthias Dominorder_matthias.gif  Germany

oh and you can download the Downfall original game from: reboot.atari.org

Edited by ovalbugmann
  • Like 1

those prices are preposterous. but I suppose it's the only way to get originals of those games which makes it really hard for people who want to collect.

if i were someone just coming into the scene it'd make me second-guess whether or not i want to collect tho.

despite the stock market having risen at a similarly absurd rate over the last several years, I think Jaguar games have outdone it :lol:

Blackout Jag cartridge: $511.01

LOL - we should start selling totally blank carts! If people will pay this for a no-game, they'd probably pay for a no-data too.

We could call it RSOD - Red Screen of Death.

The object is to not get a red screen. Instant hit, and far more replay value than Blackout ;)

Edited by CyranoJ
  • Like 5

Oh my gwad! Jag freakdom! Finishing ebay auctions today:

Madbodies: $455.00 + $12.65 shipping - and that game sucks.

Why all the hate on this game? To each their own but i (and a lot of mates i've played with) like it. The only thing that shits me is the lack of difficulty level selection (unless there is but i just never realized :P ). AND WHY THE THIRD $#^&*%@ ASTEROID/BALL?! :mad:

The only other game on that #Jaglotto list i have is Gorf CD (L.E. 25/50) but see a strange anomaly with its auctions over the past few years: the standard Blue case release generally fetches more than the L.E. White case release (with LE poster). HUH!? :?

As for the other two carts that went at that price: no words...

I wonder which of these were purchased by collectors for their collections, or by speculators thinking the Jag prices will continue to rise forever? The Downfall+ cart would've been neat to have, but not at that price and also considering you can play basically the same thing for free. Wow. I wonder what an Impulse X cart will be going for in 2 years.

• Like 1

Keep in mind, I set low starting prices for all games. Plus didn't want to sell any of them, it took a long time to build this collection and I've had a Jag since mid 90s. Just needed the $s. I am surprised they went so high, but I guess that's what the market will bear...I was looking at a Korean 3DO game the other day...it went for almost $3K!

• Like 2

Keep in mind, I set low starting prices for all games. Plus didn't want to sell any of them, it took a long time to build this collection and I've had a Jag since mid 90s. Just needed the $s. I am surprised they went so high, but I guess that's what the market will bear...I was looking at a Korean 3DO game the other day...it went for almost $3K!

I don't think anybody's blaming you :P Just don't think many people expected pretty much any limited print jaguar release to start fetching $400+

& yeah those korean 3DO games are selling for insane prices these days! I saw a few when I started getting into older systems but they're pretty much garbage in terms of gameplay imo so I passed. They went for like $60 and were relisted several times before they sold back then! Same with those M2 Kiosk units, used to sell for $40 and then people found out they can play a few tech demos and all the sudden they're being listed for $3K + . Never got any of that stuff because imo the majority of the 3DO library is pretty bland so I never had the intention of getting all the games for it.

Edited by Willard

I wonder which of these were purchased by collectors for their collections, or by speculators thinking the Jag prices will continue to rise forever? The Downfall+ cart would've been neat to have, but not at that price and also considering you can play basically the same thing for free. Wow. I wonder what an Impulse X cart will be going for in 2 years.

Yep. At that price (Downfall+) i'd rather get more Battlesphere's to network! Still spewing i sold all my BS Classics 7 years ago (and counting :( ). Speaking of Impulse X, i just ordered the cart and CD from Nick. Can't wait to try it! Especially as its mouse and rotary compatible!! :lust: Been out of the JagLynx loop for a couple of years, but as i understand it, you CAN'T create (or create AND save) new levels on the cartridge version of Impusle X, is this right?

Nah, :( their limited releases but you can order the; Double Feature one from :

http://mdgames.de/jaguar_doublefeature.htm

The bottom two on the order list are sold out so order directly from the author:

Matthias Dominorder_matthias.gif  Germany

oh and you can download the Downfall original game from: reboot.atari.org

Okay, so I have Double Feature coming from 16/32, but am a little confused as to which ones can be ordered from Matthias since it only lists Double Feature on the web site.

I have been out of the Jag for awhile (I bought mine brand new from Don Thomas on release date two weeks after release date for $225), but got back in when I realized there had been so much new activity and I am trying to catch back up.

(I should mention it was *not* Don's fault that Atari took all of the inventory he had set aside for the pre-order folks and sent them to retailers).

Edited by MacRorie

The most ironic post on the Jag forum ever :)

:lol: Well, the 3DO did have a lot more games than the Jaguar! I can see people taking the bad with the good when the Jaguar library on a little over 60 games, but with the 3DO the ratio is too high @ over 300 games when (IMO) they both have about the same number of ones that are good enough to buy the system for. I also think the Jaguar's games (even what are considered the worst on the system) are interesting to a degree, some of the 3DO titles don't qualify as games and many others probably shouldn't :P

Edited by Willard

:lol: Well, the 3DO did have a lot more games than the Jaguar! I can see people taking the bad with the good when the Jaguar library on a little over 60 games, but with the 3DO the ratio is too high @ over 300 games when (IMO) they both have about the same number of ones that are good enough to buy the system for. I also think the Jaguar's games (even what are considered the worst on the system) are interesting to a degree, some of the 3DO titles don't qualify as games and many others probably shouldn't :P

I have a shelf with *most* of the PAL releases for 3DO sat in close proximity of my Jag collection.

I love my Jaguar, especially for the quality titles like Zero 5, AvP, Doom, W3D, IS1 & IS2, T2K, PDR, SBO etc... plus titles less favoured like HoverStrike, IWar and Cybermorph.

But my 3DO has a better overall selection of quality titles: NFS, RR, KTime, POed, SSF2T, SShodown, Shockwave series, Starblade, StarFighter, StarControl 2, Space Hulk etc... plus much more.

By comparison, the list of decent quality Jag games - whilst solid, is somewhat lesser imo.

I have a shelf with *most* of the PAL releases for 3DO sat in close proximity of my Jag collection.

I love my Jaguar, especially for the quality titles like Zero 5, AvP, Doom, W3D, IS1 & IS2, T2K, PDR, SBO etc... plus titles less favoured like HoverStrike, IWar and Cybermorph.

But my 3DO has a better overall selection of quality titles: NFS, RR, KTime, POed, SSF2T, SShodown, Shockwave series, Starblade, StarFighter, StarControl 2, Space Hulk etc... plus much more.

By comparison, the list of decent quality Jag games - whilst solid, is somewhat lesser imo.

I get you, and understand there are people who may feel that way. Personally I'm not a big fan of many of the games you mentioned (space hulk, starfighter, the first shockwave + expansion, PO'd, I like the direction of Killing Time, Captain Quazar, Blade Force but feel the execution fell a little short - still very cool games for fans of system though as they show you what the 3DO was technically capable of, Starblade was great in the arcade but I don't think that experience translated to the home very well) .etc.

Among my choice 3DO games are ones that I've read many people dislike (such as Phoenix 3, Mega Race, and Iron Angel 2... even played Mazer quite a bit).

I think one of my problems with the 3DO is many of the best games have been ported off to better systems (so why not just get those on the PSX / Saturn + a lot more). Another issue is (if you read the specific wording of my previous post), the number of games "worth buying the system for," or the ones that are worth going back to today, are about the same imo. That doesn't mean that the 3DO doesn't have more "good" games or games that were better at the time imo, just ones that are worth spending the time on now with so many systems and so many games available to us today.

Edited by Willard

Hello!

...Speaking of Impulse X, i just ordered the cart and CD from Nick. Can't wait to try it! Especially as its mouse and rotary compatible!! :lust: Been out of the JagLynx loop for a couple of years, but as i understand it, you CAN'T create (or create AND save) new levels on the cartridge version of Impusle X, is this right?

Thanks for your purchases, Serblander :)

The cartridge version of Impulse X supports saving of the new selfcreated levels to the serial Eeprom, but due to the space limitations of this chip the number of levels that can be stored there depends on the complexity of their design. Using few bricks per level and only few colours you can save all 40 playfields, but expect that with average designs like seen in the standard level set you can usually save about 8-12 playfields/levels.

@all:

My Jaguar games

Double Feature #1 (Jaguar-CD game) can currently (February 11, 2015) be purchased from Nick Harlow (16/32 Systems) (UK).

Impulse X (Jaguar-CD) can currently be purchased from Console5.com (USA).

Impulse X (Jaguar-Cartridge) can currently be purchased from Nick Harlow (16/32 Systems) (UK)

or from me (Germany).

Kind regards

Matthias

• Like 2

Thanks for your purchases, Serblander :)

The cartridge version of Impulse X supports saving of the new selfcreated levels to the serial Eeprom, but due to the space limitations of this chip the number of levels that can be stored there depends on the complexity of their design. Using few bricks per level and only few colours you can save all 40 playfields, but expect that with average designs like seen in the standard level set you can usually save about 8-12 playfields/levels.

My pleasure Matthias! Happy to support it in any way i can :)

Thank you for elaborating, that is great to know. I will be showcasing the game at this years EB Games Expo and PAX Aus - hence i wanted one that i can create my own levels ;)