IGNORED

Collecting, loving it!

Marcks73

It's hard to make suggestions because you stated very clearly that you collect cart-only. Most CV homebrews come with box and manual...

It's different for homebrew. I collect cart only, but for some Pixelboy games? Gimme that cardboard!

I recommend for starters Gulkave, Ninja Princess, Module Man, and Moon Patrol (though I have since decided that it isn't that big of an upgrade from the 2600 version, which is really, really well done; if you do not already have Moon Patrol 2600, then nab it for the Coleco. I somehow am sticking with both!).

It's hard to make suggestions because you stated very clearly that you collect cart-only. Most CV homebrews come with box and manual...

Can never say never! I was not really aware of the homebrew community, now i'm really liking it alot! Will search for homebrews pretty soon!!!

Looked up a few on YouTube...

Am now addicted to Joust, Goonies and Twin Bee! Will have to find these titles soon! And of course getting them CIB will be really cool!

It's pretty incredible to see how much the ColecoVision scene is still alive and well, never thought that possible before joining Atariage. It's like going through the excitement once again with this console I love!!!

Long live ColecoVision! And long live the people who help create new adventures for us all, like TeamPixelboy! Thank you!

Am now addicted to Joust, Goonies and Twin Bee! Will have to find these titles soon! And of course getting them CIB will be really cool!

Just for your information, TwinBee is available right now, but requires the Super Game Module. For Goonies and all other SGM games, I'm waiting for Opcode Games to ship the second run of SGMs before making more copies.

Wow this new ColecoVision collecting hobby is growing fast! Nearly tripled my collection in a week. Will get to own all of the games pretty soon. Obviously all I have is loose carts, but it sure is fun!

Then.... CIB maybe..... my wallet better stay calm! :)

Hehe, I started almost the same way, I wanted to stay in loose cartridges, but one day I got a chance to get 63 CIB and I stepped in...

Almost pretty obviously I've ended paying lots of money to complete my collection, so far I'm at 111 of 137.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212533-nanochess-colecovision-collection/ :grin: proudly :grin:

• 1 month later...

Yyyeeessss!!!! Finally got my hands on Tutankham today!!!

In fact, today I got 3 Parker Bros games; Tutankham, James Bond 007 and Frogger II Threedeeep.

All in very good condition!!!

Now up to 75 ColecoVision games! All in around 2-3 months!

• Like 1

Finally played my first game of Frenzy and 2010. Both awesome, in fact, they might enter my top 10 pretty soon.

Frenzy is really good and challenging. Was surprised that you had hold fire before targetting, nice touch.

2010 is really great. The first few minutes I was clueless on what to do. When I got the hang of it it was pretty fun. Then when I passed all the little 'puzzles' I realized some had to be redone. And then, I saw my ship skimming what seems like lava. No clue what to do, pressed all keypad buttons until a blue screen came on... my guess is I paused. Then I pressed '0' and I think that made my ship hover back upwards. Then a little tune came on and it was over I guess. Will play this one alot more.

Great fun!!!!!!

Cheers!

• Like 1

I see you mentioned that you purchased some reproduction cartridge labels.

I have a few carts that need new labels. Do you know the website of the place that sells them?

Sure do: Atariage.com

Yes, right here the magic maker resides.... In fact not really but search here for PBoland, he's a well known member here, he's the one who reproduces these magnificient labels. Look him up!

He reproduces practically all the classic labels, some Atarisoft, some Parker Bros and a few fantasy and homebrews if i'm not mistaking. I bought around 30-40 labels I think, awesome stuff!!!!!

Oh and he reproduces overlays too!!!!!

Everything is 2$ each except labels that need 2 pieces or something. He can even reproduce customs for a price.

Really great guy to deal with, professionnal, quick, incredible labels and really low pricing if you ask me, well worth it!

Edited by Marcks73
  • Like 1

Hurray!!! I got Brain Strainers!!! Don't see this One around too often around here!

Getting 2 mystery carts too, one frome the unreadable label seems like Oil's Well from the remnants of the outlines I can see, the other is unlabeled. 3$ for both, good stuff if it is Oil's Well, the other is like a bonus.

Got 2 more games today;

Blockade Runner and Star Trek

I finally found the object of the game for Blockade Runner, had no clue what was going on at all at first, thank you interwebs..!!!!

Well well well, this collecting is sure going along sweetly!