IGNORED

World tour racing Jaguar CD

Atlantis

Probably best if you don't drink 'n' drive tbh...

To drink and drive WTR is very safe, unless you are oversensitive. It's how the Jag bar does, and if it works for them...

It's more of the turn off not having hte patience for turning on the jag cd and get the game going, that's the problem here. More coffee maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like they still have it:

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=5435

...with Atari Karts TBA! :lol:

I tried to order a bunch of stuff from them about six months back. Everything I tried to order was apparently permanently out of stock, despite them letting the orders go through. It seems what's online has no relation to what they have in stock. Very professional of them.

Hm... I looked through the list and saw Worms!!! wow i thought i hate that game, but if i got this chance to buy it and change my mind (played it till death back then, got sick of it) why not...

now, I understand that's not there... he he.

Worms, still new FAT CHANCCCCE

Worms on the Jaguar is siiiiiiiick. Highly recommend you find yourself a copy; its amazing that they even ported it to the Jag. The only downside is the lack of save. If you can't find it, the Saturn version is great.

I tried to order a bunch of stuff from them about six months back. Everything I tried to order was apparently permanently out of stock, despite them letting the orders go through. It seems what's online has no relation to what they have in stock. Very professional of them.

I sent them an email last week asking about availability of a few items. Never heard back. I assume the online store can safely be considered defunct.

I thought I'd heard that Telegames had outsourced or sold Jag publishing rights or something had happened a while back (since the Telegames titles got new smaller manuals and full color labels instead of the red text on black like originally) to some individual who seems to release the titles about once or twice a year (presumably when enough orders come in for a production run) and then Telegames and other Jag dealers get the titles in and have them for a few weeks until they sell out again, then the cycle starts over. I just keep watching for announcements from Songbird or other U.S. dealers that they have them back in stock.

Though I can't say what's up with Telegames not responding to inquiries or if they are out of it for good if that means no more periodic releases to the dealers. I guess it depends if they are ordering direct from the individual running the Jag game show now, or if they too, still get them through Telegames.

In any case I'd wait a few months to see what happens before paying way too much on eBay or elsewhere for a "rare gem" for a couple hundred $ or more, they sell for about $100,00-$120.00 from the U.S. dealers when they get them in stock.

If they are no longer in publication by anyone, maybe we'll get lucky and Songbird can get the publishing rights and have a steady stream of high-quality releases like Songbirds own titles. Or some other Jaguar/vintage console, lost/home-brew software publisher.

Edited by Gunstar

Here's my Gamefaqs review of WTR: http://www.gamefaqs.com/jaguarcd/916026-world-tour-racing/reviews/review-148992

In summary, it's a good game- but not great.

That was a fair review I think.

When it comes to the graphics department, all the different venues look very similar and this lack of variety is not what you might expect from a cd-based game. The trees along the roadside are sprite clones of each other. Another disappointment is that the programmers thought we needed an option to have roadway texture mapping, but it's a blotchy affair (fortunately you can turn that off using a button on the phone dial pad).

Well the copy and paste is behaving weird but just wanted to state that should read programmer, singular not plural. Only one guy, Lee Briggs did the programming. :)

• 3 weeks later...

WTR is out of stock at Songbird now. Was that the last, now dry, source of getting this new? (Exempt for rare NIB occasions at ebay.)

Glad I got it when I did.

I just got another shipment from Telegames in, including 3 copies of World Tour Racing CD. That's all I was able to get for WTR. Check out the Songbird store for this and other Telegames and Songbird releases!

• Like 1

I just got another shipment from Telegames in, including 3 copies of World Tour Racing CD. That's all I was able to get for WTR. Check out the Songbird store for this and other Telegames and Songbird releases!

Just bought a copy of WTR. Now, the only games I'm missing is Lights Out, BattleSphere, and Gorf!

...and I have no intentions of paying $300+ for BattleSphere.

• Like 1

Looking forward to hear from your 2-player experience with this game.

Got the chance to play 2-player a while back, and with the "8" numpad button pressed with ground texture off it is a good game.

The low frame rate still mess up the feel for speed and the turns come at you very sudden. At the end, when the lap is over, the camera turns around the car and it is easy to count FPS. We counted to 5 or 6 frames/sec. That is low, but still a fun racing game when you get used to it.

Next to Super burnout: my two favs racers on the system (but I haven't played all racers, so what do I know [CF, AK, CD, PDR]).

Cool 3D game, great Jag CD game. I recommend it, only two copies left at songbird...

Edited by Atlantis

While there is slowdown in 1-player mode, it is something that I can get used to and enjoy the game :)

But the 2-player is no fun for me, it's very choppy and not very playable imo.

To someone who enjoys the Jag, and owns a Jagcd player, I would recommend WTR.

Yay! Got my WTR... noticed it was in a smaller shorter (cartridge) box, I guess that's how Telegames does it now.

Lets see!

When I bought WTR BITD, came in a regular cartridge style box with an oversized piece of folded cardboard inside, I guess so the plain jewel case wouldn't rattle around (no inserts). Naturally, this resulted in a creased outer box. :mad:

Years later, I bought another WTR game and the box was creased exactly as I had seen before. Is your box creased or has someone learned along the way, not to include a piece of cardboard larger than the damn box permits? haha

At this point, I'm a little surprised they don't just offer the thing up in a DVD box already.

Lets see!

When I bought WTR BITD, came in a regular cartridge style box with an oversized piece of folded cardboard inside, I guess so the plain jewel case wouldn't rattle around (no inserts). Naturally, this resulted in a creased outer box. :mad:

Years later, I bought another WTR game and the box was creased exactly as I had seen before. Is your box creased or has someone learned along the way, not to include a piece of cardboard larger than the damn box permits? haha

At this point, I'm a little surprised they don't just offer the thing up in a DVD box already.

Haha, it's not creased, but it could easily be. The box inside is clearly larger, but if given time, it would definitely end up that way.

Haha, it's not creased, but it could easily be. The box inside is clearly larger, but if given time, it would definitely end up that way.

Almost the same old shit then! lol Probably worse production quality to the box then as all their latest offerings are compared to the real U.S.A. Telegames's Texan stuff was back then.

WTR and IS2 CD both always came with the smaller cartridge boxes, whether from Telegames U.S. (with sticker that read 'CD') or the current incarnation in the U.K.

The originals from the U.S. had the jewel case with no cover in the box with a styrofoam sheet instead of cardboard to keep the CD from rattling.

The originals came with a full size manual, that had no cover. The newer version have a smaller manual, but it does have a cover. The original releases had CD labels that were black with clear and red text with no artwork (except for a limited IS2 release with full-color, yellow paper, ink-jet printed label and the disc itself is a gold CD-R. I have this version).

I have the original versions of these games, but I have newer U.K. version of Towers II, and I used to own the original version of Towers II and I find the newer release to be better quality.

Edited by Gunstar

Telegames packing is the 8th wonder of the world. I bought my WTR maybe a year or two ago, came in the normal cart sized box with the little CD sticker on front. I've got an older Iron Soldier 2 that is packed the same way as described with a jewel case inside and cardboard. This one was after the CDR release and prior to the new DVD style release.

• Like 1

When WTR was in KB Toys or EB Games it was in the regular sized box with a "CD" sticker on it. I remember picking it up thinking I was about to buy an awesome new Jag game before realizing it was a CD game. When I bought it a few years later the box looked the same.