IGNORED

Extended Basic 2.7. She never CALLs!

PeBo

Yes. Gazoo felt it was an incompatibility problem with the myarc. I tried it with a ti 32k with no issues. I use the myarc RAM disk so much that I don't care.

I have come to the same conclusion. I actually just finished a new topic on the topic. The Myarc 512k is very handy but also a bit of a pain in the butt.

Interestingly enough, I've had no trouble using the MDM V in the cartridge when using it with the Myarc MPES-50. That one only has 32K memory in it, so it may be that the compatibility issues were introduced only by the larger capacity Myarc cards. I may have one of their cards around here somewhere that was designed as a 32K/128K card and see if it has the same issues as the ones that will go to 256K/512K. Has anyone experienced issues with one of the Foundation 128K cards (or a 512K modified Foundation card)? Those were electrically similar to the larger Myarc cards. . .if no one has tested one yet, I will pull one of mine out and test that configuration too.

attachicon.gif060315XB27.dsk

To use the XB v2.7 Suite upgrade disk image:
Make a real 40 track DSSD floppy disk from the 051315XB27.dsk image provided and put it
in the DSK1 drive

So it won't work mounted into a CF volume??

I currently have no easy way to get files from my PC to the TI except through the nanoPEB, which of course cannot be used simultaneously with the PEB. An HxC (or - far cheaper - a null modem cable) is a coming purchase, but right now I'm stuck using one or the other.

So it won't work mounted into a CF volume??

I currently have no easy way to get files from my PC to the TI except through the nanoPEB, which of course cannot be used simultaneously with the PEB. An HxC (or - far cheaper - a null modem cable) is a coming purchase, but right now I'm stuck using one or the other.

Maybe, I don't have one of those devices to test it with.

Gazoo

Interestingly enough, I've had no trouble using the MDM V in the cartridge when using it with the Myarc MPES-50. That one only has 32K memory in it, so it may be that the compatibility issues were introduced only by the larger capacity Myarc cards. I may have one of their cards around here somewhere that was designed as a 32K/128K card and see if it has the same issues as the ones that will go to 256K/512K. Has anyone experienced issues with one of the Foundation 128K cards (or a 512K modified Foundation card)? Those were electrically similar to the larger Myarc cards. . .if no one has tested one yet, I will pull one of mine out and test that configuration too.

As I recall, when MDM5 loads it scans for the HFDC, a floppy controller, and the Myarc RAMdisk. It also does some magic to determine if a RAMdisk is present or initialized.

Version 1.50 contains some Geneve detection and related code. Maybe it is interfering with the 128k/512k cards. Also, MDM5 expects an HFDC present, so I have to assume based on yours and CS1s comments, that some of the detection process has been altered.

A thorough test would be to set up a system with an HFDC and 128/512k card installed. If MDM5 fails from the cart, try loading MDM5 v1.50 or MDM5 v1.29 from disk. (1.29 is a very stable version when used with the TI).

As I recall, when MDM5 loads it scans for the HFDC, a floppy controller, and the Myarc RAMdisk. It also does some magic to determine if a RAMdisk is present or initialized.

Version 1.50 contains some Geneve detection and related code. Maybe it is interfering with the 128k/512k cards. Also, MDM5 expects an HFDC present, so I have to assume based on yours and CS1s comments, that some of the detection process has been altered.

A thorough test would be to set up a system with an HFDC and 128/512k card installed. If MDM5 fails from the cart, try loading MDM5 v1.50 or MDM5 v1.29 from disk. (1.29 is a very stable version when used with the TI).

The only check that I know of that MDM5 does regarding hard drives is for 'WDS' in the DSR. It works ok with a SCSI card and a floppy controller, as that is the way my main TI is configured (Myarc FDC 80 track). In fact, it is my disk manager of choice on that system. I had managed to copy my MFM hard drive to a SCSI drive before it died, and still use everything originally configured for WDS access on the SCSI card & drive and it works just fine, the transition was virtually seamless.

Gazoo

I have just performed the 80 track upgrade, and it appears to have completed. However, pressing FCTN 6 to load the verification program doesn't do anything. FCTN 7 does display the credit screen though and DEC2HEX also now works.

I did find an Easter Egg. I won't say what as I don't want to spoil it, but there is a wall and amazing sound effects!

My ("buggy") module upgrades okay, everything works okay, but still the GROM verifier shows that it is comprimised (red screen)

* CALL functions work okay (after plug in / out the module)

* F6 has blue borders, but still shows May 13th. (not June 3rd)

(This one I never got it to work somehow)

* Selecting Z = TIBASIC

the old DSK1.BASICLOAD

RUN (green screen)

hangs the system, it does not load the program

The red-screen issue (GROM verifier) has been found, because of the chip issue

(see http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229718-extended-basic-v27-suite-cartridge/)

Do your FCTN and 6 keys both work?

What's the date on the credits screen? If it's May 13th, then the F6 verification program is there. Maybe your upgrade didn't take.

Gazoo

The keys do work. Credit screen shows April 16th 2015.

I'll run it again.

The keys do work. Credit screen shows April 16th 2015.

I'll run it again.

This time the date is May 13th and FTCN 6 now runs. However, it says Cartridge Grom is compromised on the red screen. I'll try again.

This time the date is May 13th and FTCN 6 now runs. However, it says Cartridge Grom is compromised on the red screen. I'll try again.

I have the same, but the module all works correct? (like in XB27 try CALL NYANYA or if you have a nanoPEB CALL MOUNT(1,1)

DEC2HEX also works.

The issue I found it today is the chip (if I can figure out how to put pictures in AtariAge, I can show it):

Here are the type of chips I have in the XB27 cartridge: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229718-extended-basic-v27-suite-cartridge

I have the same, but the module all works correct? (like in XB27 try CALL NYANYA or if you have a nanoPEB CALL MOUNT(1,1)

DEC2HEX also works.

The issue I found it today is the chip (if I can figure out how to put pictures in AtariAge, I can show it):

Here are the type of chips I have in the XB27 cartridge: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/229718-extended-basic-v27-suite-cartridge

Yes it works as you say.

me too, on my stock 4/a with nanopeb it says everything works but it says it's compromised

If you plug the same cart into a stock TI system, does it validate ok?

It looks like there is something weird with one lot of the Atmel1284 Chips--they work, but don't verify the same.

I don't think it's the chips, might be the 32k that's attached.

Gazoo