IGNORED

Intellivision 'Dual Action' Controller...

nurmix

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a little free time this week to get busy on these. Sorry for the washed out picture, but here are the first two I'm working on. In the picture you can see the de-soldered matrix connectors, boards and cables, the upper / cut 'keypad only' matrices, and the Dremeled controller housings. I should be completing these first two this weekend. I'm hand numbering the matrices as I go - more for my own record than anything else.

works_in_progress_01r.png

• Like 2

Finally got a little free time this week to get busy on these. Sorry for the washed out picture, but here are the first two I'm working on. In the picture you can see the de-soldered matrix connectors, boards and cables, the upper / cut 'keypad only' matrices, and the Dremeled controller housings. I should be completing these first two this weekend. I'm hand numbering the matrices as I go - more for my own record than anything else.

works_in_progress_01r.png

Too bad we never got a run of extra controllers so that we could buy them from ATGames...maybe Keith should kickstart that then we'd have lots of cheaper fodder for this...

PS

You have a PM that you should catch up on that you haven't read in a couple of weeks since your name was spelled wrong ;-)

Too bad we never got a run of extra controllers so that we could buy them from ATGames...maybe Keith should kickstart that then we'd have lots of cheaper fodder for this...

PS

You have a PM that you should catch up on that you haven't read in a couple of weeks since your name was spelled wrong ;-)

Yeah, I wish there was another way to source controllers.

Didn't see a PM from you..?

EDIT: Never mind. I gotcha.

Edited by nurmix

The first two Dual Action Controllers shipped today! One is going to Belgium, one to Australia (to active Inty forum members, of course).

I'm making them in the order received and/or the order I receive the donor controllers. I will be contacting those who have expressed an interest soon, regarding payment and sending the donor controllers.

Two people have already sent their controllers to me, those will be next in line (along with another one for a Canadian guy we all know and love).

• Like 1

Hello there, I only want to let you know that I have received and tested my copy of the Dual Action controller and suffice to say I am extremely happy with the final product. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have decided to start a new topic with some of my first impressions and gameplay ideas (with a couple of high scores thrown into the mix ;-)) to avoid hi-jacking this thread. The topic can be found here.

I think that Dual Control may be a good idea for original and fun gameplay in future games. I thank Nurmix and all the people that had the vision to make the Dual Controller dream a fun to play reality.

Cheers!

post-34781-0-88670200-1447592260_thumb.jpeg

post-34781-0-77551100-1447592274_thumb.jpeg

post-34781-0-78326600-1447592394_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Oscar G.
  • Like 1

Hello there, I only want to let you know that I have received and tested my copy of the Dual Action controller and suffice to say I am extremely happy with the final product. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I have decided to start a new topic with some of my first impressions and gameplay ideas (with a couple of high scores thrown into the mix ;-)) to avoid hi-jacking this thread. The topic can be found here.

I think that Dual Control may be a good idea for original and fun gameplay in future games. I thank Nurmix and all the people that had the vision to make the Dual Controller dream a fun to play reality.

Cheers!

attachicon.gifDSC02759.jpeg

attachicon.gifDSC02763.jpeg

attachicon.gifDSC02799.jpeg

Thanks, Oscar. That didn't take as long as I thought it would to get to Belgium.

Glad you're enjoying it. I'll check out your other thread.

Me neither. It's been 18 months and I'm hesitant to cancel my Paypal order because then I'll never get mine.

Miscommunication on my part. I forgot to mention that you actually have to tell me you WANT one, send me donor controllers and pay in order to receive a Dual Action Controller.

Mind reading and an infinite supply of free donor controllers are not things that I possess.

Edited by nurmix