IGNORED

Letting Go...

But ya... I'll kick my shoes off and hopefully stay awhile. I've always enjoyed finding gaming/computers/electronic stuff at the Thrift Store. After I posted I started getting wires together to hook up my Atari 7800 to an LCD TV. Dang power supply was humming so loud I thought it was going to electrocute me. Emulation is much less of a hassle.

Indeed it is.. Hopefully more people will see that.

It is but there is some charm in original hardware like an old car

But I use emulation a ton its the special occasions infire up the retro machines

Especially now with a baby on board its hard to justify spending a quarter night K st getting something working

• Like 3

Ive downsized to an av modded 7800 and a vectrex. I tried emulation for the vectrex and its not the same. When I saw the new Super twin 78 controller I knew it was time to enjoy some robotron 2084 twin stick action. I emulate everything else through a pc hooked up to my 60" plasma. I really enjoy not having to keep track of all my old snes, sega, and nes carts/hardware. I am thinking of getting an old nes again to hook up to my crt just for duck hunt.

I need to buy a new harmony cart, but Im waiting for the concerto cartridge to come out. I still consider that emulation for the most part.

Edited by adamchevy

I also want to add that's it's been one hella great run, building up a digital & emulation collection. I had high hopes it would become the easily manageable all-in-one machine I envisioned as a kid. A kid simply wanting to combine and consolidate all the videogames into one console. And after some 25 years it exceeded all the goals set for it. One small box containing all the classics. Beautifully archived and preserved for all future time.

The bulk of the repository is complete. And I'm putting it into maintenance mode. Standby mode, rather. A quiet time is approaching and I don't expect any major new categories to be opened. Consider it a closing of the door but still leaving the light on.

The twilight hours are upon us. Fast approaching is the time when arbitrary game X is played it will be the last.