1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I mean that you can also send email message to the Analogue they will reply to you. Like I did. So you dont have to spekulate anything

They say that if peoples are interesting about the Premium edition of Super NT. They will make it much later. So all you are interesting. All you have to do is to send messages to the Analogue.

Show us the source code of the email message they sent you, with full headers. Then we might believe you...

How hard would it be to create an adapter that lets you plug Nintendo's new SNES classic controllers into an original SNES / Super Nt ?

The controllers are really nice, and feel indistinguishable from OG controllers with the exception that they're brand new. I've now got two of them, and when Feb rolls around it would be nice to put them to good use!

Probably not hard at all. The source code for interfacing with the wii extension controller's is available, and people have been making the SNES controllers work with everything since the 90's.

• Like 2

Question about the ColecoVision Core on the NT Mini. (I hate to keep bother Kevin!)

I know I need the Bios file: ColBios.Bin

The bios file that I have is ColecoVision Bios (1982).col

Do I just need to rename that file and file extension? Or do I need to keep hunting for a different file?

Some dude named Wolf (hear he dates a super model) did a rom pack that includes all the bios with a dude named smokemonster. If you google "Smokemonster rom pack" that should take you where you need to go. You do need to make an account to download it but the only info they require is a username, pass, and valid email. Just download it, put it on a fat32 formatted sd card and you are all set with everything you could possibly want.

• Like 1

Some dude named Wolf (hear he dates a super model) did a rom pack that includes all the bios with a dude named smokemonster. If you google "Smokemonster rom pack" that should take you where you need to go. You do need to make an account to download it but the only info they require is a username, pass, and valid email. Just download it, put it on a fat32 formatted sd card and you are all set with everything you could possibly want.

Thanks! I thought the Smokemonster rom pack was only for NES. I didn't realize it included ColecoVision. Thanks!

• Like 1

I just wanted to post about an update to a great NES hack that is now fully functional on the NT Mini. It is the Super Mario All-Stars hack by Infidelity. You need to apply the "crt" or cartridge .ips patch to Super Mario Bros. 3 (U) (PRG1) [!].nes. The hack now contains Super Mario Bros (US), Super Mario Bros 2 (Jap) Super Mario Bros 2 (US), and Super Mario Bros 3. The game save function works now. The patch can be found at romhacking dot net. Check out the readme file for more info. Now if they could just get Zelda The Legend of Link to save on the NT Mini.....

• Like 1

SuperNT

1. 48kHz audio? Didn't the Super Famicom and SNES output 32kHz?

2. No digital optical or coax out? Going to be tough feeding a DAC that doesnt support HDMI. Guess this is meant for AV receivers.

3. I wonder if there is enough processing power for the xBRZ filter?

1. It is upsampled from 32KHz. But it is digital now so the quality is still greatly improved.

2. Does your tv not have spdif out? Still a simple fix: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017B6WFP8

Ok. Well, My NT Mini is ordered. My SD card is formatted and ready to go thanks to the helpful members on this forum.

I'm extremely excited to get the ColecoVision core up and running., as well as the eventual Intellivision core I'm hopeful that the DB9 controller adapter will eventually see the light of day. I would love to be able to use my ColecoVision controller. But for now I am just pumped and couldn't be happier.

Many thanks to Kevtris, Analogue, Wolf_, and Smoke Monster (as well as many others I'm sure) for helping bring this into being.

Ok. Well, My NT Mini is ordered. My SD card is formatted and ready to go thanks to the helpful members on this forum.

I'm extremely excited to get the ColecoVision core up and running., as well as the eventual Intellivision core I'm hopeful that the DB9 controller adapter will eventually see the light of day. I would love to be able to use my ColecoVision controller. But for now I am just pumped and couldn't be happier.

Many thanks to Kevtris, Analogue, Wolf_, and Smoke Monster (as well as many others I'm sure) for helping bring this into being.

I wish there was a way to get that Colecovision Super Adapter working or have a paid BIOS for it/along with a cart adapter. There are so many games I want to buy and play (Bosconian being one from this site) that there's no way to play on the NT-Mini. I don't feel like modding my Colecovision as the NT-mini already does the RGB job.

Question about the Jailbreak firmware:

When extracting onto the formatted SD Card, is it ok to have a folder as the root directory? With the extracted folders within that?

N to the O. I believe they have to be present on the root as extracted. Not in a subfolder.

Edited by NE146

When extracting onto the formatted SD Card, is it ok to have a folder as the root directory? With the extracted folders within that?

You need to expand the contents onto the SD card as is (ie have the "SYSTEM", "PALETTE", "BIOS", etc folders in the root directory of the SD card).

Root directory is not in a folder. You extract the zip contents directly to root of a freshly formatted SD card, then add folders for games. The filename of the zip is not a folder on the SD card. If the zip contains any files and folders within it, they gets copied to the sd card.

For best results, do not place hundreds or thousands of ROMs in the root directory. I typically split rom sets up into subfolders by system, then by alphabet.

Honestly if you snag the Smokemonster Analogue NT pack, they did all the heavy lifting already with everything including roms, system files, ec. sorted out for you (in all sorts of cool ways). Simply unzip and shove on an SD card and bammo. I prefer them now over simply copying over my own complete sets.

• Like 2

Honestly if you snag the Smokemonster Analogue NT pack, they did all the heavy lifting already with everything including roms, system files, ec. sorted out for you (in all sorts of cool ways). Simply unzip and shove on an SD card and bammo. I prefer them now over simply copying over my own complete sets.

Thank you. I appreciate it. That's exactly what I did. The way "unarchiver" is setup on my Mac is sort of a pain. It wasn't allowing me to unzip to a separate location. So I put the SmokeMonster NT pack onto the sd card and then unzipped. It created a folder (I can't remember the name) and within that folder was all of the contents that I needed. That was what prompted me to ask the question. After your reply, I redid it so that the contents of the zipped Smokemonster pack went directly onto the SD and are no longer nested in a folder.

I appreciate the help. Should be all set now. Thanks!

• Like 1

I think it's too early to predict what the Super NT is ultimately capable of, but it would likely fall short of what the Z3K is ultimately what Kevtris wants to make at some point. But since the SNES was expandable via the cartridge slot in the first place, it's possible to do some firmware voodoo and plug in a cartridge that switches the internal FPGA into a frame-doubler/scaler and uses the cartridge FPGA to replicate something else. Like you could do "Super Gameboy" type of cartridges with smaller FPGA's.

I suppose the Z3K would be a board capable of running Neo Geo carts? Who knows, maybe it will eventually go there.

Other than that I like the idea of using this as an upscaler but remains to be seen if you could boot a different core with a different cart (would be super neat though). In a jailbroken firmware it's definitely possible, though.

Edited by Newsdee

It's $189 but that price doesn't include a controller. I guess they figured not everyone wants to buy a controller.

My bank also rejected my order but immediately sent me a text asking me if I had ordered it. When I responded with "YES" I was able to resubmit the charge.

Now I understand why my bank rejected the initial transaction since I was hit with a $6.63 foreign transaction fee. Apparently Analogue uses an international payment gateway. Add that to their already high shipping costs.