1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Thanks...yeah I have a CRT and everdrive and the built in sd card load via jailbroken firmware., so I can take the everdrive out of the equation too...dont have another Nintendo I can test currently. The nt mini has been my goto...I dont even think the game is registering any input from the gun (ie no flash).

Real curious if anyone can successfully run and play this game on NT Mini. Thanks

I'm assuming he's using analog out to a CRT or something.. He already said it works fine on regular duck hunt and other light gun games. :P

I'd say.. you have an Everdrive already, so plug it into a regular NES and check there. I'd try it myself but I'm too lazy. :lol:

Don't need to when I got the original cart:

https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=96

I did get a sweeeet custom translucent red VS Pinball repro, made by a friend on NintendoAge. ROM came from the same guy who did the other VS hacks. Did I mention it's sweeeet! :lust:

8C1E0868-EE4E-D951-F7EFC1391CDDDDAF.png

Don't need to when I got the original cart:

https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=96

uhh. I was talking about him (funkwad) man.. not you. He's the one with the problem and asking the question.. :P That said it's moot anyway since he already stated he doesn't have an NES around to try.. only an NT Mini.

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

Yeah not working with my NT Mini either. My regular NES is at a friends house, so I won't be able to get it until tomorrow.

Ahh snap...thanks for checking - huh, I was talking to the developer of the original patch - I wonder if there is anything I can pass along for why it may be failing. I believe NT Mini firmware dev is no longer active (or on hold)

Hey all - long time, I need to catch up on this thread ;-)

Had a question about Nt Mini - playing Vs. Duck Hunt , the patched arcade rom that allows you to play it on NES systems (Similar to what was being sold here: https://www.retrousb.com/product_info.php?cPath=29&products_id=96)

I'm just trying rom images at this point, both on Everdrive and the NT Mini SD card -

I can't get the gun to register at all and get stuck at "shoot to select 1 or 2 player" -

Has anyone or could anyone try running this? My NT Mini plays regular duck hunt and other gun games fine. I'm trying to rule out if its a NT Mini issue.

Any info appreciated - thanks!!

I believe I had the same issue; I remember it working on my Everdrive with my original NES and Hi-Def modded NES (each connected via composite to a CRT TV). I was never able to get it to work on the NT Mini with either the Everdrive or from the SD slot via JB firmware. I can try again and report back.

Can someone explain the technical reason why the patched version of Duck Hunt VS (v2.1 by Morgan Johansson) works on a real NES (albeit with a Hi-Def kit also installed) via an Everdrive N8, but does not with the NT Mini? In both cases, they are connected to a CRT via analog connections.

I reported this issue awhile back.

Light guns are not compatible with modern flat panel / HDMI displays. You must use a CRT with standard definition (composite, rf, etc...) analog input.

Well, that used to be the case, but now with these IPS patches there is a possibility that you can successfully play Zapper™ compatible light gun games on your modern HD displays.

DUCK HUNT LCDMOD Video

WILD GUNMAN LCDMOD Video

There's even an HDTV IPS patch for VS Duck Hunt.

Duck%20Hunt%20VS%202.png

• Like 2

Well, that used to be the case, but now with these IPS patches there is a possibility that you can successfully play Zapper™ compatible light gun games on your modern HD displays.

DUCK HUNT LCDMOD Video

WILD GUNMAN LCDMOD Video

There's even an HDTV IPS patch for VS Duck Hunt.

Duck%20Hunt%20VS%202.png

That's awesome; I gotta try this. I have a Camerica Video Blaster; will that work on my TCL HDTV? I heard these hacks had issues with the 15khz filter on the official zappers.

4453e979607068abb6505b84c5af4a72.jpg

current bid, 447, is cheaper than the original system. No telling the fjnal price though... :ponder:

I almost offered him $500 just to have it for someone else to get at a decent price. I'm guessing the bidding goes over $700. The or best offer has been taken off though.

Edited by F34R
  • Like 1

@kevtris: I know you are busy with the Mega SG implementation, but... would it be hard to get these "onboard" for the SuperNT?

These sources for DSP, GSU-1 (SuperFX), SDD-1...are freely available, just pick and build:

https://github.com/mrehkopf/sd2snes/tree/develop/verilog

Recently free and open SNES implementation sources that you may know by now is already implementing these chips:

https://github.com/srg320/FpgaSnes/tree/master/FPGA/chip

So, please, don't leave us SuperNT users without the features we are seeing on free/open implementations :)

Have you looked at Nt Mini prices recently? Ignoring a low priced buy it now they've all gone for close to $2k.

Sure, but if the option is there the worst thing that can happen is you get a "no". Sometimes, you get a "yes". Most of the stuff I buy on ebay is for a substantial amount less than the going rate.