IGNORED

ColecoVision with HDMI MOD installed pics

juice2839

Absolutely. He is basically breaking our contract. And I asked him not to offer this privately as soon as I heard of it and he wouldn't respect my request.

I talked to and offered yurkie exclusive to this and he declined wanting anything to do with it. His crying is coming from a person that cannot design a way out of a paper bag. I take offesne that I was called shady, but I know Atari Brian is his brother in law so I'll not make a big deal out of it. I will post the contract I made with Yurkie if anyone cares to see it. I have not broken it in anyway., I feel bad that he has to go to this extreme to try to hurt my reputation.

Juice is lying, and it was dirty to try to add on to something I had an exclusive on.

I gave him the idea for doing the INTV RGB mod for him to make extra money and this is how I was treated.

Here is the IM conversation in its entirety for all to see........ so you know I am not lying about anything.

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:31 PM

I would appreciate if you would not prosue this. The ColecoVision is a great source of money for me and has been for 5 years. If you start doing this it will really hurt me.

ColecoVision Hardware Mods http://atariage.com/...-new-power-mod/

NES mods with the NESRGB and N64 RGB mods http://atariage.com/...gb-distributor/

juice2839

Chopper Commander

• photo-40829.jpg?_r=1418956641
  • rank_joysticks_3.gif
  • 167 posts
  • HDMI Mod for Colecovisions -PM to Order One-

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:41 PM

Yurkie, on 18 Sept 2015 - 2:31 PM, said:

I would appreciate if you would not prosue this. The ColecoVision is a great source of money for me and has been for 5 years. If you start doing this it will really hurt me.

Hey Todd,

I don't want to hurt you Todd. Honestly I am looking for a new market and some new projects. The Inty RGB is dried up. That and some other projects have got me through the summer after getting laid off. I'd be happy to do some projects with you. I just need to get some other markets and income going and the HDMI Coleco I think would be fairly easy to get going and well received. IT's a bigger market then the Inty. The TI and Trs-80 crowds are really small.

Fred

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• av-23318.jpg?_r=0
  • rank_joysticks_7.gif
  • 3,728 posts
  • Offering mods for ColecoVision and NESRGB

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:47 PM

You would kill me. I gave you a bunch of money for the RGB mod last year and have made very little profit from that mod. There are many other systems 5200 and 7800 have shit composite and s-video mods and there is no one doing anything for them.

The Sega Genesis is hugely popular and an HDMI mod for it would make you a killing. If you where to make a Genesis DIY kit you could sell probably sell thousands of them.

NES mods with the NESRGB and N64 RGB mods http://atariage.com/...gb-distributor/

juice2839

Chopper Commander

• rank_joysticks_3.gif
  • 167 posts

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:07 PM

Yurkie, on 18 Sept 2015 - 2:47 PM, said:

You would kill me. I gave you a bunch of money for the RGB mod last year and have made very little profit from that mod. There are many other systems 5200 and 7800 have shit composite and s-video mods and there is no one doing anything for them.

The Sega Genesis is hugely popular and an HDMI mod for it would make you a killing. If you where to make a Genesis DIY kit you could sell probably sell thousands of them.

I already spent a ton of money on the 2600 RGB that I halted because someone else was bringing it out. The 2600, 5200 and 7800 are similar enough that the 2600 mod could probably be reworked to make it work in time for Christmas by the guy that did the 2600 so I am not going to do that.The Sega Genesis could probably be good. The problem is I don't have the money for R & D. I have most of the stuff for the Coleco already and actually a Prototype. I was really only going to do a few to fund some other projects. I wasn't going into the Coleco business. I've actually had this working for some time, but didn't say anything for the fact that I would want to at least wait a year before something newer came out then the RGB. You still have the 2600. I'd do it for the inty and may still ,but the problem with that is the market is so small that everyone already has the RGB mod and a scaler. Like I said I'd be happy to do some stuff with you. This just makes business sense. Everyone likes the next years model... I need something for the Inty too.

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• av-23318.jpg?_r=0
  • rank_joysticks_7.gif
  • 3,728 posts

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:41 PM

One uping me on my bread and butter system is a dickhead thing to do. I am wishing I would have never mentioned modding game consoles to you.

I even asked about HDMI when I was over there since the cheap scaler was so inexpensive and you said it was not something you where interested in.

juice2839

Chopper Commander

• rank_joysticks_3.gif
  • 167 posts

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:53 PM

Yurkie, on 18 Sept 2015 - 3:41 PM, said:

One uping me on my bread and butter system is a dickhead thing to do. I am wishing I would have never mentioned modding game consoles to you.

I even asked about HDMI when I was over there since the cheap scaler was so inexpensive and you said it was not something you where interested in.

If you never mentioned it then you would never have the RGB mod. You need to branch out and have a few eggs in a few baskets. I would love to do some projects with you. I don't want to steal your bread and butter. I'm sure if I would have said hey I am doing this Atari RGB you'd have jumped on board with me LOL. I just really have nothing else right this second to make money with. It's unfortunate. If I made some or did some it would only be a few. Just to get through a couple months. It's been a rough summer. I have 10 Inty RGB mods I have been sitting on for months.. I didn't want to blow them out just in case I could milk a few around Christmas..It's nothing personal Todd really I would love to find a partner that was motivated to do some projects and expand. I just right this second am broke and have the stuff on hand to do some of these. I wanted to do the controllers with you, but you didn't want any of that.

juice2839

Chopper Commander

• rank_joysticks_3.gif
  • 167 posts

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:54 PM

juice2839, on 18 Sept 2015 - 3:53 PM, said:

Yurkie, on 18 Sept 2015 - 3:41 PM, said:

If you never mentioned it then you would never have the RGB mod. You need to branch out and have a few eggs in a few baskets. I would love to do some projects with you. I don't want to steal your bread and butter. I'm sure if I would have said hey I am doing this Atari RGB you'd have jumped on board with me LOL. I just really have nothing else right this second to make money with. It's unfortunate. If I made some or did some it would only be a few. Just to get through a couple months. It's been a rough summer. I have 10 Inty RGB mods I have been sitting on for months.. I didn't want to blow them out just in case I could milk a few around Christmas..It's nothing personal Todd really I would love to find a partner that was motivated to do some projects and expand. I just right this second am broke and have the stuff on hand to do some of these. I wanted to do the controllers with you, but you didn't want any of that.

Lets come up with something we can both make money and no one gets stepped on.

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• av-23318.jpg?_r=0
  • rank_joysticks_7.gif
  • 3,728 posts

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:23 PM

I thought I had made it clear at the beginning the the ColecoVision was my thing. I don't give a shit what anyone does with any other system.

If the cv hdmi is rock solid and doesn't streach to 16:9 (keeps it's 4:3 aspect ratio) and you gave me exclusive install rights for a percentage of the profit I could do 50 by Christmas.

juice2839

Chopper Commander

• rank_joysticks_3.gif
  • 167 posts

Sent Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:50 PM

Yeah, saying the Coleco is yours is all cool and stuff, but I am sure if someone proclaimed all other consoles as theres people would disagree and think they were a bit off LOL . At any rate the RGB mod is yours 100% I signed a contract to not do that. The hdmi mod looks exactly like it does coming out of the hmdi to hdmi converter because it's basically the same thing. This mod would be extremely involved. I'm not seeing a clear advantage to giving you exclusive rights to do it? Let me know what you are thinking. Not that I want to sell 50 by Christmas though. Maybe a few. I think I have enough for 9-10 mods at the most. I guess you have a business decision to make. I am offering you the chance to get involved and expand or get sucked up by the next years progress. 5 years is a long run.

I don't have a dog in this fight but all I'll say is this. I've been around here for 8 months or so and I hear Yurkie come up all the time from other members and always in a positive light. I'd be more than happy to send him money to modify my system. I don't know who this Juice guy is...

I don't have a dog in this fight but all I'll say is this. I've been around here for 8 months or so and I hear Yurkie come up all the time from other members and always in a positive light. I'd be more than happy to send him money to modify my system. I don't know who this Juice guy is...

I'm the guy that designed the RGB mod Yurkie sells.. LOL. If you hang out on the Intellivsion forum you'll see a lot more of me.

Juice2839 is definately the designer of the Colecovision and Intellivision RGB mods. I bought an RGB Intellivision II from him and on my sony PVM it has arcade if not better video quality. It's right there with the NESRGB and 2600RGB mods. I am planning on posting pics if the video quality as soon as I have a good camera to take worthy pics.

I will post the contract I made with Yurkie if anyone cares to see it. I have not broken it in anyway., I feel bad that he has to go to this extreme to try to hurt my reputation.

I think you should go ahead and post that contract because as it sounds to me:

- you are modding a ColecoVision with the RGB Mod developed by Yurkie and yourself that you gave Yurkie exclusive rights to

- then you are further modding this RGB modded CV with an internal HDMI scaler and calling it a new HDMI mod

- if the HDMI scaler in internal (your so called HDMI Mod to get around the "contract" you have with Yurkie) or if the HDMI scaler is external (as Yurkie supplies it or can be bought separately by the purchaser of the RGB Mod) is irrelevant seeing as Yurkie owns the rights to the RBG Mod which you have to install first before adding in the internal HDMI scaler.

- you haven't refuted the fact that you have a contract with Yurkie concerning the RBG Mod and that he owns the sole rights to it for the ColecoVision.

I do agree with you concerning your right to make some money, but do it the right way and don't screw over a friend... who you happened to sign a contact with. A lot of people fall on tough times around here, but still know right from wrong and act appropriately.

If I got something wrong, then educate me, but from what has been posted so far, your argument doesn't hold water.

I'm the guy that designed the RGB mod Yurkie sells.. LOL. If you hang out on the Intellivsion forum you'll see a lot more of me.

Right. I get that. I read the story. My point was that Yurkie has a solid reputation, at least when it comes to ColecoVision from my perspective and seems to be the "go to" guy when it comes to mods. I don't know him personally any more than I know you, but based on what I know around these forums, he's who I would trust to mod my system. I don't know who you are. Until the HDMI thread, I've never heard of you. And don't take that as a negative, either. I'm just saying I know of Yurkie's reputation, I don't know of yours. Except now I know you're the guy who posted a private conversation with someone else to a public forum...

I think you should go ahead and post that contract because as it sounds to me:

- you are modding a ColecoVision with the RGB Mod developed by Yurkie and yourself that you gave Yurkie exclusive rights to

- then you are further modding this RGB modded CV with an internal HDMI scaler and calling it a new HDMI mod

- if the HDMI scaler in internal (your so called HDMI Mod to get around the "contract" you have with Yurkie) or if the HDMI scaler is external (as Yurkie supplies it or can be bought separately by the purchaser of the RGB Mod) is irrelevant seeing as Yurkie owns the rights to the RBG Mod which you have to install first before adding in the internal HDMI scaler.

- you haven't refuted the fact that you have a contract with Yurkie concerning the RBG Mod and that he owns the sole rights to it for the ColecoVision.

I do agree with you concerning your right to make some money, but do it the right way and don't screw over a friend... who you happened to sign a contact with. A lot of people fall on tough times around here, but still know right from wrong and act appropriately.

If I got something wrong, then educate me, but from what has been posted so far, your argument doesn't hold water.

Looking at the contract I cannot post it in its entirety as doing so will actually break the contract. The contract has part numbers and other info that was in the non disclosure clause. At any rate it states that he has the sole rights to RGB output Coleco's which I do not deny. He has no grounds crying about HDMI modded coleco's. Is some of the circuity similar? Possibly as there are only so many ways to do things. Am I going around anything? If you call Hdmi output going around RGB output then absolutely, but that's not breaking any contract So bottom line........

YURKIE IS LYING AND CRYING BECAUSE A NEW PRODUCT HAS ARRIVED FOR THE COLECOVISION.......

I never talked anything bad about Todd or his service, but if he continues to slander me that will only make my case better.

Sorry for the drama. I enjoy making upgrades for these old systems, but if it is going to cause this kind of grief I can see why no one that has the ability to do it does it for very long...

Edited by juice2839

Right. I get that. I read the story. My point was that Yurkie has a solid reputation, at least when it comes to ColecoVision from my perspective and seems to be the "go to" guy when it comes to mods. I don't know him personally any more than I know you, but based on what I know around these forums, he's who I would trust to mod my system. I don't know who you are. Until the HDMI thread, I've never heard of you. And don't take that as a negative, either. I'm just saying I know of Yurkie's reputation, I don't know of yours. Except now I know you're the guy who posted a private conversation with someone else to a public forum...

I never spoke bad of yurkie (Todd) or his services and I only posted a conversation when I was called a lair.. I think my posted conversation shows otherwise. It is sad that the handful of people that can actually design and build cool upgrades and mods have to get persecuted . I try my best not to hold grudges though.

Edited by juice2839

In the final paragraph of post #28 there is an admission of exactly what I said.

what is that? HDMI output can only look like HDMI output.. Not sure what you expected.. I guess in the HDMI signal there is some signals for red green and blue.. LOL

Edited by juice2839

Here is a copy past of the last paragraph of post #28 with quotes added.

"Yeah, saying the Coleco is yours is all cool and stuff, but I am sure if someone proclaimed all other consoles as theres people would disagree and think they were a bit off LOL . At any rate the RGB mod is yours 100% I signed a contract to not do that. The hdmi mod looks exactly like it does coming out of the hmdi to hdmi converter because it's basically the same thing. This mod would be extremely involved. I'm not seeing a clear advantage to giving you exclusive rights to do it? Let me know what you are thinking. Not that I want to sell 50 by Christmas though. Maybe a few. I think I have enough for 9-10 mods at the most. I guess you have a business decision to make. I am offering you the chance to get involved and expand or get sucked up by the next years progress. 5 years is a long run. "

Sentences 2 and 3 are you telling me that your screwing me over just like I said. And the next sentence you say you see no advantage offering me exclusive on HDMI. Which earlier in this post you claimed you did.

You have no integrity.

There is really nothing more that needs to be said.

Here is a copy past of the last paragraph of post #28 with quotes added.

"Yeah, saying the Coleco is yours is all cool and stuff, but I am sure if someone proclaimed all other consoles as theres people would disagree and think they were a bit off LOL . At any rate the RGB mod is yours 100% I signed a contract to not do that. The hdmi mod looks exactly like it does coming out of the hmdi to hdmi converter because it's basically the same thing. This mod would be extremely involved. I'm not seeing a clear advantage to giving you exclusive rights to do it? Let me know what you are thinking. Not that I want to sell 50 by Christmas though. Maybe a few. I think I have enough for 9-10 mods at the most. I guess you have a business decision to make. I am offering you the chance to get involved and expand or get sucked up by the next years progress. 5 years is a long run. "

Sentences 2 and 3 are you telling me that your screwing me over just like I said. And the next sentence you say you see no advantage offering me exclusive on HDMI. Which earlier in this post you claimed you did.

You have no integrity.

There is really nothing more that needs to be said.

You can take it as you like. You are just hurt that something better has come out. I get it, but saying I have no integrity and such is just childish. You can continue to sell outdated upgrades that's cool with me. I will continue to make upgrades, new features and cool stuff. The people that buy from you and say I did you wrong it's all good, but when they want something new I guess they will have to wait for you to come through.....yawn.. yawn... I am done wasting my time with you I am off to make some more amazing mods. By the way you never responded to that and just posted on the forums how you were butt hurt. Peace

Edited by juice2839

No dog in the fight here either but if either of you two guys were to do anything, please offer DIY kits for the RGB/HDMI mods, etc..

I can't remember how many time people asked about DIY. Myself and many others are DIY kind of people so that would move a lot more units, for sure.

Personally, I'm not sure which route I'll take with upgrading my CV's but I am definitely interested in having an HD Intellivision, whether its RGB or otherwise. ;-)

I support whoever helps to bring new life and improvements to our beloved consoles and I hope we can just all get along.. its supposed to be a fun hobby after all. Hopefully you guys can straighten out your differences.. Anyways, that's my 2 cents on it.

• Like 1

You can take it as you like. You are just hurt that something better has come out.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what your mod actually is. From what I gathered after NIAD's comments and some of the back-and-forth, are you just taking an off-the-shelf RGB>HDMI scaler, cracking open the box, and putting the contents inside the ColecoVision and calling it a "mod?" Because it sort of sounds like that's what you're doing.

And I'm kind of in agreement with what NIAD says - I don't think it matters if the scaler is outside of CV or inside, it's kind of the same thing. If what you're selling is what I described above, IMO, that's not really much of a mod, just a clever way of hiding another piece of hardware. And be honest, not like when you told me your mod gets rid of the sprite flicker, which I'm pretty sure is technically impossible. ;)

I'm just trying to wrap my head around what your mod actually is. From what I gathered after NIAD's comments and some of the back-and-forth, are you just taking an off-the-shelf RGB>HDMI scaler, cracking open the box, and putting the contents inside the ColecoVision and calling it a "mod?" Because it sort of sounds like that's what you're doing.

And I'm kind of in agreement with what NIAD says - I don't think it matters if the scaler is outside of CV or inside, it's kind of the same thing. If what you're selling is what I described above, IMO, that's not really much of a mod, just a clever way of hiding another piece of hardware. And be honest, not like when you told me your mod gets rid of the sprite flicker, which I'm pretty sure is technically impossible. ;)

I am tempted to show schematics so you can all be at ease.. I might just show how to do it. RY-BY right from the TMS IC to HDMI. TPR you strike me as the non technical type. Yurkie is a great guy please buy from him.

Edited by juice2839

So wait....

If youre first installing rgb to eventually have hdmi then aren't you

going against the contract you both have. Yurkie has exclusivity to rgb installs,yes?

Never less the less I hope you both can settle on a middle grounds.

You both offer a great service and keeping the peace and making money for offering such a great service is more than understandable. Hope you can work it out.

Edited by PhoenixMoonPatrol

What do you mean by "a form of"

There are great tutorials out on the web that describe the different video formats and standards. Please check them out and I'll be glad to get more technical, but basically the TMS in the coleco outputs component its just not to the levels of what a TV would expect to see. So you can't just put them straight into your TV.

Here is a fine thread from Yurkie asking for what I have done.....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/145766-hdmi-colecovision-mod/

Some of the other posters go into some good detail of different video standards and how to accomplish things. It's a good read, especially Yukie asking for HDMI output. What's truly sad is some of those actual knowledgeable people posting on that thread have seemed to left the forums.. I don't blame them.

Edited by juice2839

There are great tutorials out on the web that describe the different video formats and standards. Please check them out and I'll be glad to get more technical

So your solution to anyone who starts to question you is to go "You're not technical enough for you to even understand any of this...go read the internet and then come back and talk to me?"

Because I think we all get it. It really DOES sound like you're just installing Yurkie's RGB mod, and then on top of that cleverly hiding an off-the-shelf HDMI scaler inside the CV box and hardest part of what you would be doing is cutting a hole in the system for the HDMI connector to be set in place, right?

And this is probably why you wouldn't offer it as a DIY kit also? Because all you would be sending people is Yurkie's RGB mod and guts of an upscaler you could buy on eBay?

Again, feel free to tell me I'm not "technical enough to understand" but it sounds like I understand it. It's either that or you've done a horrible job of explaining it.

Yurkie is a great guy please buy from him.

He's got my business!

RY-BY right from the TMS IC to HDMI

The RY/BY signals he's talking about are the raw video signals emitted from the TMS9928 (actually three - R-Y, B-Y and Y) -- for the RGB mod, these signals are shifted into the RGB color space. If the HDMI converter he's using takes component video, you can actually feed that video straight in with nothing more than a video amp -- I've done it myself into a component->VGA converter (actually, depending on the converter, sometimes you don't even need an amp, but mine did ;) ).

• Like 1

Simple solution...

Work out a royalty payment with Yurkie for each HDMI modded CV you sell or mod for someone seeing as you must first install an RGB Mod before taking it to HDMI with the internal scaler.

OR

Buy back the rights from Yurkie for RGB Modded CVs.

• Like 1