IGNORED

Homebrew Questions and Sad Jaguar Story.

Atariboy2600

For some time I been a fan of anything Jaguar and games from day one I got the unit when it first sold in NY in 93 and for one major reason is on the back of the box and VG game ads that has Tiny Toon Adventures for the Jag unit but that game nere came out but only in BETA roms where I wanted to ask if they had anyone made the full game out for the unit and also ever made a cart for it? Plus I also missed out alot of news on anything Jag games from Homebrew and or Prototype games.

And now for reason why I had not came back on here as much when I came back online last year is that when I was moving my Jaguar system and all the games was stolen and now its the only Atari system I dont have next to the Lynx hand held witch I also dont have but I truly missed the Jag system and I have no clue where I can fine one durt cheap and any of the games I lost like Doom and Rayman. Also my Jag CD die long ago but that dont mater if I dont have the system. But yeah just wanted to give out this info on why Im not on this Jag forum as much for that Im still abit sad and upset that anyone would have taken my unit:P

How did it end up stolen? It seems unlikely burglars or common thieves would have done it. What burglar would look at the Jag and see money? If a burglar video game collector hit my game room they might know to take the Jaguar stuff as that's where the money is but 99% of the time I'm sure someone would grab up the Xbox One and head for the door.

It happen when me and my roommate moved to a trailer home in Utah and half our stuff was in a shade that use to be a chicken coop and its not only that unit but two of our TV set, and many old PC parts and other gaming systems. Then last year my roommate passed away and as I was packing I found out many of our stuff was gone but that time I found out it was too late to do anything about.

My wife's friend just got her TV stolen during the day! I wonder if it is connected to the growing problem with heroin addiction in my city. If I had an extra Jag I would hook ya up in a jiffy! People can certainly SUCK! I wonder who was snooping around a chicken coop looking for electronics!?! This reminds me of a friend I had who was pi$$ed about his Playstation 2 being stolen. I asked if he kept his door locked and he informed me that he kept it with a bunch of other stuff in the trashcan in his front yard!?! I can't imagine anyone looking for electronics in a trashcan, but I also think that if it's in someones trash it may be considered fair game. I would usually think that items on the side of the road or in dumpsters are more likely prizes for dumpster divers, but still, if it's in the trash, don't be surprised if a trash picker takes off with it. A chicken coop is a new one, though. I hate trespassers. Maybe they were hunting for food or something and thought they hit the jackpot! I would post up some sketches of a fox or possible a ferret (just kidding).

Sad indeed.

I heard of a guy who kept his jaguar CD unit in the freezer. Swore blind it made the laser work better with CD-Rs. Forgot to take his meds one morning and ended up stuffing it with garlic and herbs, roasting it for 4 hours at 220 degrees, middle shelf, turning occasionally until golden brown and tender on the inside.

True story.

• Like 8

I heard of a guy who kept his jaguar CD unit in the freezer. Swore blind it made the laser work better with CD-Rs. Forgot to take his meds one morning and ended up stuffing it with garlic and herbs, roasting it for 4 hours at 220 degrees, middle shelf, turning occasionally until golden brown and tender on the inside.

True story.

The fumes work in mysterious ways.

• Like 3

It happen when me and my roommate moved to a trailer home in Utah and half our stuff was in a shade that use to be a chicken coop and its not only that unit but two of our TV set, and many old PC parts and other gaming systems. Then last year my roommate passed away and as I was packing I found out many of our stuff was gone but that time I found out it was too late to do anything about.

I hate to say it, but an outdoor shed is not really a place where you want to store video games or electronics. I don't know where you live, but unless you're somewhere on the west coast... anything you put in an outdoor shed is going to get a lot of humidity. I live in South Florida... if I put a box of electronics out in the shed and came back a month later, it would have lizard eggs in every crevice, have mold or fungus growing on it, and would probably be totally destroyed.

• Like 4

I hate to say it, but an outdoor shed is not really a place where you want to store video games or electronics. I don't know where you live, but unless you're somewhere on the west coast... anything you put in an outdoor shed is going to get a lot of humidity. I live in South Florida... if I put a box of electronics out in the shed and came back a month later, it would have lizard eggs in every crevice, have mold or fungus growing on it, and would probably be totally destroyed.

Wait...some people are allowed to game outside the family shed? Thats not what momma told me back in 88'.

• Like 3