IGNORED

The Atari Xegs Cart by Cart Podcast.

David Alexander

On 6/27/2022 at 11:18 AM, RJ said:

Anyone home?

Sry. Didn't see you post until now. Yes, we are alive and have the next episode recorded and edited. Just need to put in the intro, outro, and a few sfx and I'll post the next episode, which I expect to be early next week (cuz, I have to get things ready for a 4th BBQ).
Thanks for the reminder that people are listening. ?

On 3/5/2022 at 11:02 PM, RJ said:

Arent these newer homebrews snapped up by collectors & fans anyway

I am not the authority to ask about this BUT I do think there are a group of people that do snap stuff up immediately. Of course, if something is popular, most people are willing to make more for monetary gains. ;-) Supply and demand.
I tend to support the hardware side of things more than the software but if something is very well done, I'm totally on board with buying a copy. TBH, a lot of what is produced today is of higher quality than what we got back in the day.

In guessing Crime Buster went largely unnoticed/unappreciated BITD & a homebrew 7800 release would give it another chance. Basically a simple port over from the XEGS version- they did it with Barnyard Blaster. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY got the next episode out!

In Episode 17, we take a double shot at some light gun games. First, we head out to the country to help Grampa rid his farm of all sorts of critters in Barnyard Blaster. Then we hit the big city to deal out some street justice in Crime Buster.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

Hopefully you didn't just download and delete it before listening. That would just be spiteful. ?

Not at all, just answered my own question and deleted the post.

Enjoyed this episode quite a bit, I'll have to set up one of my larger CRTs and revisit some light gun goodness!

• Haha 1

@adam242 Yes, I'd like to get my hands on a larger sized CRT one of these days but when I don't have to move it. Ideally, I'd have many systems hooked up to it that accepted light gun games, such as the NES and 7800. Heck, I'd love to play some arcade Operation Wolf and Lethal Enforcers.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 10/17/2022 at 9:54 AM, David Alexander said:

Michael and I are finishing up our next reviews of Eastern Front 1941 and Into the Eagles Nest. Not too late to submit any feedback that you have to be in the next show.

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'ATARI XE VIDEO GAME CARTRIDGE INTO THE EAGIESHEST M 'anraSe Software ALSO PLAYS ON ALL XE AND XL' COMPUTER SYSTEMS'

May be an image of text

Slight correction. We had some delays in scheduling a recording but we have a solid date of 11/20 so it's not too late to get in your opinion of these games or previous ones we've reviewed. We always love to hear from people and if they agree, or disagree, with our evaluation of these classics.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I see that editing took longer than I had expected. We had a bit of a recording mishap. First time for that but it's all better now.
In Episode 18, we take a trip back in time to World War II. First, we play as an allied commando dropping Into the Eagle's Nest to rescue our captured men, attempt to blow up the compound, and make our escape. Then we change sides and play as a German commander during operation Barbarossa as we attempt to strategically take Russia in Eastern Front 1941.

https://xegs8bit.com/episodes.htm

Episode18.gif

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

David and I will be recording our next episode (#19) tonight where we cover two sports games, One on One Basketball with Dr J and Larry Bird AND Hardball. If you'd like to have us share your memories of these games on the show, send em to feedback@xegs8bit.com.

Episode19Larger.gif

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

When you see May 6th in your teaser and you post the episode more than 2 months later. 😑 I have no to blame but myself...and nice weather...and yard work. In any case...
In Episode 19, we try out a few sport ball games. First, we have the opportunity to play One-on-One between the basketball legends Larry Bird and Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Next, we won't go soft on our review of the baseball game Hardball.

Edited by Justin Payne
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Justin Payne said:

When you see May 6th in your teaser and you post the episode more than 2 months later. 😑 I have no to blame but myself...and nice weather...and yard work. In any case...
In Episode 19, we try out a few sport ball games. First, we have the opportunity to play One-on-One between the basketball legends Larry Bird and Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Next, we won't go soft on our review of the baseball game Hardball.

Well, I seems to have somehow said, "Magic" Johnson instead of Dr. J so I'll need to do a quick fix to that. Sorry for the delay but thanks to that listener who caught my mistake.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In Episode 19, we try out a few sport ball games. First, we have the opportunity to play One-on-One Basketball between the legendary Dr. J and Larry Bird. Next, we won't go soft on our review of the baseball game Hardball.

Episode19Larger.gif

Edited by Justin Payne
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I finally released episode 20. We had a bit of a audio issue and I figured out a way to fix it. In any case, in this episode. we first jump forward to the year 3097 to compete in the fastest and most competitive game in the universe, Ballblazer. Then we jump back to the time when pinball was king to play a bit of David’s Midnight Magic.

Also, stick around to the end where we ask listeners to provide us with...stuff.

BallblazerPinbalBugl.gif

• Like 1

For those who have listened to our latest show, you might have heard that our next episode (#21) will review the last game released for the XEGS by Atari, that game being Desert Falcon. David and I figured this would be a good time to put a pin in the podcast. Going forward, I might consider doing an overview of some of the prototypes but I think this pretty much the end for this long journey.
We'd like to go out answering questions from listeners so if you've got any for us, you can post them in this thread or send them to us at Feedback@XEGS8bit.com.

Edited by Justin Payne
  • Like 1