IGNORED

Jag programing

OmegaPrime

I can code in "68000",can another programmer show me (objects)sprites and sample code in 68000.

Downfall source code: here

Project One source code: here

Beebris source code: here

RAPTOR API (with examples): here

Lots more Reboot source (And other peoples) around, but that's a start for you. I'd skip all the 'arguing with the hardware' crap most people go through and head straight for the API :D

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

Downfall source code: here

Project One source code: here

Beebris source code: here

RAPTOR API (with examples): here

Lots more Reboot source (And other peoples) around, but that's a start for you. I'd skip all the 'arguing with the hardware' crap most people go through and head straight for the API :D

Thanks so much for posting this. I just got a Skunkboard and have been wanting to start learning Jaguar development. This list is a great starting point.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to jump in at a higher level language, check out the RAPTOR Basic+ (rB+) forums here. You can do quite a lot using rB+ without resorting to assembler.

Hi ya Cj, really interested in starting to program for the Jag, what do I need to get to get started , ie do I need a bypass cart, skunk board. If so wheres the best place to get. I know Best Electronics do bypass cart. If so I am in process of ordering some new controllers off them so I could order bypass cart at same time save on postage. I keep reading your link on Raptor Basic, just getting my haed around it. Don't have much programming experience apart form a little 8 bit basic

• Like 1

If you want to start, all you need is rB+ and VirtualJaguar.

If you want to test on real h/w you will need ONE of the below:

• a JagCD (using JiFFI)
  • a BJL mod (or boot BJL from a ULS encrypted CD) & BJL cable
  • a Skunk
  • an Alpine board
  • a flash cart

Or you can post binaries here and someone can run them for you :)

• Like 4

If you want to start, all you need is rB+ and VirtualJaguar.

If you want to test on real h/w you will need ONE of the below:

• a JagCD (using JiFFI)
  • a BJL mod (or boot BJL from a ULS encrypted CD) & BJL cable
  • a Skunk
  • an Alpine board
  • a flash cart

Or you can post binaries here and someone can run them for you :)

CheeRs Mate. So I download VJ and RB+ from link. Then I can program on laptop. Write to cd via jiffi then try out on Jaguar. If I didn't go down cd root as that may cost a bit in CDRS as cant use CDRW I presume. Then Skunk would be the better option, though where to buy from. Whats the purpose of bypass cart.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

CheeRs Mate. So I download VJ and RB+ from link. Then I can program on laptop. Write to cd via jiffi then try out on Jaguar. If I didn't go down cd root as that may cost a bit in CDRS as cant use CDRW I presume. Then Skunk would be the better option, though where to buy from. Whats the purpose of bypass cart.

If you need a bypass cart, it is to read CDs that do not already have the encryption needed to run standalone on the Jaguar CD hardware. But, with a ULS encrypted CD, you do not need a bypass. Since CJ created the Jagtopia CD, he is definitely correct on that of course. Also, you are correct. CD-RWs do not work on Jaguar. Only CD-Rs do. :)

Edited by jericho_21