IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

its funny because we're finally getting to the point in this saga where the parodies are starting to outweigh the rants. humor is objective, i get that. its the little subtleties in that vid that get me. dropping the console at the end. stuff like that. the parody with the tablet and the tissuebox was also really funny to me because the guy nailed the mike kennedy verbiage and everything.

lets all sit back and enjoy what comes about of the next few days and do some listening instead of talking. lets listen to what these other guys have to say, because they wouldnt be saying it without our discussion. and lets not turn on one another over how we feel. after all, its about making sure people are informed. there will be a difference of opinion in anything. we've said and done a lot of good here. theres no reason anyone needs to be upset with whats happening here. again, remember, we've done a lot of good in the understanding we've all shared here.

• Like 7

For those that are listening to the podcast; I forgot to mention I sent an email to Mike saying we were out of the project, but if they self funded it we might consider it for next year; this is the Night of the Kickstarte delay day.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 5

These last few (dozen?) pages are exactly why I don't watch 99.9% of YouTube "channels" out there regarding video games. How many more videos are people going to make that basically just say what we've already uncovered in this thread? What's the point, other than to get "likes" or subscribers or whatever social media needs feed their egos. Whether it's rehashing readily known information, or just flat out mis-information, most YouTube retro videos are largely worthless. And that's not even getting into the people who sign up on forums to do nothing but post links to their videos and not contribute in any other way. Anyway, unless someone comes out with new information, I think this horse has been beaten lifeless a few dozen pages ago and we don't need additional drama of YouTubers calling out other YouTubers and other such immature nonsense.

Sums up what I was trying to say a few pages back. Too much of this thread has turned into self-promoters trying to grab their 15 minutes of fame by chumming up drama. Didn't I see someone post a link where they were just interviewing someone else from this thread? :roll: I'm in full agreement with CPUWIZ. Nothing positive is going to come out of this thread. Someone can post up a new one if any REAL new developments happen.

• Like 4

its funny because we're finally getting to the point in this saga where the parodies are starting to outweigh the rants. humor is objective, i get that. its the little subtleties in that vid that get me. dropping the console at the end. stuff like that. the parody with the tablet and the tissuebox was also really funny to me because the guy nailed the mike kennedy verbiage and everything.

lets all sit back and enjoy what comes about of the next few days and do some listening instead of talking. lets listen to what these other guys have to say, because they wouldnt be saying it without our discussion. and lets not turn on one another over how we feel. after all, its about making sure people are informed. there will be a difference of opinion in anything. we've said and done a lot of good here. theres no reason anyone needs to be upset with whats happening here. again, remember, we've done a lot of good in the understanding we've all shared here.

I agree with you. That parody video was funny, btw.

Read the previous thread. And the other 224 pages of this thread. And the million other pages on the internet regarding this.

I was being sarcastic, man. Unless I was not paying attention to any news concerning the console, I don't see why I would be serious. :lol:

• Like 1

Sums up what I was trying to say a few pages back. Too much of this thread has turned into self-promoters trying to grab their 15 minutes of fame by chumming up drama. Didn't I see someone post a link where they were just interviewing someone else from this thread? :roll: I'm in full agreement with CPUWIZ. Nothing positive is going to come out of this thread. Someone can post up a new one if any REAL new developments happen.

I respectfully disagree, the Sawyer interview shared, the Kickstarter guy's video shared, Piko interview shared, John Carlson interview shared, tons of truth coming to the surface from actual participants.

• Like 10

It's funny because . . .

The guy seems to be saying "Mike Kennedy is as bad as Hitler." No one should think that is funny. I could see somebody doing that to poke fun at all of the people who want to boil Mike Kennedy in oil, but the video doesn't seem to be making fun of the angry horde carrying torches and pitchforks.

• Like 2

I respectfully disagree, the Sawyer interview shared, the Kickstarter guy's video shared, Piko interview shared, John Carlson interview shared, tons of truth coming to the surface from actual participants.

Yes, nobody said there was anything wrong with any of those things.

• Like 3

Yes, nobody said there was anything wrong with any of those things.

Yeah. I'm not saying that everything posted in this thread is terrible. I'm just saying that the negativity, the cruel comments and parodies, and the D-list YouTube gamers posting links in here seem to outweigh the content that is actually constructive or interesting to those of us who aren't just basking in the glow of cheap internet drama. And if this thread is causing undue stress or is a pain-in-the-ass for Al/CPU/Tempest then I think that it doesn't need to continue. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 6

The guy seems to be saying "Mike Kennedy is as bad as Hitler." No one should think that is funny. I could see somebody doing that to poke fun at all of the people who want to boil Mike Kennedy in oil, but the video doesn't seem to be making fun of the angry horde carrying torches and pitchforks.

ehh, thats a stretch. theres a big difference between standing in front of a swaz and what you said. the tone of the vid is 'im mike kennedy, the sole proprietor of the coleco chameleon', right off the bat. its not what he said in that vid but what he didnt say. and its not the best, i agree. but to me, the whole ethos of these guys doing these parodies is pretty much putting more effort into the actual parody than mike put into the chameleon itself. either way, i wont post anything else youtube related in here unless i consider it very compelling, but i have no doubt that these youtube rants and parodies will continue to be made and theres no reason for any of us to get upset or angry or frustrated about a single one of em. they would get made regardless of who it is making em. ill still most likely watch em all regardless.

OK Peeps, check out our interview with Eli of Piko Interactive.

It's on iTunes etc at 64kbps and there is a higher 128kbps version on our shownotes page here:

http://www.retrogamingroundup.com/shownotes/2016/roundup099_2016.03.php

I do believe I said "or your money back."

Ain't nobody getting their money back...............

Very good, fills in quite a few gaps in the story. Thought it weird how Mike tries to pitch collectorvisíon against piko for the pack in game, I know that's the least of Mikes problems unless he was looking for a way out - he could then say, console was ready but we have no software? The whole thing is just weird anyway, nothing is surprising anymore!

• Like 1

ehh, thats a stretch. theres a big difference between standing in front of a swaz and what you said.

A guy with a Hitler-ish mustache is standing in front of a Nazi flag while claiming to be Mike Kennedy. How else is a person with more than half a brain supposed to take it?

• Like 9

I do think people need to relax some

Accusing Mike of unproven things such as using drug and even being a Nazi even in satire probably shouldn't be posted

Also the Gamester81 and Pat&Ian are obviously at this point Trolling us, with their fake fight