IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Yes, that investigative work is what prompted me to action and, "I'm not leaving this computer until I find that damn board". Fortunately it didn't really take that long, as it seems to be a reasonably common board. But without Kevtris thoughts and especially this post from Galax, it would have taken much longer.

..Al

Yep, there were a number of thoughts/ideas by a number of people, then Galax showed the chips and mentioned something like "DVR capture card". I searched for that, and found 1) a lot of blue boards, 2) boards with similar chips and layouts, 3) boards with the same IDC-type connector. I had searched a few days earlier, using terms such as "blue PCB" or "IDC floppy card" or "video card" or "audio card" and combinations, but those weren't specific enough, and/or were wrong.

I'm sure Albert found it a bit before I did. We posted the same minute, but my post took about 20 seconds to write, while Albert's is crafted better and likely took a bit longer to write.

It's a 64-bit server.

..Al

You know what else is 64 bit? ;)

• Like 8

Let's not make this a witchhunt. Neither Piko nor Gamester were ultimately responsible for any of the bullshit Mike spewed out. The main difference here is that Piko created a much better worded appology compared to Gamester. Mike has thrown countless colleagues and business partners under the bus. Sometimes you simply go noseblind to the BS when you're surrounded by it. Piko and Collectorvision both got burned by standing too close to the fire, but not consumed. Mike is like the damn burning bush, happily sitting there like all is well. You meet a woman, fall in love, jump in bed. Then her true colors come forth, you find out she's a meth whore, followed by the nasty break up. The important thing is to distance yourself from the situation. Take the Chameleon drug test. If it comes back negative, you're clean. Guess what? Piko and Gamester both passed. Innocent until proven guilty. Piko just had better defense statements.

Thanks Stardust :D

I tried to remain as neutral and professional as possible through out this thing. Although I made sure I had my alibis; I always shared all what was happening with Key people :D.

• Like 7

Oh crap! I hope I have better luck than Gamester81; RGR podcast is coming.

I think you'll be fine, lol. You've been dropping a trail of well intentioned and honest nuggets from the minute the toy fair ended. Just don't go off on a tangent about Isis and dead seal pups or whatever. :lolblue:

• Like 5

This idea was terrible from the beginning, by the way, even if it was perfectly executed.

By the way... next chapter of this soap opera... Pat's answer to Gamester81 video. I have been following his Twitter feed and in one of his latest messages he asks people if they know any software to download Facebook pm messages...

Curious to know if that has some connection with this saga...

• Like 2

As long as you don't start justifying the project because there are atrocious human rights violations happening around the world, I think you'll be fine.

• Like 6

IMO, You are doing just fine. Piko has clean hands, you clearly wanted to sell

carts and where good to go to sell them on MK's system. That is fine, you

have been as transparent as you felt you could be the whole time.

Gamester81 on the other hand was in bed with MK from day one and

has just recently started to halfheartedly start to wash off the dirt, I say

wash off the dirt as it's not even close to coming clean. He's still slinging

mud and covered in it himself for his involvement in the project that he's

trying to play down at all cost. It's not working and he's getting the flack

he signed up for. But hey, as long as ISIS is worse, he's the BEST! :roll:

• Like 5

I'm sure Albert found it a bit before I did. We posted the same minute, but my post took about 20 seconds to write, while Albert's is crafted better and likely took a bit longer to write.

I pulled some images into Photoshop and was examining the DVR board closely, comparing it to the "prototype" to make damn sure it was the same board. I then cropped the one image I posted in the thread. So that definitely slowed me down. You should have seen my face when I posted my message and then saw your post right above mine! :D

You know what else is 64 bit? ;)

I was waiting for someone to catch that. :)

..Al

• Like 9

edit: Deending These journalists that publish a press release without even doing a Google search? For real?

On top of that, he slams Pat for reacting directly to the FB announcments, and not reaching out for more info beyond those "press releases". (I'm paraphrasing, I know that's not word for word).

Which one is it Gamester81? Should you never ask questions of the press release source, or always ask questions of the press release?

• Like 5

When i heard about the RVGS/Coleco Chameleon on the CU Podcast, i didn't know how big this thing was, until Pat tweeted about the discovery of a freaking capture card inside of a Jaguar shell...

After reading all these posts, i just wanted to thank you guys for doing an impressive investigation on this "thing".

A lot of people could have lost money if it wasn't for you. Both AA and the CU Podcast did an excellent job, protecting the community against this scam.

What is sad is the fact that some uninformed people with good reach on youtube are creating a controversy, and all of a sudden, there's a lot of people on Twitter and Youtube accusing Pat and the folks here at AA to be on a witch hunt.

The real problem here is with MK, he should be the focus of the discussions.

Is it really just MK? What about those "tech" people he supposedly working on those FPGA cores. THey are far from innocent putting out these awful prototype lies.

• Like 1

As long as you don't start justifying the project because there are atrocious human rights violations happening around the world, I think you'll be fine.

There has to be a technical term for this type of defense, I just don't know what it is. Where you downplay one wrong by referencing a greater one? I wonder what Isis uses when they're caught. "well, ya know right now there's a supernova going off somewhere in the universe vaporizing planets and lifeforms. The resultant gamma ray burst is killing things for light years around. So, is our slaughter of infidels really that bad?"

• Like 3

There has to be a technical term for this type of defense, I just don't know what it is. Where you downplay one wrong by referencing a greater one? I wonder what Isis uses when they're caught. "well, ya know right now there's a supernova going off somewhere in the universe vaporizing planets and lifeforms. The resultant gamma ray burst is killing things for light years around. So, is our slaughter of infidels really that bad?"

Especially for a guy who makes a living selling/talking about video games while children are starving all over.

• Like 7

Yeah, let me summarize some issues around here.

While those foolish attempts at showing prototypes were deceitful, you didn't give Mike Kennedy money.

You did maybe prevent him from taking other's money, and that's good work.

People who've lost money are people who have invested privately in this the past years.

People who invested in Retro VGM who are 2 issues behind on their delivery.

People who have invested in GameGavel if they lose their jobs or money as his other businesses may decline from this bad press.

Aside from this, we have no real evidence or knowledge that any of the publishers were doing anything aside from trying to promote what they felt was a real product.

Why would they attempt to promote something they will never make a dime off of if it does not reach the market?

If you were trying to get people to look at a project which could make you money, you would make a video interview with the leader of that project.

Have you ever sent money to Piko or Collectorvision and not received your product or a refund?

If no, then frankly, you've got nothing other than Internet Butthurt and Internet Vigilantism in your blood/on your mind and should go spend a weekend away from this.

A few All Knowing people around here need to walk away. It may be time to lock the thread after all.

Because now is the time some people need to take stock and that involves them being told they aren't Christ Walking On Water Waving their hands over a keyboard saving people from the evil Mike K and all of his thousands of conspirators who didn't manage to do shit but lose money and almost defraud people..

There's maybe 7 conspirators, and they are all working at RetroVGS.

I personally wonder how many people on that About US page are even actually involved, all we ever see is MikeK.

• Like 2

So what happens when we hit 9,223,372,036,854,775,807 posts? A black hole opens? :P

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/9223372036854775807

Well, consider this. If Al lives for another 80 years and does nothing write one post every second for the rest of his life, he will only be able to make around 2,522,880,000 posts. I think the universe is safe. :D

• Like 4

Let's not make this a witchhunt. Neither Piko nor Gamester were ultimately responsible for any of the bullshit Mike spewed out. The main difference here is that Piko created a much better worded appology compared to Gamester. Mike has thrown countless colleagues and business partners under the bus. Sometimes you simply go noseblind to the BS when you're surrounded by it. Piko and Collectorvision both got burned by standing too close to the fire, but not consumed. Mike is like the damn burning bush, happily sitting there like all is well. You meet a woman, fall in love, jump in bed. Then her true colors come forth, you find out she's a meth whore, followed by the nasty break up. The important thing is to distance yourself from the situation. Take the Chameleon drug test. If it comes back negative, you're clean. Guess what? Piko and Gamester both passed. Innocent until proven guilty. Piko just had better defense statements.

No witch-hunt I just stated that when called out both (Piko and J-F) took what I consider a reasonable stance wrt to the whole situation.

I never said said they are responsible for Mike's action .... they likely got pulled in because of a couple of comments/remarks in which it appeared they were still going along with the flow after then Snes-In-a-Jag .... I'm pretty sure they were as in disbelief as anybody else here for the surreal situation .... imho Piko and J-F came thru fine, AND thankfully I didn't hear them invoking ISIS or starving kids, so they are testament to the fact that you can actually "appease the mob".

• Like 2

On top of that, he slams Pat for reacting directly to the FB announcments, and not reaching out for more info beyond those "press releases". (I'm paraphrasing, I know that's not word for word).

Which one is it Gamester81? Should you never ask questions of the press release source, or always ask questions of the press release?

It also makes no sense when he said pat should have reached out to get Mike's side. Like he was going to do anything other than deny the allegations.
  • Like 4