IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

The way out is to claim the DVR cap board was for show, and to cover up the real stuff underneath it. That it was used for photo opportunities. All they need to do is stick an R-Pi in there and say they're working on a custom OS and cart interface.

It's a proof of concept that a board similarly sized like the HiCap card can and does indeed fit in the case. That the molds work and the case does its job of containing everything securely. They can say they were testing air-flow for cooling too. Lots of things.

If Coleco says that's not up to snuff, then Mike and co. Can say they need more time and funds to up their game.

I remember when I built my emulation rig and did custom mods to it I made paper cutouts from McDonalds' French Fry containers. And I taped wires together. The LED power light kinda hung off the side. Only when everything was looking nice and working did I use silver solder and proper connections and custom brackets plated in silver and gold.

I ask once more, do we know when the 7 days deadline is supposed to end?

Coleco posted their announcement on the matter on their Facebook on March 2nd. If they broke the news to MK the same day that would mean the deadline ends on March 9th next week. They also mentioned that the time can be extended if situation warrants it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1696447897298841&id=1616402778636687

The way out is to claim the DVR cap board was for show, and to cover up the real stuff underneath it. That it was used for photo opportunities. All they need to do is stick an R-Pi in there and say they're working on a custom OS and cart interface.

It's a proof of concept that a board similarly sized like the HiCap card can and does indeed fit in the case. That the molds work and the case does its job of containing everything securely. They can say they were testing air-flow for cooling too. Lots of things.

If Coleco says that's not up to snuff, then Mike and co. Can say they need more time and funds to up their game.

I remember when I built my emulation rig and did custom mods to it I made paper cutouts from McDonalds' French Fry containers. And I taped wires together. The LED power light kinda hung off the side. Only when everything was looking nice and working did I use silver solder and proper connections and custom brackets plated in silver and gold.

Only valid thing that could make sense is that Mike wants Real Version of

• Like 2

Does your friendship with those people depend on where you stand, though? I'd hope it's based on something more -- in which case, hey, fearlessly form your own opinion and don't worry about it, just play games or whatever else you enjoy. :-D

[ I am just amused on the sideline. ]

Oh no nothing like that. I just hate when this kind of crap happens.

• Like 2

Coleco posted their announcement on the matter on their Facebook on March 2nd. If they broke the news to MK the same day that would mean the deadline ends on March 9th next week. They also mentioned that the time can be extended if situation warrants it.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1696447897298841&id=1616402778636687

In other words, they will tell you what they want to tell you whenever they feel like it, if they feel like it. It's so helpful!

• Like 4

I still can't believe some of you guys are still busting John's (Gamester81) balls.. People demanded an apology, he gave it. Case fucking closed already.

Yet, some folks still aren't happy/satisfied.. it's a no-win situation. He didn't really have to do anything, so why dwell on pointless assumptions?

This only guy that deserves all the flak at the moment is Mike. He's the one that's still in the wrong here.

I can't wait to see the results of the engineers' assessment.. I have the feeling the results aren't going to be good. Until then, I'll just sit back and watch..That's about all I have to say

• Like 9

I still can't believe some of you guys are still busting John's (Gamester81) balls.. People demanded an apology, he gave it. Case fucking closed already.

Yet, some folks still aren't happy/satisfied.. it's a no-win situation. He didn't really have to do anything, so why dwell on pointless assumptions?

This only guy that deserves all the flak at the moment is Mike. He's the one that's still in the wrong here.

I can't wait to see the results of the engineers' assessment.. I have the feeling the results aren't going to be good. Until then, I'll just sit back and watch..That's about all I have to say

Really? He called out Pat for no reason, and pulled the whole "I don't want to start a war" while doing just that, His whole video came off as super defensive and attacking people for pointing out lies told by liars which apparently no one should do because ISIS and starving kids.

• Like 14

In other words, they will tell you what they want to tell you whenever they feel like it, if they feel like it. It's so helpful!

Yup, same feelings I have after reading that post. Whatever. If his name is tied to any future projects I simply do the same thing. Not back it.

What he posted here originally was the closest thing to an apology. What he then posted to facebook was further from it and invalidated it.

Whatever that video was, it was not an apology and only sought to make matters worse.

So case fucking remaining open already if you don't mind.

• Like 11

Are you talking about a kickstarter for someone to write a book about this mess? What would the prototype be? A blank composition notebook in a War and Peace dust jacket? :-D

I laughed so hard at that (it's been a shitty week IRL) I'm holding you personally responsible for my next drycleaning bill.

Bravo, sir.

• Like 3

Really? He called out Pat for no reason, and pulled the whole "I don't want to start a war" while doing just that, His whole video came off as super defensive and attacking people for pointing out lies told by liars which apparently no one should do because ISIS and starving kids.

So what? He doesn't want to start a war. Nothing hard to understand about that. It's all the trolls that keep egging on, that keep people fired up and start the side taking.

What is the correct way to handle a situation like that? There really isn't one because it's still a no-win situation. Can't please everybody.

If I had a bunch of goofballs trolling on me, I would have been a little irritated too.

I don't know what ISIS and kids have to do with it either..lol. It's just silly really... but anyways, if people want to keep beating a dead horse, have at it. I could care less about any of it anymore...

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 3

What he posted here originally was the closest thing to an apology. What he then posted to facebook was further from it and invalidated it.

Whatever that video was, it was not an apology and only sought to make matters worse.

So case fucking remaining open already if you don't mind.

I really think that part of the problem is the YouTube medium. These chat heads just can't stop talking, and the more they say, the worse it gets.

On the page with his dumb rant, Gamester81 says this. He should have left it at that.

In this video I talk about my thoughts about the controversial Coleco Chameleon.

I'm very sorry to the Atari Age community. They're good guys, and I encourage you to check out the community on here: http://atariage.com

I guess that's why you don't see me doing YouTube rants, and why many of you seem to think I'm a young white woman with pink hair and a short skirt.

• Like 12

It also was shitty for him to imply that Pat was somehow hiding his past connection with Mike and Retro Magazine when Pat went into painstaking detail about it the first time they mentioned the Retro VGS on the CU Podcast. That's another thing that really rubbed me the wrong way. John's all pissed that his rep is being besmirched here yet he does the exact same thing to Pat.

• Like 7