IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

For the younger audience who don't know much about Dallas, here is a summary of that "dream season" which eventually became a nightmare for the show, finally turning it into a joke.

Spare them. They don't need to know or care, thankfully it's been done already and proved to be a terrible idea like drinking liquid soap from a Coke bottle thinking it is lemonade .... mom stop reusing plastic bottles around the house it's damn confusing .... and there's bubbles coming out from my mouth should we take a trip to the ER?

• Like 1

I see a little silhouetteo of a SNEZ

pull the pics! pull the page!

hide the super Nintendo!

Drunken commentary, isn't necessary, Whee!

prototypo! prototypo! Figaro!

Indigogo!

I'm just a salesman, give me your money

He's jest a salesman, selling more Magazines

He's being courted by Konami!

Easy funds, easy dough, will you give me dough?

No no no no no no no!

Atariage has a very lengthy page for me

Your song was much better than mine but I'm holding back another song to make it even better! For the record... album.

• Like 4

I don't know about crooks.. but any new, unique console has a buzz..

It's interesting.. the Ouya had it, but I don't think NVidia shield does, even though it's console quality...

I guess "buzz" is a cheap thing, and expensive consoles aren't good unless it comes from Sony or MS lol

The nintendo NX should be interesting!

I can't believe people buy the cheap chines android emulators with cart/pad ports..

Does anyone know if swapping out a cart while the system is on can damage the carts?

I don't know about crooks.. but any new, unique console has a buzz..

It's interesting.. the Ouya had it, but I don't think NVidia shield does, even though it's console quality...

I guess "buzz" is a cheap thing, and expensive consoles aren't good unless it comes from Sony or MS lol

The nintendo NX should be interesting!

I can't believe people buy the cheap chines android emulators with cart/pad ports..

Does anyone know if swapping out a cart while the system is on can damage the carts?

In theory, it could, especially if a cart doesn't make a proper circuit. There was actually a homebrew cart called "2600 Fryer" that was wired to destroy an Atari by wiring the power incorrectly.

So not super likely, but on the "yes" side of possible.

• Like 3

In theory, it could, especially if a cart doesn't make a proper circuit. There was actually a homebrew cart called "2600 Fryer" that was wired to destroy an Atari by wiring the power incorrectly.

So not super likely, but on the "yes" side of possible.

THAT, should have been the pack in for the RVGS/CC

• Like 8

VINTAGE HARDWARE DESTROYER LOVERS BUNDLE, $250, purports to kill Ataris but only kills SNEZ, and is promised but is never delivered

It turned out to work so well that all units self destructed. We decided it was a perfect opportunity to pass all the cost benefits to our faithful backers! Think of how much you've saved in shipping and handling costs.

Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 1

For the younger audience who don't know much about Dallas, here is a summary of that "dream season" which eventually became a nightmare for the show, finally turning it into a joke.

I don't remember this, since I was in grade school. All I remember about Dallas is "Who shot J.R.?"

Also didn't realize Knot's Landing was a spinoff. That was one of mom's shows, and if we were annoying during that hour there was hell to pay.... But we had Atari and a CoCo.

Wow this thread still has legs. Can anyone provide me a summary of the last couple months? Was the mysterious Mr. Lee ever revealed? Did he study under Keyser Soze?

Wow, you must have missed Mike's big announcement! He finally decided that "his reputation was worth protecting," so he came back here and explained everything:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/247145-coleco-chameleon-hardware-speculations/?p=3484040

Turns out that "The Mysterious Mr. Lee" was the mastermind that was responsible for everything that happened. That's right ... Mike was totally innocent, and in fact, was the biggest victim of all! Last we heard, Mike was on a brave quest to search for the real killers get his money back from the real scammer.

• Like 7

Mike said Lee is Sean Robinson of California, who is best known for the Commodore Computer Club USA and going to jail for fraud and was 100% responsible for the prototype and his name being slandered globally

But also remember "Lee" is retro talk for attempting to get away

ec88df8bf06b2614e8be6a723e6898bc.jpg

• Like 2