IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Every time I think the story is over, Mike pops his head up and tries to see his shadow.

The fact that he's still trying to "clear his good name" says to me that he's wanting to clear the path for another shady adventure sometime down the road. It might be a while, but there will be an Adventures of Mike Kennedy in Retroland 2.

• Like 3

Interesting side note. The next SC3 event is this Saturday. At every previous event I've attended, including the one this spring, MK had run a raffle. But it's been announced he's not doing one this time. I'm curious if he'll be there at all. I'd imagine there are enough people there who don't know the whole story to sympathize with him over his version of the story.

• Like 2

Interesting side note. The next SC3 event is this Saturday. At every previous event I've attended, including the one this spring, MK had run a raffle. But it's been announced he's not doing one this time. I'm curious if he'll be there at all. I'd imagine there are enough people there who don't know the whole story to sympathize with him over his version of the story.

If you go, please oh please dress up like a Jag, then bounce out of it with a SNES undergarment and shout "SNEZZZZZZ" .... Monty Python style.

• Like 8

Yeah, what happened to the quest to get MK's money back, with the help of the law? Or am I confusing SoCal and OJ again.

I wonder if there really was any "real" contract between the two, something you could actually use in a court of law without taking the risk of having whatever scribbled you put on paper thrown out as invalid/unenforceable/against_the_local_labor_laws etc... etc...

Given the story from Pipercub it seems like he was left with nothing much to claim on against the new commercial entities Mike was spawning up and transferring IPs to, so maybe it was all "gentlemen agreement" .... oh the irony of that idiom now.

• Like 1

Did you end up going?

MK was there again, but it seemed like people weren't hassling him. I still believe the vast majority of the younger side(under age 30) of SC3 are either unaware of MK's misdeeds or they simply don't care. I actually decided to take part in the raffle since MK wasn't running it this time. I refuse to even put a penny I made into his pocket.

I figure the main people who sympathize with MK are the SC3 staff and a select few of the 40+ year old SC3 attendees.

• Like 1

Did you end up going?

MK was there again, but it seemed like people weren't hassling him. I still believe the vast majority of the younger side(under age 30) of SC3 are either unaware of MK's misdeeds or they simply don't care. I actually decided to take part in the raffle since MK wasn't running it this time. I refuse to even put a penny I made into his pocket.

I figure the main people who sympathize with MK are the SC3 staff and a select few of the 40+ year old SC3 attendees.

And most people are fine to talk big game online but when it comes down to face to face IRL interaction they don't say shit. It's pretty sad really. Scold him online all day long but not dare say a word to his face? Pretty cowardly for those that fit that bill IMO. Also, for MK to still show up to video game events like that shows he has no shame. I really hope someone called him out in person and it's just not made it's way to the interweb news yet as he fully deserves it.

OTON's not going to make its meager goal; it'll be lucky to make half. I chuckled at the "new OTON X video coming" update that was 90% green screen--including the TV.

post-39941-0-79834100-1473638290_thumb.png

Also, I missed this back in July, but there was a CNET article on the Skaarp Laser Razor. They missed the first deadline and may miss the end-of-year deadline. All I see is a list of excuses.

And most people are fine to talk big game online but when it comes down to face to face IRL interaction they don't say shit. It's pretty sad really. Scold him online all day long but not dare say a word to his face? Pretty cowardly for those that fit that bill IMO.

Nobody lost money or items (except perhaps Willie's loaned things). What kind of confrontation would you expect that doesn't involve pointing-and-laughing? :-D

Edited by PlaysWithWolves
  • Like 3