IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Did you end up going?

MK was there again, but it seemed like people weren't hassling him. I still believe the vast majority of the younger side(under age 30) of SC3 are either unaware of MK's misdeeds or they simply don't care. I actually decided to take part in the raffle since MK wasn't running it this time. I refuse to even put a penny I made into his pocket.

I figure the main people who sympathize with MK are the SC3 staff and a select few of the 40+ year old SC3 attendees.

no I ended up sick at the end of the week so I cancelled. first one I've missed since I moved out here. pretty bummed.

And most people are fine to talk big game online but when it comes down to face to face IRL interaction they don't say shit. It's pretty sad really. Scold him online all day long but not dare say a word to his face? Pretty cowardly for those that fit that bill IMO. Also, for MK to still show up to video game events like that shows he has no shame. I really hope someone called him out in person and it's just not made it's way to the interweb news yet as he fully deserves it.

I have to suppress my urge to call bullshit on him in front of everyone because I'm not in charge and I'm a lot newer to that crowd than he is. don't feel like it's my place to start something at someone else's event. comes down to being civil until there's a reason not to be. he wasn't using the occasion to ask for handouts or anything so I'm not gonna press it.

• Like 3

And most people are fine to talk big game online but when it comes down to face to face IRL interaction they don't say shit. It's pretty sad really. Scold him online all day long but not dare say a word to his face? Pretty cowardly for those that fit that bill IMO. Also, for MK to still show up to video game events like that shows he has no shame. I really hope someone called him out in person and it's just not made it's way to the interweb news yet as he fully deserves it.

Well, we did book a double booth at Portland and asked to be placed across from him, but he backed out.

So he was there, no doubt another one of these prairie dog moves like that post he made about Sean, then pulled down, looking to see if the coast is clear. Well the coast isn't ever going to be clear. He burned bridges and stepped on so many toes that there is an army of eyes on him. Despite the most recent wall of text he has been sending around crowing about the mag's health and new ventures, and believe me it is the usual spin like the delay of the kickstarter due to the thunderous response etc., we know he can't go near crowd funding/ writers all walked/ the talent left (same ones he blamed for slowing the mag down)/ writers are so alienated he had to recycle interviews/ that mag is a zombie.

• Like 5

I was there, good turn out. Games were in good condition and played very well, lot of trading going on out front. Im always bummed at events like that cause the atari stuff was in a box in the corner. Its all NES and up. I never see any Jag or Lynx stuff in the wild... oh well. Good luck finding any 7800 carts, and Im not willing to pay 80 bucks for them either.

• Like 4

I'm totally on board with the "Keep an eye on Mike" plan, but it's not right to just declare open season on him in public. You can't just have people walking up to the man and picking fights.

I wouldn't ban him from a convention. He's free to buy a ticket like anyone else. I would never sell him a table, nor would I drink with him at the bar afterward.

• Like 4

Some people simply don't want to cause a scene especially when they have more important matters to deal with at fairly short event.

For me, its just as Lincoln said. Its not my event to cause a scene and start shit. Steve Hertz and the rest of the SC3 staff can invite whoever they want to their events and its not my place to tell them who should or shouldn't be there. I'm not going to re-ignite drama at a event that I want to have fun at. I simply decided to boycott MK's SC3 raffles. People pour a lot of money into those raffles and I choose not to do that anymore.

Edited by F1MidBoss

Yet another unrelated headline made me think of "SoCal Mike."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493813305/socal-gas-to-pay-4-million-after-massive-gas-leak?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

SoCal Gas To Pay $4 Million After Massive Gas Leak

The link is not working ...

... like Coleco Chameleon

• Like 1

Yet another unrelated headline made me think of "SoCal Mike."

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/09/13/493813305/socal-gas-to-pay-4-million-after-massive-gas-leak?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=news

SoCal Gas To Pay $4 Million After Massive Gas Leak

Wrong thread. Stay on topic people!!! :P

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/251002-revenge-fart/

• Like 1

How the CC would have tuned out to be? Is SoCal MK involved? Or maybe Mr Lee?

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243144-sinclair-zx-spectrum-vega/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3598964

(another "mouthpiece" ..... mmmmhhhh)

Wow, what a mess. At least Mike never got to the taking-money stage. Lucky for him.

For me, Funkyspectrum has the quote of the week ...at least until tonight's presidential poo-flinging match debate takes place.

The CC was one mans idiotic dream that went wrong and fell apart due to hilarious lies.

The VEGA+ is a wilfully toxic project that is mocking the community and the backers. Even if the device DOES get made, it's going to be garbage. Funding these people is a bad thing to do, regardless of the product.

• Like 2

Wow, what a mess. At least Mike never got to the taking-money stage. Lucky for him.

For me, Funkyspectrum has the quote of the week ...at least until tonight's presidential poo-flinging match debate takes place.

I can say, without hyperbole, that Joe Cracker's NES Rom Maker + super clone system was a better concept than the Coleco Chameleon. Comparing the two, the Cracker project was better defined, knew its target audience better, and had a better chance of ever hitting production.

Seriously, Mike. Seriously.

Come again? Did I miss some chapter here?

There was much poo flinging. Unnamed billionare also made an "ape face" at one point, presumably because he could not comprehend what his opponent was saying! :P

Also when Mike Kennedy was asked what he would do about nuclear proliferation, he pulled a Chameleon out of his bag and everyone dropped on the floor because they thought it was some kind of explosive. Turned out it was just a PC card and electrical tape! :rolling: