IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Mike Kennedy won't leave me alone. Got these in my inbox today...

Hello Retro Reader,

This is just a reminder that issue #12 is your last issue of RETRO Magazine. This issue mailed last week and it may still take a few days for it to arrive to all of you, but many of you should start seeing it show up in your mailbox any day if it hasn't already.

Moving forward, we have made the switch to Patreon to handle our future issue sales. The big benefit to you is that once you sign up, you are only charged for the latest magazine when it is ready to mail. You aren't paying for the entire year of magazines all at once. This is less risky for you especially with our inconsistent publishing schedule. We hope you will consider supporting us over there and keeping your RETRO magazines coming to your home. We really need your continued support to help us continue publishing RETRO.

Here is the direct link to sign up - http://www.Patreon.com/readretro

Also, we have single issues of all three covers of issue #12 for sale at http://www.ShopReadRetro.com. So you can go there to get the cover you want and to buy extra covers to collect. I hope you enjoy this interview issue.

I really want to say a big thank you for all your support in the past and also your consideration to support us moving forward.

--
Mike Kennedy, Publisher
RETRO Magazine

Hello RETRO Patron,

Thanks again for all your support. You should all start seeing your first issue of RETRO hit your mailboxes any day, if it hasn't already. Please let us know what you think and remember to help us grow by telling your gaming friends and family about us. Also, take a picture of your issue of RETRO next to a favorite gaming item from your collection or a selfie with the issue and post to Twitter. Be sure to #ReadRetro. All pictures posted by the end of Feb will enter into a drawing for a new Retro-Bit Generations Plug N Play system. The winner will be announced on a special Patreon post on March 1st.
And, If you like what you see and want more RETRO, I have created a special discounted BACK ISSUE BUNDLE exclusive to all of you, featuring all of our six still available printed back issues (Issues #4,6,7,9,10,11) + our special 200-page RETRO Replay Bookazine which features some of our best content from our first ten issues. That is over 600 pages of RETRO!
Each high quality, collectible issue features a custom exclusive art cover and 68-78 pages of great RETRO gaming content.
All this for $25 (normally $55 at standard pricing) + Shipping. To get your RETRO Back Issue bundle CLICK HERE .
Also, if you didn't get the cover you desired for Issue #12 and want to collect the other Issue #12 covers, you can order them individually by CLICKING HERE.

--
Mike Kennedy, Publisher
RETRO

:ponder:

• Like 6

"RETRO Replay Bookazine" ..... I even hate the word.

I don't like marketing fluff either but to be fair the word isn't his... Retro Gamer (UK mag) frequently publishes a bunch of these reprinting parts of old issues and sometimes some new content. I used to buy them on pdf but they stopped releasing the DVD collections.

Edited by Newsdee

Moving forward, RETRO really needs to get rid of some of these awful Retro-Bit Generations consoles. Please take a picture of yourself on the toilet, dressed as Hitler, reading our reprint Bookazine and tag us on Twitter, because we crave attention, and publicity, any publicity, and maybe you'll win one. Thanks for your money to support us moving forward.

And we wonder why he won't be answering any more questions. For the record. Simple as that. Moving forward, that is over 600 pages of moving forward. That is one high quality collectible. Moving forward.

• Like 5

I had a cool dream/nightmare in an alternate universe full of CRC errors where MK and Kev got a business deal going and RVGS became the world's best console. MK went on to become the most respected and loved figure in videogaming history. Figure indeed, they were even selling multi-sized action figures of MK.

There's more, but I'll stop here.

• Like 2

MK went on to become the most respected and loved figure in videogaming history. Figure indeed, they were even selling multi-sized action figures of MK.

Basically Wozniac and Jobs. Except MK's reality distortion field suffered a critical reality failure when the shark was jumped like an olympic medalist. Edited by Newsdee
  • Like 2

I had a tidbit pointed out the other day and once again it seems we have a famous countdown to success on one of these projects. Hanging out near the bottom of the Patreon page with it's meter hanging at around 10% of funded is this

DEADLINE TO GET IN ON THE MAILING LIST FOR ISSUE #13 - February 28th, 2017

That would jive with the 2 month window where each issue of the mag would be funded by the roaring crowd and the next two month window opens up for the following issue and the regular bi-monthly pace of Retro is established and the success of Nintendo Force is mirrored. Moving forward, what if the meter (and this is crazy) doesn't leap to fully funded by the 28th? Does it get delayed to MAKE IT EVEN BETTER due to the whirlwind of interest?

• Like 8

I got my MK "This is just a final reminder that issue #12 is your last issue of RETRO Magazine." It was sent to my Kickstarter address, but I didn't back the second year of that magazine. I also can't use that email to retrieve my password from ShopReadRetro.com anyway.

I had a tidbit pointed out the other day and once again it seems we have a famous countdown to success on one of these projects. Hanging out near the bottom of the Patreon page with it's meter hanging at around 10% of funded is this

That would jive with the 2 month window where each issue of the mag would be funded by the roaring crowd and the next two month window opens up for the following issue and the regular bi-monthly pace of Retro is established and the success of Nintendo Force is mirrored. Moving forward, what if the meter (and this is crazy) doesn't leap to fully funded by the 28th? Does it get delayed to MAKE IT EVEN BETTER due to the whirlwind of interest?

What is wrong with this guy? If he's trying to save face, he should just quit and go away. If he's trying to juice things along, he should just quit and go away. If he's going to try to take everyone's money, he should stop right now.

If he wants to create something fun and useful and interesting for the retro (lowercase) community, he should sit down, shut up, stop making excuses, stop trying to take money from people, and do it.

His last post to this community was a "press release" about the mini NES, very cleverly designed to drive people to his site. I'll quote it here, so if he gets AA notifications, he'll see it, and if he cares, maybe he'll do something about it.

Here is the latest press release from Nintendo, just this morning. This keeps sounding better and better.

http://shopreadretro.com/blogs/read-retro/nintendo-nes-classic-new-details-and-information

• Like 6

I had a cool dream/nightmare in an alternate universe full of CRC errors where MK and Kev got a business deal going and RVGS became the world's best console. MK went on to become the most respected and loved figure in videogaming history. Figure indeed, they were even selling multi-sized action figures of MK.

Even if it's just a dream, this is one of the funniest posts I've read lately!....Maybe because my imagination kicks it into high gear, and I picture a kid in a toy store torn between the regular sized MK action figure and the 12 inch*, which would probably come complete with a mini copy of Retro in one hand...

Speaking of...

Got my copy of Retro #12 today....ColecoVision Cover! Score!... (I wanted the Coleco or Atari cover because I never owned an Intellivision, excluding Flashbacks)...

*I also figure the 12 inch MK figure would have a button to press so you could hear him talk. You'd push it and he'd randomly say stuff like, "I'm making it Better!", "No more Questions!", and "Simple as that."

I also think if you hold the button down, he utters the secret phrase, "Com'on guys....Stop making fun of my Bookazine!"

• Like 3

For the record, Everyone knows the real MK action figure is a hastily repainted G.I.Joe resealed with electrical tape.

I think it is stuffed into a used plastic genesis game box shell with cover art hastily made in MS Paint and printed from a cheap inkjet printer. Said black electrical tape seals the box.

• Like 4