IGNORED

Happy New Year 2016

Asmusr

At first I was annoyed at having to take a break from playing Bouncy, but all I can say is

And a Happy New Year to you too sir!!!!

Wow! That is such a amazing little treat! I mean just having the music woulda been cool, but this!!!

Thank you so much for all your gifts to the community. You truly enhance my hobby in ways that I never expected or thought possible when I returned to the TI fold.

One question... What was the enhanced resolution used? Having it run in vertical full screen was very cool indeed! I love seeing features/functions of the F-18A being demonstrated.

• Like 1

I have like 15 other projects that NEED to get done, but Rasmus, our resident "Gamer God" so impressed me with his last addition that I just had to stop everything I was doing for about 45 minutes so I could make a teaser video using his new game to bring people to our little corner of Atari Age.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPtq8IRnDIM&feature=youtu.be

• Like 5

That's bloody insane, sir! Well done :)

I don't know if this helps, but did you know that the original code is fully disassembled and largely commented? It's been used to create a couple of ports so far (there's a partial one to the Atari 8 bit on here, and a fully working port to the Sega Genesis). It might be more work than how you're already doing it, but I noticed you have a few features the original doesn't (like remembering which bricks have been hit ;) ).

Edit: added the files I have.

smbdisHL.zip

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 1

With this demo of Super Mario Bros for the TI-99/4A / F18A I wish you a Happy New Year 2016.

I found I had to upgrade the firmware of my F18A for this program to work correctly (I had v1.5). But once I did ... OMG, I did not think this quality of gaming was possible on the TI. Just wow. Great job Rasmus!

With this demo of Super Mario Bros for the TI-99/4A / F18A I wish you a Happy New Year 2016.

Oh wow ! Wow ! WOW ! :-o :) this is a Big Surprise and Really fantastic start for this 2016 developing ! :) ....

Rasmus, really thank you ! ...

i am dreaming to see this on a cartridge a day :-D

Happy New Year 2016