IGNORED

Happy New Year 2016

Asmusr

If you want a NES joystick for your TI to play this Osgeld's nes rapid fire controller for 2600 should work :) I just bought 2 so I'll let you know if it does. His sale thread is in the marketplace. Limit number left but he's doing another run :)

When I owned a NES in high school, I wired up a 9pin pigtail to one of the controllers, and added extra buttons to a TI joystick so I could use that to avoid thumb-blisters.

Full circle :)

• Like 1

When I owned a NES in high school, I wired up a 9pin pigtail to one of the controllers, and added extra buttons to a TI joystick so I could use that to avoid thumb-blisters.

Full circle :)

You can use any joystick you want to use for the emulators, I just tried JS99er.net or JS99er.net/fullscreen.html with the wireless Oker controller (like a PS/3, PS/4)

and use the Joy2Key tool (to programme any button of your joystick to map it to keystrokes on a laptop or PC). But if you have a normal TI-Joystick or Atari Joystick

hooked up using a USB-controller you can also do the mapping to keys with Joy2Key and also works perfectly.

The benefit of the PS/3, PS/4 type of controllers is that they have more buttons, so that you can program typical TI-99/4A keys like:

"REDO", "BACK", "ENTER", "SPACE", "1","2","3", etc. "QUIT" without moving your hands between a controller, keyboard and mouse.

Super Mario Bros (or better said Super Rasmus Bros) works perfectly with a wireless controller!

J'espère que ton gueule de bois n'est pas trop grave ce matin (héhé), et que ce « weekend » du Jour de l'An est génial ben raide!

p

Pas de gueule de bois mais du bon vin Puisseguin Lussac Saint-Emilion et Champagne, du sanglier, fromage... qui dit mieux !

http://www.udpse.com/

Happy new year

ein gutes neues Jahr

feliz año nuevo

felice anno nuovo

• Like 1

Best end of the year ever :)

Quick question: are you using straight assembly or a C compiler to do this?

It's hand coded assembly, but it takes a lot of the load off the CPU to use the F18A scroll registers, so it could probably have been done in C. I enjoy programming in assembly, however. ;)

• Like 5

That's bloody insane, sir! Well done :)

I don't know if this helps, but did you know that the original code is fully disassembled and largely commented? It's been used to create a couple of ports so far (there's a partial one to the Atari 8 bit on here, and a fully working port to the Sega Genesis). It might be more work than how you're already doing it, but I noticed you have a few features the original doesn't (like remembering which bricks have been hit ;) ).

Edit: added the files I have.

attachicon.gifsmbdisHL.zip

Thanks, this might come in handy.

This is only a demo and is far from being even a complete port of even the first level. For instance, the mushroom to make Mario bigger, the fire flower and the turtle are still missing. At the moment all question mark tiles just give you a coin.

I got the inspiration to attempt this when I found a guide to the physics of the how Mario moves:

http://explodingrabbit.com/threads/original-smb-and-smb2j-player-physics-exhaustive-guide.14607/

I looks daunting until you realize that the accelerations and velocities can all be represented as 16 bit fixed point numbers. This is what I have been concentrating on so far, and I believe Mario is moving pretty close to the original NES version. In lack of a second fire button I had to use up for jumping, but it seems to work pretty well.

I will create a thread in the development forum for any further updates.

• Like 5

Ciro,

I like your layout better. What font did you use? After seeing yours, I no longer like mine... except for the Mario/TI logo on the left-hand side.

nice that you like Omega ;) ..i just user an original title and worked with photoshop... no TTF font or so.

about Mario TI Logo in the left-hand side i choiced it because it is the original one used in the game (not Blue clothes), and also because i always used 8 bit characters in my previous Rasmus Game's labels i done ;)

:D

Where's jchase and his Sega Genesis controller mod when we need him!!!

in true i had purchased two of these joypad but really never be able to use them... :( i had an ugly feeling playing with them. Buttons were hard to press and same for directions pad, after 10 minutes my fingers had prayed to stop of playing.
Jchase never answered to my messages for looking for solve the problem.