IGNORED

Bowling League?

Opry99er

I'll join. That shirt by mthompson is too cool. I would definitely buy one. I bought the shirt he created that looks like his logo.

My oldest son always wants me to bowl with him. I'm terrible. When we go, we add 100 pins to my score to make our games competitive (I average about 130 and he averages about 225).

So far it looks like

-Opry99er

-BuckoBrand

How bout a CMart/Rev led team? The dirty jokes and innuendo alone would make this league a blast. :)

Pretty sure they want to form a Star Wars themed team called The Empire Strikes Back. Rev's nickname will be Jar Jar Bowls and Cmart is Darth Spare ;-)

• Like 1

So we are at 9 or 10 so far. :)

Once we hit 12 interested players, I'll go ahead and start the official thread... Would be nice to get 5 teams of 3... Or 4 teams of 4?

I guess we will see where it goes in the next day or two. :)

And fully agree.... That shirt is absolutely perfect. What would those shirts cost, by the way?

BTW, a few small tips for newcomers to the game:

5 is the selection you want for game type.

On slickness, if you want alot of hook (down on the disc for max spin) you'll want a low slickness level.

Also, the Left and Right hand selection is reversed on the overlay.

Lighter balls hook more, but they don't drive through the pins as hard.

Find what seems to work for you on the game options and practice with the same options every time. You'll find that you will get better more steadily and consistently if you use the same slickness and ball weight for each practice session.

Also, watching Kingpin and The Big Lebowski at least once each prior to league play is a requirement. ;)

• Like 2

That shirt is absolutely perfect. What would those shirts cost, by the way?

post-39531-0-05651900-1452100824_thumb.png

Glad you like the art! I've tweaked it a bit since yesterday and have it set up in the shirt shop now. It's designed to work on any color you want, light or dark.

post-39531-0-92042800-1452099930_thumb.pngpost-39531-0-02208100-1452099930_thumb.png

$11, plus $5 shipping ($5.50 Canada, $7.50 to Europe). Just use the link above or in my signature. These go up to XXL, but if people need the larger sizes, let me know and I'll add the premium shirt, which goes to 5XL.

Cool idea. Let the games begin!

• Like 5

BTW, a few small tips for newcomers to the game:

5 is the selection you want for game type.

On slickness, if you want alot of hook (down on the disc for max spin) you'll want a low slickness level.

Also, the Left and Right hand selection is reversed on the overlay.

Lighter balls hook more, but they don't drive through the pins as hard.

Find what seems to work for you on the game options and practice with the same options every time. You'll find that you will get better more steadily and consistently if you use the same slickness and ball weight for each practice session.

Also, watching Kingpin and The Big Lebowski at least once each prior to league play is a requirement. ;)

Thanks for the tips!! I watched Kingpin last night! One of my favorite comedies! Run for your life there's a shit cloud coming. And what has three holes and you stick your fingers in it other than a woman. A bowling ball!! :grin:

Intellivision Bowling League white sm.png

Glad you like the art! I've tweaked it a bit since yesterday and have it set up in the shirt shop now. It's designed to work on any color you want, light or dark.

Intellivision Bowling League shirt kaki.png Intellivision Bowling League shirt purple.png

$11, plus $5 shipping ($5.50 Canada, $7.50 to Europe). Just use the link above or in my signature. These go up to XXL, but if people need the larger sizes, let me know and I'll add the premium shirt, which goes to 5XL.

Cool idea. Let the games begin!

the shirt is only available in purple. Any chance you can make it available in other colors?

EDIT: nm. You have to click on purple to get other colors.

Edited by pimpmaul69

It appears I was incorrect on one thing in my helper points.

The R/L hand is not reversed, I was just pushing the wrong buttons. If you push 5, it is right hand... If you push 6, it is left.

The overlay is not pointing to the 5 and the 6, however... Rather, it is referring to the 8 and 9. In that case, the L/R is correct... I was pushing the wrong buttons, but they selected the option as well, just in reverse. :dunce: