IGNORED

IDE Plus 2.0 - the newestl edition available very soon

Simius

11 hours ago, Simius said:

I'm affraid Frankie has cut off pin 3 (GND) thinking it was 6. It means the PLL is dead and needs to be replaced.

I didn’t cut pin 3, I just said it looked like yours was. Hard to see in the picture. What I did do was confuse pin 6 and 7. Little dab of solder fixed that right up and it’s working correctly now.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 9:23 AM, drac030 said:

Yes, definitely. There are no separate BIOS-es for particular revisions.

I found the Bios17 is now on your site.  I flash bios17 to my revE board and some of the problems I have had in the past seems to be less.

• Like 1

I flashed bios17 to my Altirra 3.90-test 28 emulator and lost my hard drive (changed hard drives) and still no joy.  I am emulating a rev 'c' board.  So I just now tried resetting the configuration so that my hard drive is seen as a rev 'd' board and all is working again.

Sorry for false alarm.

On 3/13/2020 at 10:18 PM, Roydea6 said:

false alarm

This was not a false alarm: the BIOS is supposed to handle the rev. C as well. From the firmware's point of view, there are four versions of the IDE+ hardware: A/B/C, D, E and F. Selecting the proper code path was busted in one or two places and that is why it did not work with anything older than D.

This below should work with rev. C. It only does not work with emulated rev. E, but on real rev. E it works, so I guess that the rev. E emulation may be somewhat inexact somewhere.

bios17a.arc

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My Rev.C with BIOS 0.9 wasn't recognized by KMKDIAG included with this release, but was by the version included with BIOS Version 1.2(same BIOS as my Rev.D). Because of this I took the intermediate step of updating the Rev.C to 1.2, checking that it was recognized by the latest KMKDIAG, then updating to BIOS 1.7.

The extra step probably wasn't necessary, but thought it could avoid potential problems.

Both Rev.C & Rev.D now updated to BIOS 1.7 and SpartaDOS X 4.49.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 8/13/2016 at 4:59 AM, Simius said:

post-26134-0-17900300-1471078762_thumb.png

Ouch!!!  The power pins are reversed from my Rev C so my Rev C power supply will not work with my Rev H device... not good.

EDIT: According to this drawing, they are reversed but in reality, this drawing is wrong... the upper pin is negative and the lower pin is positive.  My power supply for my Rev C IDE2Plus works fine with the new Rev H.  I also notice that the power connector is on the other side of the board on the Rev H from the one shown in this pic.  We probably need a new pic for the Rev H.

IMG_1738.thumb.JPG.ce6dc6f9a959bab4579964d085f93137.JPGIMG_1740.thumb.JPG.e4c720902a37b69e17b16ee5c36cc423.JPGIMG_1741.thumb.JPG.a14da5e4db3d129d2a44b342d18d5aee.JPG

Sorry for the pic quality... You can see it working with the RED (pos) wire on the bottom pin.

Edited by bf2k+
Reality