IGNORED

Winner of Game Of The Year 2015

vprette

I did think DZ-jay programmed the game at first. If he would have made this game, it would have a lot of animation like Christmas Carol. Then I think, maybe Groovybee could be the one who made it. He made no comments or likes on the subject. Nanochess would have the pig fire some sort of projectiles and multiplex them. I would have multiplex everything because I'm too lazy to use tiles. The animation like pig chopping scene and the sine wave game over tells me that's groovybee's style. I recall seeing 8 llamas sinewave movement in the highscore screen in Bover Hover. I'm definitely looking forward for more groovybee's game like Rocketeer, and Terra 8.

LOL! That's a great assessment of styles. :lol:

To be honest, I don't think I would have been able to complete that game in three weeks, not even sans fancy animations. I did the original, single-level Christmas Carol game in just about two weeks, so I know it is technically feasible; and although I am more experienced now and have much more reference code that I could re-purpose, I also learned a key lesson back then: It's a killer challenge to make a game in such a short time, so don't ever, ever do it again! :lol:

I know that nothing in the world will return to GroovyBee those three weeks of agonizing work that were expunged from his life. I admire his dedication, and hope that the success of his final product was at least worth the substantial cost.

Now I am even more excited for the final Rocketeer and Mars Minis!!

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 5

I must say, what I asked for and what I got were wonderfully miles apart. Next game...should be kinda cool too.

I'm hearing rumours that you caved to Rev's constant whining for Hello Kitty v Pretty Princess Pony Dance Dance Revolution Party. I hope that's not true

• Like 1

No it's Bea Arthur all the way! Bea Arthur is the "Bond Girl"!

I'm hearing rumours that you caved to Rev's constant whining for Hello Kitty v Pretty Princess Pony Dance Dance Revolution Party. I hope that's not true