IGNORED

GOOD DEAL GAMES - Intellivision Homebrew section

Rev

Has anyone tried paddle-like control on the Disc using a press and spin method? I've heard of side to side spin but not 360 degrees. Do you have Paddle Party, how does that work?

Sadly, the only Intellivision game that I know of that uses the disc as a spinner is "Turbo". None of the paddle games do. I'd really like to see a simple demo rom showing a paddle being controlled with the disc as a spinner. Maybe it doesn't work very well.

Sadly, the only Intellivision game that I know of that uses the disc as a spinner is "Turbo". None of the paddle games do. I'd really like to see a simple demo rom showing a paddle being controlled with the disc as a spinner. Maybe it doesn't work very well.

I figure as long as you keep pressing down you could detect a linear path over the contacts. The tricky part is when you let go, I guess it would have to reset and start again so to speak.

We did Piggy at $30 at PRGE then we did $40 shipped to the US and $45 Overseas. I can tell you that dozens of dollars in profits were made if you don't count labor. :-)

• Like 3

We did Piggy at $30 at PRGE then we did $40 shipped to the US and $45 Overseas. I can tell you that dozens of dollars in profits were made if you don't count labor. :-)

If you were running a non-profit Intellivision charity why wouldn't you sell at cost at get them out there for $25? You'd only be risking losing a few hundred probably. No more than a thousand tops.

I figure as long as you keep pressing down you could detect a linear path over the contacts. The tricky part is when you let go, I guess it would have to reset and start again so to speak.

You don't need to detect a "linear path," you can compute the angular velocity by sampling fast enough. It wouldn't be positional like a true paddle controller, but it could be treated as rotating controller, where the spinning velocity translates to the the speed of sprite displacement.

You don't need to detect a "linear path," you can compute the angular velocity by sampling fast enough. It wouldn't be positional like a true paddle controller, but it could be treated as rotating controller, where the spinning velocity translates to the the speed of sprite displacement.

That sounds pretty good, I want some games with that please. :)

Who runs Good Deal Games, are they on AtariAge?

Mostly I wanted to ask them to change their front end, they need some information from clicking on individual titles. When you have to go elsewhere for screenshots and videos it feels a little weak. Best you get is a higher res box front image and that isn't there for every game.

How do people find the Ordering Form, good?

If you were running a non-profit Intellivision charity why wouldn't you sell at cost at get them out there for $25? You'd only be risking losing a few hundred probably. No more than a thousand tops.

I'm a life long folk singer, I'm used to 30 bucks and a muffin!

Like my music, it's often the journey not the destination. Piggy Bank was all about having fun, and fun is priceless. It would not be a sustainable career with the business model we took for Piggy. Lucky for me I can sell my wood.

• Like 5

Hello, I operate the Good Deal Games website. I rarely have time to monitor the message boards, but I was given a heads up via e-mail, so here I am. Yes, I know that more information on the website would be a good thing. Until recently, we actually only had a text title listing, so improvements with a paragraph game description and an image of the game was a major step up. Homebrew Heaven (at GDG) is a hobbyist run operation. When my father passed away I was forced to sell the retail inventory and closed up shop, as I had to temporarily leave my wife and move from NY to Florida to care for my mother for almost half a year. When my mother stabilized, I moved back to NY to be with my wife and realized that I missed operating the website. That is when I went homebrew only as it was my passion, and would not be as laborious as the previous venture. Of course now that it has over 400+ different homebrew titles in stock, it is once again getting to be a bit too much for me to handle alone. So, it will probably be some time until another upgrade occurs. After I lose my mum, and my sister's scenario is in check, then I'll attempt to improve the website listings again. FYI, I have always allowed people to return any homebrew for a full refund (minus shipping expenses) so there is little to no risk if someone wants to try a game out. I do this for the love of it, so the last thing I want to do is stick someone with a game they don't like. It is all about the fun!!

• Like 11

I met you at the CGE 2014 I believe, and you were very nice and helpful! thank you so much for selling and putting out all these great homebrew games and loving the industry the way you do!

I am sure you have put in a lot of work, love and labor into all of this and mostly sorry for any family related losses along the way as time has gone by. Best to you and yours, Dale W.

Hello, I operate the Good Deal Games website. I rarely have time to monitor the message boards, but I was given a heads up via e-mail, so here I am. Yes, I know that more information on the website would be a good thing. Until recently, we actually only had a text title listing, so improvements with a paragraph game description and an image of the game was a major step up. Homebrew Heaven (at GDG) is a hobbyist run operation. When my father passed away I was forced to sell the retail inventory and closed up shop, as I had to temporarily leave my wife and move from NY to Florida to care for my mother for almost half a year. When my mother stabilized, I moved back to NY to be with my wife and realized that I missed operating the website. That is when I went homebrew only as it was my passion, and would not be as laborious as the previous venture. Of course now that it has over 400+ different homebrew titles in stock, it is once again getting to be a bit too much for me to handle alone. So, it will probably be some time until another upgrade occurs. After I lose my mum, and my sister's scenario is in check, then I'll attempt to improve the website listings again. FYI, I have always allowed people to return any homebrew for a full refund (minus shipping expenses) so there is little to no risk if someone wants to try a game out. I do this for the love of it, so the last thing I want to do is stick someone with a game they don't like. It is all about the fun!!

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, sorry to hear about your troubles. It always amazes me how many people with so many life demands also run businesses at the same time, I really don't think I could do that, my Dad got sick and I just fell apart.

I didn't mean any harm with my questions, I just found your webpage odd compared to other online stores I'd seen, fine if you know exactly what you want but light when it came to general browsing that I was concerned your sales would be effected in the broad sense. I hope things improve for you and you don't have to do this alone so much.

Appreciate the diversity of consoles you sell for, a lot of homebrew can get so isolated with one fanbase even though we are all in the same boat. Still new to buying homebrews so I wanted know how your site was from others here since I'd never tried it. Don't usually have the means for much homebrew but next month I intend order something, as long as you ship to Canada you got my business. ;)

Appreciate you dropping by to say hello. I do like the higher res box covers a lot on your site, most websites don't take advantage of that clicking option. Take care. :)

Thanks for the kind words, and so sorry about your pop :-( I'm not concerned about loss of sales, as it is already too busy for me to handle. Besides, all incoming funds go directly to operate the site, licence/production/publish new titles, et cetera. I maintain the website as a hobby, so I don't rely on the income personally. Just need enough to keep the operation running and growing. Glad to hear that you appreciate all the under-rated systems we support and we ship worldwide, so no worries there. Cheers, Michael

• Like 2