IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

He's pretty popular. He did a review of McWills screen mod and McWill got a huge rush of orders.

. You're thinking of VectrexRoli - he gets good exposure! Also worth talking to Lairds Lair, he has lots of Atari subscribers and he writes for RetroGamer magazine - it's the sort of thing that would make a good magazine article.

. You're thinking of VectrexRoli - he gets good exposure! Also worth talking to Lairds Lair, he has lots of Atari subscribers and he writes for RetroGamer magazine - it's the sort of thing that would make a good magazine article.

Nope. I am talking about Metaljesusrocks. McWill has one of my Game Gears for his tests and he told me he had to put it aside because he got slammed with orders after the review. Here's the link: https://youtu.be/insQ4HcY55M Edited by Krip316
  • Like 1

Also worth talking to Lairds Lair, he has lots of Atari subscribers and he writes for RetroGamer magazine - it's the sort of thing that would make a good magazine article.

Ugh, the less anyone has anything to do with him the better. Check into his awful history..

• Like 9

Love it how MetalJesus often boosts views by having gamer girls as guests. ^^

About the Laird, I am sure he will be getting a flashcard anyway. Not sure if it is the best advertisement (meaning how many of the people really would know of his past), but he will surely talk about it no matter what.

The gamegear puts the gameboy into shame because the gamegear is backlighted color and is compatible with SMS games in mind,even 1bit digital sound & paralax scrolling can be simulated on this handheld by using programming tricks,yes it involves more proccesing power but it's worth it.

The gameboy has been somany times replaced with an updated gameboy so no one is ever gonne use the first model gameboy anymore,however the gamegear NEVER dit had an updated version,so it's still NOT obsolete,that's why people still love the gamegear.

I rather keep the original screen for what it is because it makes it so retro,but the modern screen is a nice treath for the eyes.

I love his accent. Also, because of his videos, I see that my next purchase after this will be the 7800 SD card!

• Like 2

The gamegear puts the gameboy into shame because the gamegear is backlighted color and is compatible with SMS games in mind,even 1bit digital sound & paralax scrolling can be simulated on this handheld by using programming tricks,yes it involves more proccesing power but it's worth it.

The gameboy has been somany times replaced with an updated gameboy so no one is ever gonne use the first model gameboy anymore,however the gamegear NEVER dit had an updated version,so it's still NOT obsolete,that's why people still love the gamegear.

I rather keep the original screen for what it is because it makes it so retro,but the modern screen is a nice treath for the eyes.

You can update the DMG Gameboy. I did a backlight mod on mine. unfortunately one of the LEDs went out in mine...

post-33189-0-07198800-1438654917.jpg

Love it how MetalJesus often boosts views by having gamer girls as guests. ^^

About the Laird, I am sure he will be getting a flashcard anyway. Not sure if it is the best advertisement (meaning how many of the people really would know of his past), but he will surely talk about it no matter what.

Yep, he'll talk about it. None of it will be based on anything remotely close to the truth though.

• Like 6

I will release the 1.3 menu tomorrow - it's almost perfect now. I've taken some of the ideas from SainT there - .lsd extension for the image, they will all sit in a folder on the SD card (separate from the .lnx files, just to keep tidy). Images are full screen rather than icons - it looks a lot better and it avoids nightmare palette issues. The utility to convert images is a bit of a pain but can be improved I think. Basic process is - take a screen shot in Handy at native 1:1 resolution, then open in Paint Shop Pro, convert to 16 colour. Save bitmap and run it through utility, which uses the sprite packer and then produces a .lsd file. This is the part of the process which we can improve with more time - ie. the idea would be nice to load an image straight from emulator into my utility. I think the source for the sprite packer is knocking around and its not that difficult to work it out anyway, just needs me to focus more time on that to make it more standalone. To start with i will release images for all the games I have anyway, so there won't be many gaps.

The .LSD files can then just go into the folder on the SD card and if the main part of the filename matches the .lnx file it will just display the image. The images are full screen, so no small icons. With a preview delay to stop it slowing down navigation on the SD card. Hard to explain but basically you can go up and down the list of your ROMs, stop on one of them for a second and it goes full screen with a preview of that game.

SainT, are you happy for me to release updates on this thread, or would you rather I separated it out into another thread?

• Like 6

If peoples are still updating the os software for the lynx software,well i was thinking how about a cheat option for games? Yes i know the lynx ram bus is NOT straight connected to the cart rom BUT what if the microcontroller chip does have over an whopping 4MB of space inside it, it can just load the whole entire rom in it's own ram be decrypting it, then it can manipulate that ram with your invulved code,then re-encrypt it again and then load into into the lynx ram,why would i think it's in theory possible,that's because a lynx emulator for the first xbox allows you to put cheat codes in lynx games.

But even if it becomes possible,let's just first focus us on getting our lynx sd card adaptor some day and then we can alway's focus on this idea.

My cart arrived today and I only had time to load up commercial titles alongside the preloaded caligames before rushing off to work. What I'd really like tomorrow (my day off) is to spend time putting the files into alpha folders - which looks possible from Gadget's vid - and I already have my homebrews in a separate folder so hopefully this'll be acceptable to the SD card too. I noticed not all of the file name can be represented on-screen; can this be updated at all? Do I need to wait for your final menu gadget before uploading all this to the card or does it make no odds? Many thanks.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2016 at 7:44 PM, GadgetUK said:

I've updated the menu again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF7k1kER8Fc

The next update will probably to try and support some of the oddly formatted .lnx files out there.

Very very nice as ever, Gadget! :D

To get around the 8.3 file format issue it is possible to take the name of the ROM from the LNX header, although you have to make sure they are correct. It would be handy if there was just a utility to replace this info in the header with the long filename (minus extension) to be honest. Again something I want to get onto.

Annoyingly long filename support requires quite a lot more additional RAM on the microcontroller, and just wasn't feasible with the other chip features I wanted.

Edit: speed wise reading from the cartridge (and hence memory card) there is actually a fair bit of scope for improving this. At the moment I am extremely careful to check if data is ready before reading each byte. For fast reads where you know the length of the data you should be able to get away with constant nop based delay to maximise throughput. The may be some caveats about delays when moving across sector boundaries, but there's definitely room for improvement. :)

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1