IGNORED

Lynx Multi Card Preorders

SainT

Hello,

Please add me to the list for one unit in a case.

I haven't read through everything yet, so I may have missed it. But if you order with a case, is it possible to remove it from the case? I actually have one of each of the Lynx models, and it would be nice if I could use it for either Lynx model. I'll be reading through this a little more to see if my question has already been answered.

Thank you and great work.

• Like 1

Hello,

Please add me to the list for one unit in a case.

I haven't read through everything yet, so I may have missed it. But if you order with a case, is it possible to remove it from the case? I actually have one of each of the Lynx models, and it would be nice if I could use it for either Lynx model. I'll be reading through this a little more to see if my question has already been answered.

Thank you and great work.

The top case is glued on -- an uncased version will work in Lynx 1 and 2, the cased just in Lynx 2. I wouldn't recommend trying to remove the case after its glued on, its surprising how effective super glue is between the PLA case and the PCB. I've had to reduce the amount of glue I use massively. For the odd issue where I needed to take the case off to investigate problems I found out if you use what I thought was a "reasonable" amount of glue you CANNOT remove the case without literally ripping it to shreds! A little superglue goes a LONG way. :)

But I will include the case if you chose uncased. You can glue it on later if you want... :)

• Like 2

The top case is glued on -- an uncased version will work in Lynx 1 and 2, the cased just in Lynx 2. I wouldn't recommend trying to remove the case after its glued on, its surprising how effective super glue is between the PLA case and the PCB. I've had to reduce the amount of glue I use massively. For the odd issue where I needed to take the case off to investigate problems I found out if you use what I thought was a "reasonable" amount of glue you CANNOT remove the case without literally ripping it to shreds! A little superglue goes a LONG way. :)

But I will include the case if you chose uncased. You can glue it on later if you want... :)

Thanks, that answers my question. I was hoping that I could have it cased for my model 2, but with the option to remove the case for use in model 1. However, I understand why it can't be done.

I would like to revise my pre-order to one uncased unit so that I can add it later if I want.

Thanks again.

Crap. I apologize. It looks like my name is already on the pre-order list. I'm seeing it on there twice now.

Sorry for the trouble. I know you are super busy with this. The last thing you probably need is to deal with forgetful people like me. ;-)

• Like 1

Many thanks, this cart is awesome!!!!! Everything works fine - just had one minor glitch related to a dodgy ROM I think. Probably due to the header and the fact the file wasn't padded out.

Yet another master piece of hardware available for the Lynx! =D

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 4

Many thanks, this cart is awesome!!!!! Everything works fine - just had one minor glitch related to a dodgy ROM I think. Probably due to the header and the fact the file wasn't padded out.

Cheers Gadget, I'm glad you approve! :)

I've tried really hard to make it "feel" as nice as possible -- it's even got a nice weight to it... lol. :) The only ROM's I've had issues with as well have had dodgy headers (mostly no headers at all), so experience with home brew will be a bit hit and miss until headers are sorted out.

However the actual code to deal with file formats is part of the menu code on the Lynx -- it just instructs the cartridge to write certain parts of the file to certain bits of the cartridge memory, so there's scope to create new formats or do some more intelligent guess work at what the format should be if headers are missing.

Edit: GadgetUK's Video added to the fist post as well as it's a great overview of the cart, and I don't think I've actually posted proper final cased shots. So this shows everything really nicely!

Edited by SainT
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVifakcnc0w

The review was amezing and mind bling,especialy the lynx taxi movie rom,proving that watching a movie along with digital sound becomes possible on this amezing monstres beast,and if you can take full advantage off the sd cart space,you can unlock the incredible amezing power off the atari lynx.

Cheers Gadget, I'm glad you approve! :)

I've tried really hard to make it "feel" as nice as possible -- it's even got a nice weight to it... lol. :) The only ROM's I've had issues with as well have had dodgy headers (mostly no headers at all), so experience with home brew will be a bit hit and miss until headers are sorted out.

However the actual code to deal with file formats is part of the menu code on the Lynx -- it just instructs the cartridge to write certain parts of the file to certain bits of the cartridge memory, so there's scope to create new formats or do some more intelligent guess work at what the format should be if headers are missing.

Edit: GadgetUK's Video added to the fist post as well as it's a great overview of the cart, and I don't think I've actually posted proper final cased shots. So this shows everything really nicely!

Just saw it, add me to the list as well good sir.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2016 at 7:23 AM, 7800fan said:

How about using hot glue? Easy to remove if needed without ripping anything. And generally stays on well.

I'm not a big fan of hot glue, although I should probably give it a go. While superglue is bloody good, the cyanoacrylate fumes can mark the PLA and can actually settle on memory card connectors and act as an insulator! This confused the hell out of me for a little while and is why I now use it much more sparingly. :)

Edited by SainT

Finally! I think everything is setup and in-place to start taking payments and shipping out orders. I'm starting to work through the list now and we'll see how we get on. I've reduced UK postage costs to £3 as I've realised I can post as large letter instead of small parcel. Unfortunately this doesn't make much difference in costs for international postage, though -- £9 is still as cheap as I can do it for a signed for delivery, and I really would like to know it gets there safely. :(

• Like 3

Finally! I think everything is setup and in-place to start taking payments and shipping out orders. I'm starting to work through the list now and we'll see how we get on. I've reduced UK postage costs to £3 as I've realised I can post as large letter instead of small parcel. Unfortunately this doesn't make much difference in costs for international postage, though -- £9 is still as cheap as I can do it for a signed for delivery, and I really would like to know it gets there safely. :(

I'll pay extra for shipping as needed. Are you contacting people via PM here?

Yes, the process will be I'll drop everyone on the list a PM working down from the top and just confirm they still want a cart. If so I'll sort out what the postage charge will be and ask for an email address for you. I'll send a PayPal invoice to that email address, when it's paid I'll ship out asap (will be next working day). The PayPal invoice just lets me keep track of everything more easily as I'm making sure everything is above board in terms of being a business (I like to stay on the right side of the Inland Revenue!! :D)

I'm just working through the first few now.

• Like 2

If anyone is interested, I've updated the menu code (thanks SainT for providing the source! =D ).

I will do some more mods later, but for now all I've done is change some of the text colouring, put a version number on there, allow use of right and left on d-pad to go page up or page down, and the B button will just go back a folder regardless of where you are in the list of files.

This is a great device and the open source nature of the menu is great! I am thinking it might be possible to display a tiny image of the selected game next - but I do mean tiny lol. Although with some works I guess it could be totally changed to allow more space for an image and less room for filename listings etc.

Just rename your old menu.bin file to menu.old, then copy the new menu.bin on there in the root (just incase you want to revert for any reason).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gxdmmfa84npean9/menu.bin?dl=0

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mentioned that I added the standard flip option in there as well, so lefties can use the menu. You need to flip the game again once its loaded though.

Edited by GadgetUK
  • Like 4