IGNORED

Anyone else collect Vic 20 carts?

cvga

The good news and bad news is that Black Jack is still sealed. I haven't been able to play it.

Ah... well, bugger there. Wow. Dilemma ahoy. Seriously though, it isn't preserved, and it'll eventually die. I barely keep anything sealed for those reasons.

Black Jack was one of the titles in a set of OEM carts sold about 13 years ago on eBay, but was only loose... someone here was believed to be the buyer, but most of them remain undumped to this day sadly.

But thanks for the photo of the box :)

Edited by Mayhem

• 4 weeks later...

You should take a look at the Behr-Bonz. Built and shipped in 3 weeks and you can get them from eslapion on the Denial forum:

http://sleepingelephant.com/ipw-web/bulletin/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7513

The Behr-Bonz I ordered 3 weeks ago arrived today, and it is SPECTACULAR. So many great games, a nice menu-driven interface, and even a reset button. Thank you for suggesting this.

• Like 1

I have about 120 boxed VIC 20 carts and some loose... but I do not have a single OEM brand cart.

So if you ever plan to sell yours please make sure to send a pm...

Got a list? Would be useful to see if there's anything I'm missing or need scans of for example.

How many disk and tape releases for VIC20?

I never got around to answering this question. Bo's tape site is good (in fact I need to bug him AGAIN about trying to transfer some of them for Gamebase20 along with scanning the packaging) but it does list duplicates, or variants of the same program, so it's not 889 individual titles listed.

As it stands, there's one disk game in there from back in the day, and a couple of homebrews via Psytronik. I suspect there are more games possibly out there, but not many, and there's a handful of productivity and utility software on disk as well.

Tapes wise, games keep coming out of the woodwork. I've got a box of 25+ Vic20 games here I still haven't gotten around to scanning, let along transferring yet, despite having them for months after purchasing them from a private seller in the US. Just this week I got two Vic20 games bundles with a few titles in that hadn't been preserved yet either (the rest will either go into my collection or get resold). The total keeps creeping up. I'd say a thousand games on tape is a conservative estimate, based on the entries in GB20. There's plenty of magazine listings present, homebrews, entries of known titles that haven't been preserved yet, and duplicate releases of the same game by different publishers (especially Nufekop, Rabbit and Bubble Bus).

• Like 1