IGNORED

HSC13 R8: Manic Miner & Best Ports "Tourney Round"

Bobby Bearing, got stuck see screenshot

Frisky Tom 7,100

I had the same trouble on that room - I think some are deliberate traps. Escape to kill off your man and it puts you back at the entrance to the current room. The info on the first post it talks about being able to fly/levitate? but I haven't spent much time on it. Sikor at least has found 1 ball so we know they are out there just waiting to be rescued!

• Like 1

Frisky Tom: 16700 (could get more, but... well see for yourself :()

Sorry about that, seems ok on real hardware - perhaps try on another emulator ;)

Stampede 959

If would be nice if you could move the horse back and forth instead of just up and down

Perplex 1,240

Any way to grab a key and drag it?

No you have to push the keys too - they are facing left or right too so make sure you get the right doors! Whatever you do avoid the reverse direction arrow collectable, sort of stick to a route or two and follow it, keep things off the far walls and look for places that you have room to turn in!

Manic Miner: 45635 (Solar Power Generator)

Some great scores (as usual) :thumbsup: Checkout the latest TABLES (we might have to re-do the scoring at the end of the round!!)

My first and last try with Manic Miner... :woozy:

Did you not like it?

Managed a couple of improvements:

Spectipede 172,480 (14)

and

Parsec XL 25,700 - This one is really growing on me, park yourself about 1/4 away from the left side and there are only a few waves to learn. Made it through 3 refuelling tunnels :)

Reminder this round ends Saturday unless anyone wants a few more days?

will put the poll on Tomorrow!

sector 7 - it is attached in screenshot name. If its possible - please extend this round for 3-4 days - i had disk crash and made system reinstal (out of home - so, I haven't other computer to play in free time).

:thumbsup: There's plenty left to play so...

THIS ROUND EXTENDED UNTIL THURSDAY 26TH (10PM UK TIME)

ROUND 9 POLL OPEN :)

Tables UPDATED!

Edited by therealbountybob

With my best joystick had a great go on Bug Attack - 48,852 unfortunately once you learn the game it doesn't seem to get any harder and probably you could go on forever with some tactical adjustments.

post-19705-0-50778400-1463831812_thumb.jpg

To put that into perspective I then had a go on Spectipede, which I have been playing loads and lost the first man in 1 second for 106 points!

For some reason I keep maxing out around 170K on Level 14 :ponder:

post-19705-0-60279400-1463831813_thumb.jpg

Lots more Spectipede and finally broke the 170K barrier, 192,059 (13)

post-19705-0-66888800-1463940642_thumb.jpg

Parsec XL I figured out the [select] "Lift" 1-3 lets you adjust the crafts vertical movement so you can slow it down for the asteroid belt of the refuelling tunnel, though I was a wreck by the time I had got to the key to turn it back! 29,700 this game also gets pretty insane!

• Like 1