IGNORED

HSC13 R8: Manic Miner & Best Ports "Tourney Round"

Spectipede 319715

I only just realised that the blue segments don't kill you when they run into you horizontally neither do the white rockets. This makes things a bit easier sometimes.

Does anyone know what makes your ship explode seemingly randomly? On quite a few occasions, unusually near the end of a round, the ship just explodes for no reason. Is there an invisible timer on the later rounds?

post-29593-0-45823600-1464429131_thumb.jpg

Edited by McKong

Does anyone know what makes your ship explode seemingly randomly?

This was something about the Spectipede that really "bugged" me... until I realized that my ship exploding wasn't random at all, nor was it based on a timer. I first thought that my laser cannon (or whatever) was overheating, so I started being very conservative with my shots. It has nothing to do with a timer or how often you fire. Pay attention to what you're firing at all of the time. If you hit that little white thing that travels across the screen (and/or sometimes down the screen) then you blow up instantly. This bothered me at first, but it really turned out that it made me aim my shots with more precision-- which actually improved my game.

Adam

Na it's not that either, I know that you blow up if you shoot the white rocket cos the shot bounces off it. On more than one occasion when I've been playing my ship has exploded when nothing was anywhere near me. Bug or something else? Doesn't matter though cos I still enjoy playing the game

Congratulations to Dope for the win :thumbsup: , I tried hard and took 2nd with McKong in 3rd. Hope everyone found at least one new or old game they liked. I'm not sure what to do about the scoring so we'll stick to full HSC points for now and perhaps have another team round or something feindish later in the season to keep it interesting.

Please check your scores and thanks for playing guys :thumbsup:

Now someone tell me the tactics for Deathchase XE :grin: For Spectipede I tried to camp out at the bottom a little way from the right edge. For Frisky Tom you can read about it in the next Pro© Magazine ;)

FINAL TABLES

Tourney Main Scoreboard

1st Dope 76pts +4

2nd trbb 68pts +4

3rd McKong 59pts +2

4th Bunsen 36pts

5th Sikor 34pts

6th jdh 33pts

7th ballyalley 29pts

8th Yautja 23pts +1

9th orpheuswaking 22pts

10th roadrunner 11pts

11th devwebcl 4pts

*+1pt for each game won.

Game scores on Post #2 :)

Season 13 Current Standings UPDATED

That's a crazy amount of points scored this round. Seems crazy to me... but I don't play for points. I play for fun. ;-)

I was going to severely reduce the points for the top 3 players (to let everyone catch up a bit) but I couldn't see a fair way of doing this. Players had a month to play so it's fair enough I guess. Later in the season we will perhaps have a team round with some big points on offer?