IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

On 7/9/2022 at 6:51 PM, toscar said:

New file to test with FinalGROM99. As pointed out previous file was not .TIFiles was .TIDisk in Win99a, Sorry for the confusion.

No that doesn't work.  I assume from the filename that this is the Beta version of Demon Attack with the voice?  I'd love to see that converted to work directly from the FinalGrom.  I think this along with the Beta of Muchman and the non-Beta version of Wing War are the only major missing games.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Was looking through an old Triton catalog the other night when I saw a listing for a game called Extended Baseball. Claims to be more of an arcade style (not a sim) baseball game, full control of players, etc. Requires Extended Basic of course, but going through the various threads here, doesn't seem to have surfaced yet. Was a commercially released game around the late 80's I believe. Curious if anyone has this game, could maybe convert for use with the FG99?

Who knows, perhaps it's not worthy of a conversion... or? Looked through the 'extended basic games worth compiling' thread and didn't see it there either. ha

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

The program uses disk data. So running solely from a cart. will need some provisions...

Thanks, but .dsk only - cannot use. Had a CF7+ that died, so only have a FG cart + 32k anymore. 

But interesting it's just called 'Baseball'. In the catalogs I have, I see an All-Star Baseball II and Extended Baseball. All-Star Baseball says 'runs in either', so that's out. 🙃

119446CD-D050-4E6A-865C-709F13A21A0C.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, digdugnate said:

@OLD CS1 - do you remember what the discussion was on pinning this topic?  I think it'd be pretty useful to have it pinned, but maybe the consensus was 'folks will find it that want to look for it'.

Thoughts, anyone?

It can be located in the FAQ.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, save2600 said:

Thanks, but .dsk only - cannot use. Had a CF7+ that died, so only have a FG cart + 32k anymore. 

But interesting it's just called 'Baseball'. In the catalogs I have, I see an All-Star Baseball II and Extended Baseball. All-Star Baseball says 'runs in either', so that's out. 🙃

I have published a bit of stuff for this game here:
https://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pagina=cerca&ricerca=ehninger&cerca=Cerca

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, mrvan said:

Can someone point me to the Extended Basic 2.5 manual? Not sure if there are further language extensions in it. 

Though not specifically v2.5, perhaps something in the WHTech programming directory can help. Also, you might find something helpful here in TI-99/4A development resources and Tony Knerr’s ( @Gazoo’s ) XB2.7 thread.

...lee

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Atari2600PAL said:

This file doesn't work for me on my FinalGrom cart (all the other files I've tried do though like wumpus, invaders, adventure)

Am I missing something obvious please?

this is a ROM image that requires 32k to load the grom into ..  you should use PARSECG.BIN or the PHM cart binary which is the grom it's in the finalgrom99 zip on http://ftp.whtech.com/ under cartridges/finalgrom99 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

this is a ROM image that requires 32k to load the grom into ..  you should use PARSECG.BIN or the PHM cart binary which is the grom it's in the finalgrom99 zip on http://ftp.whtech.com/ under cartridges/finalgrom99 

Many thanks. Copied the PHM files and it works now. Thanks

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have read the beginning and ending pages of this thread and am a little perplexed - apologies in advance if I am asking a dumb question.

I have a bone-stock TI99/4A and have a newly purchased FlashROM 99 that came with a SD card with what appear to be the "Starter Pack" files as called out in the original post in this thread. They all work great! 

However, some of my favorites (Parsec, TI Invaders) are not included in that starter pack, so I found this thread and navigated to the WHTECH ftp site and found the excellent atariage.zip also in that same FlashROM99 directory. That file had all the games I found myself missing, and I dropped them onto my SD card as well. They show up in the FROM99 menu on the TI, but none of them work; only the original files work.

1. I thought - maybe these require a 32K expansion, but then again the original Parsec works just fine on an unexpanded TI99.

2. I thought - maybe these use some hardware method that FROM99 cartridge can't handle; but then again these are in the FlashROM99 directory at WHTECH - I wouldn't expect them to be there if they were incompatible with the cartridge.

So maybe it's just operator error somehow. Any help would be appreciated - and again, apologies in advance if I'm asking a dumb question.

1 hour ago, hafner said:

However, some of my favorites (Parsec, TI Invaders) are not included in that starter pack

Those games use both ROM and GROM, the latter of which requires the FinalGROM99.  Circulating around here is a ROM-only assembly of the disk version of TI Invaders, which I believe does require 32k.

So far as I know, none of the original TI game carts, nor any games released in the era, require 32k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

Those games use both ROM and GROM, the latter of which requires the FinalGROM99.  Circulating around here is a ROM-only assembly of the disk version of TI Invaders, which I believe does require 32k.

So far as I know, none of the original TI game carts, nor any games released in the era, require 32k.

True to a point. Some of the old GROM cartridges can be made to execute out of the 32K space and would work with the FlashROM and 32K. The issue there is that some of those cartridges have too many GROMs to fit into the 32K space along with the GROM loader (YLOAD comes to mind here). That said, some of the more popular titles will not work using the YLOAD launch method as a workaround. . .and that limitation points us right back to the FinalGROM as the most appropriate current solution.

• Like 2