IGNORED

! FlashROM 99 & FinalGROM 99 - Repository

15 hours ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

...I think there is more than one image on this thread.;-)

I've heard that these are some of the most current images...

Index of /Cartridges/FinalGROM99

...had some trouble finding them myself, as I was looking for, MODULES.

How can we submit new cartridges to be included in future compilations?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

of course..  it will run every cartridge made back in the day and 99% of the new stuff long as the rom is 1024kb or less and is not inverted.. (378 style rom) or grom <90k  

you need 32k memory expansion to run both of those carts though so if you don't have that the carts themselves will complain 

Aren't those the specs for the FinalGROM? The FlashROM99 will only run GROM using loaders that throw the code into the 32K space for execution, which would interfere with the operation of TI Writer and Multiplan. Note that the execution files (Editor or Formatter for TI Writer) can be launched and run without the cartridge, as was done with the BA-Writer files or with Funnelweb.

25 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

Aren't those the specs for the FinalGROM? The FlashROM99 will only run GROM using loaders that throw the code into the 32K space for execution, which would interfere with the operation of TI Writer and Multiplan. Note that the execution files (Editor or Formatter for TI Writer) can be launched and run without the cartridge, as was done with the BA-Writer files or with Funnelweb.

OOPS fixing sorry I can't understand why anyone would be using the discontinued flashrom99 that only does 32k of ROM when the finalgrom does so much more 

On a beige console of mine (with blue power button) only the FlashRom99 works. The FinalGrom is not recognised.

I don't know why. Btw on that console only original TI carts work, however from the FlashRom I can run any binary module, like the Atari ones. 

😁

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gferluga said:

On a beige console of mine (with blue power button) only the FlashRom99 works. The FinalGrom is not recognised.

I don't know why. Btw on that console only original TI carts work, however from the FlashRom I can run any binary module, like the Atari ones. 

😁

Sounds like a v2.2 / QI console?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Atari2600PAL said:

Sounds like a v2.2 / QI console?

Isn't there a recent experimental update for finalgrom 99 for 2.2 / qi consoles?

I know i seen it in a thread awhile back, but both of my ti consoles are black and silver 1981 copyright so i did not ever bother testing it out myself.

1 hour ago, gferluga said:

Nope. (C) 1981

Could be an Argentinian model?

Or the blue power button has been swap with the original red.

Anyway, no troubles, I have additional silver and beige machines to play with 🤩

If you look in the FAQ QI and 2.2 roms are not necessarily both in the same machine. QI is the hardware 2.2 is the ROM 

there's a section on the console type.. you can tell easily by the side port and also the alpha lock bug. If your joysticks work for up with the alpha lock down (and you haven't modified your keyboard with a diode) you have a QI board 

Greg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrhodes said:

Isn't there a recent experimental update for finalgrom 99 for 2.2 / qi consoles?

I know i seen it in a thread awhile back, but both of my ti consoles are black and silver 1981 copyright so i did not ever bother testing it out myself.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, arcadeshopper said:

OOPS fixing sorry I can't understand why anyone would be using the discontinued flashrom99 that only does 32k of ROM when the finalgrom does so much more 

I can't understand why anyone would be using the discontinued TI-99/4A when the Commodore 64 does so much more. 😁
Oops. Sorry, couldn't resist. 😏
Anyways, it would be foolish to throw away the flashrom99. I hope to get into releasing cartridges again, and at some point I'll move up from 8K, through 16, 24 and 32K, ROM only. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

I can't understand why anyone would be using the discontinued TI-99/4A when the Commodore 64 does so much more. 😁
Anyways, it would be foolish to throw away the flashrom99. I hope to get into releasing cartridges again, and at some point I'll move up from 8K, through 16, 24 and 32K, ROM only. 😉

I also have the FlashROM99 and it does all I actually needed so far, so I also did not replace it (yet).

• Like 2

7 hours ago, sometimes99er said:

c64 is half the computer a 4a is :)  why would you do that to yourself?  8bit, crappy chips, stupid power design.. whew 

also.. shelving old stuff for the new is not new in this system. shelved my personality card when i got the tipi, shelved the foundation ram card when I got the sams, shelved the gram kracker when i got a fg99..  etc. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI (and don't think anyone's tried this yet), but my FinalGROM at v1.3 (latest) does boot on a TI-99/4, but the keyscan routine keeps it from actually being used on the 99/4.  It just sits at the root directory.  I opened an issue on the FinalGROM git about it.

@OLD CS1 you can blame for this one.  He asked me if it worked on it since I'm setup right next to him.  :)

8 minutes ago, acadiel said:

Just FYI (and don't think anyone's tried this yet), but my FinalGROM at v1.3 (latest) does boot on a TI-99/4, but the keyscan routine keeps it from actually being used on the 99/4.  It just sits at the root directory.  I opened an issue on the FinalGROM git about it.

@OLD CS1 you can blame for this one.  He asked me if it worked on it since I'm setup right next to him.  :)

No video, no proof.  I doubt it will be any different, but we should try my FG99 with the 1.Q firmware.  I also need to re-flash me spare one to see if that fixes its flakiness.