IGNORED

Vectrex Controller(original or Modd'ed) and 2600 system

Machine

Hello-

I am looking for a Vectrex controller (modded or original.

I am also looking for someone to fix my original vec controller(left and right dont work).

Last, looking for a 2600 with RCA video Mod(wood grain 6 switch).

PM me with offers.

Thanks

Original Vectrex controller will have to cone from ebay. Not too many people part with Vectrex stuff through forums.

Its best to get a VecAdapt and use any Genesis controller you want, especially since they're cheap. Just search for VecAdapt.

Hello-

I am also looking for someone to fix my original vec controller(left and right dont work).

PM me with offers.

Thanks

I convert NeoGeoX arcade stick to be Vectrex controller. Send me a PM if this is of interest. I sell them on eBay, but here its 10% less, as no eBay fees.

Hello-

PM me with offers.

Thanks

I would suspect a dirty pin #5 on controller from the pics in this post http://atariage.com/forums/topic/204268-7800-games-that-should-have-existed/?p=3046112

post-18-0-99387600-1407106507.jpg

safety pin & some rubbing alcohol inside the barrel might fix you up there ... the placard is very difficult to remove to keep intact , so patients there if it is something internal

also try a 2 player/2 controller game like Armor Ambush in 2'nd controller port to rule-out the connector on console

• Like 1

You guys are the best!

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have emailed the fella who makes the VecAdapt and he is gonna be making some more soon. I am picking up a couple once he finishes. Anyone know of where to get the SNES version?

Also, great advice on the 2player/2 port suggestion Chase, can't believe I missed that. I will try it out asap.

I have fixed these before. The joystick potentiometer can lose contact to the plastic resistance trace inside much like the jittery paddle symptoms of Atari. The fix is the same, either spray contact cleaner inside the pot or take the pot apart and clean the wiper and resistance trace. The tricky part is opening the controller. You need to use a hair dryer and heat the top label to get at the 5 screws and take the controller apart. Go slow because damaging the controller overlay is common especially if you try to rip it off cold.

I have fixed these before. The joystick potentiometer can lose contact to the plastic resistance trace inside much like the jittery paddle symptoms of Atari. The fix is the same, either spray contact cleaner inside the pot or take the pot apart and clean the wiper and resistance trace. The tricky part is opening the controller. You need to use a hair dryer and heat the top label to get at the 5 screws and take the controller apart. Go slow because damaging the controller overlay is common especially if you try to rip it off cold.

it took me two days to get my placard off ... also a couple of the Phillip screws heads were drilled I think as a "security measure" .... I had a broken spring but cleaned both pots while I was in there

anyone find a source of the self centering pots used ?