IGNORED

Where to buy homebrew

lazzeri

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't doubt that everybody but me knows the answer to this, but is there a reason that AtariAge has never offered being a 3rd party for Vectrex homebrew games similar to their great role in 2600/5200/7800 games?  I mean, the boxes seems to be about the same size, new cart shells are available (no need to cannibalize old games) and they seem to have a good production line/source for printing boxes and manuals.  I suppose the overlays would be a new wrinkle but otherwise I'm surprised there's never been that option here.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:54 AM, JX2000 said:

Wouldn’t it be great if homebrew developers would hand off production to a 3rd party or make their games free to download if they decide to walk away?

That's what I did for Dragon Chalice.  I couldn't get more of the boards I like to use for various reasons and let another publish the first iteration.

ROMs are more complicated as it kills physical sales and hastens being in an unauthorized download.  I have to know deep down that I'll never, ever make another run.

Many moons after developing Twist 'R Shark and Game Panic 3 I had a brain sliver to make the first all original homebrew double ender (Xonox style!).  Never thought I'd be able to do such a thing.  So, keeping your releases valuable has, er, value!

My working solution is to create titles that specifically target physical or digital release.  I love collecting homebrew downloads.  But, I also like physical releases to make my retro development more sustainable.

• Like 1