IGNORED

Gauging interest in Atari based Eprom Burner

Dropcheck

Update:

All but three will go out in the mail tomorrow. I miscounted on the # of transistors needed. I've ordered more from Mouser and they should arrive Wednesday afternoon. I should have them tested and mailed out Friday afternoon. Sorry..... :(

Software and documentation should be up on my site Wednesday. I'm taking a much deserved mini-holiday tomorrow. ;-)

• Like 4

Update:

I've posted docs and software for the burner on my site. 3d printer files are coming..... ;-)

I've also added the option for another run. This time I will not be providing the needed 2 R6520AP chips. It lessened the cost some. For those who asked.......

I will be testing with my chips so that I can confirm the board is working before I send it out. ;-)

Edited by Dropcheck
  • Like 2

Received and already repaired my BXE41 cartridge by re flashing the eprom's ---checked blank first then burned and verified ----BXE 41 cartridge like new again. I took the opportunity to put the SpartaDos ready rom on it.

Question about the 21 volts setting: What eprom's require 21 v, and is there a list somewhere..??

Also is this program convertible to SpartaDos or MyDos that will have a greater amount of disk space to store rom files..

Edited by rdea6

Received and already repaired my BXE41 cartridge by re flashing the eprom's ---checked blank first then burned and verified ----BXE 41 cartridge like new again. I took the opportunity to put the SpartaDos ready rom on it.

Question about the 21 volts setting: What eprom's require 21 v, and is there a list somewhere..??

Also is this program convertible to SpartaDos or MyDos that will have a greater amount of disk space to store rom files..

Some are here:

https://www.elnec.com/search/device-list/memprog2/generic-eprom/

it looks like old chips of the 2716 2732 series (some Intel even require 25V)

• Like 1

I believe GoodbyteXL has used SpartaDOS and copied files to be burned to RAM Disk. But the program itself seems to use a large file buffer in memory. It will load upto a 256k in one read, but takes two reads for a 512k file.

Short answer is you need to google the data sheet for the eprom you are using (same manufacturer and part number).

Generally very old eprom use 21 volts. As they got newer and changed to CMOS technology the programming voltage went down. If you absolutely can't tell, start with a low voltage setting and see if it will program. Too high will cook them.

Got mine today. Looks very cool. Have not had a chance to plug it in yet, but it is on the list. I am curious: there are some solder pads on the bottom of the board with nothing on them, looks like an IC spot (SMT) and some other small components. Is this for future expansion?

EDIT: Went to your site and got the docs/software. Thanks! Was wondering if the 3d printer file has been produced yet?

Thanks!

-M

Took the time to write up the answers to these and other issues in the small guide. So I guess you haven't read it ...

• Like 1

Got mine today. Looks very cool. Have not had a chance to plug it in yet, but it is on the list. I am curious: there are some solder pads on the bottom of the board with nothing on them, looks like an IC spot (SMT) and some other small components. Is this for future expansion?

EDIT: Went to your site and got the docs/software. Thanks! Was wondering if the 3d printer file has been produced yet?

Thanks!

-M

The extra circuitry was an attempt to kill two birds with one stone. I was hoping I had found a solution to the MC68B21/R65c21 problem and incorporated into the production boards. That way I could skip the extra prototyping step. It didn't work to solve the problem, but now I had 20 boards with the extra circuitry. Since if it wasn't populated, it wouldn't affect the operation of the board for the R6520AP/P chips, I decided to use those 20 boards without the extra parts. No harm no foul. Just don't move the jumper or the burner will not work. ;-)

The 3d files are coming. I wanted to do a test print before I released them and my printer is still buried underneath the last two/three weeks of data sheets, extra parts and other debris. I hope to get to it this next week. :(

• Like 1

No I had not read the English translation until after I made the post requesting any information..

As I wrote, it is a write up containing my small experiences collected over the decades, not a translation.

If in need of a German version, please e-mail me.

As soon as I have experiences with the new adapter for burning 2732 EPROMs, I'll add this to the guide.

Great to hear that the device is ready - I was just wondering whether my "order" beginning of July was noted as I have yet to receive payment information etc. As mentioned, I would only be interested in a fully populated device, so I hope to have made the cut for the first run...

F.

I'd be interested in a fully populated version (only), thanks to SantosP for arranging the distribution within the EU! How should one prove one's ABBUC membership?

Cheers!

Great to hear that the device is ready - I was just wondering whether my "order" beginning of July was noted as I have yet to receive payment information etc. As mentioned, I would only be interested in a fully populated device, so I hope to have made the cut for the first run...

F.

Did you register on and purchase from my website? ;-)

All my pre-orders projects are offered there. One stop shopping so to speak. No back and forth on payment/shipping address issues etc.