IGNORED

Nuon Game System Talk & Discussion

2 hours ago, AltRN8 said:

You're very welcome, but I must give all the credit to @emceebois(Twitter) for acquiring and dumping the disc. Without his efforts, it would still be out of our reach! Enjoy. -AltRN8(aka Edge Connector)

Very much enjoyed it.  Actually played through the game twice.  The Nuon finally has a platformer game to add to the collection, very low key and kid level Street Fighter, but the game does get challenging in parts.   You get past the half baked intro, game is actually pretty fun.

20231024_220501.jpg.13e0b3990b41f92aadb8b2e31a389bdd.jpg20231024_221623.jpg.4768e1c6d948a1cfcd0d3d5c574070c4.jpg

Like everyone, hoping one day Bust a Move and A-Maze will show up.  But this IS a surprisingly nice addition.

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2

On 8/31/2023 at 1:33 PM, The Helper said:

Thinking about re-releasing the NUON Games and Demo disc - Enhanced TheHelper.net Version :)

https://www.thehelper.net/threads/nuon-games-demo-disc-re-release-oh-yeah.181016/

We are talking about this in the Discord.  If anyone has NUON stuff they have been working and want to release this would be the time.  The Discord is where we talk about this stuff

https://discord.com/channels/985377399338332202/990262536563744790

Go NUON!

If we can ever get the Atari 800 Emulator's fire button working properly, not only would we have a game of MULE we could **PLAY** at quarter speed, but I also hacked in a disk image of Return of Heracles, got a special version to get past the Sphynx Riddle needing the keyboard.   I think even at quarter speed and no sound/music that game would still be fun to play on the Nuon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AltRN8 said:

You're very welcome, but I must give all the credit to @emceebois(Twitter) for acquiring and dumping the disc. Without his efforts, it would still be out of our reach! Enjoy. -AltRN8(aka Edge Connector)

All I did was what litoskin should have done a decade ago 😉

• Like 2

On 10/23/2023 at 10:37 AM, KidGameR186496 said:

Shin-Chan for the Nuon has finally been cracked and preserved online. Hooray! Now, it's the turn for Bust-A-Move XD

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/10/nuons-rarest-game-crayon-shin-chan-3-has-finally-been-preserved-online

That's awesome!

It looks like they got rid of the region locking, too. I'll have to grab this and try it out. It honestly looks kinda fun.

Wasn't Bust-A-Move found already? I thought Nuon-Dome did something on that years back. It didn't look to run great, honestly.

3 hours ago, Austin said:

That's awesome!

It looks like they got rid of the region locking, too. I'll have to grab this and try it out. It honestly looks kinda fun.

Wasn't Bust-A-Move found already? I thought Nuon-Dome did something on that years back. It didn't look to run great, honestly.

3 hours ago, The Helper said:

k3V is the only one with Bust a Move - its a prototype and he is not releasing it at all.

Kind of. Kevin does want to release Bust-A-Move 4 but he does not want to get into a legal shenanigang with Taito and Square-Enix

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Lost Monkey said:

The only way there are legal shenanigans is if he monetizes it - so...

This may not necessarily be the case if, as is assumed, he signed an NDA when he agreed to test the beta. There's only one place that beta would come from (him), so if Taito or Square-Enix want to make an example of testers who leak, which they well might, then releasing that beta could be way more trouble than it's worth.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, emceebois said:

This may not necessarily be the case if, as is assumed, he signed an NDA when he agreed to test the beta. There's only one place that beta would come from (him), so if Taito or Square-Enix want to make an example of testers who leak, which they well might, then releasing that beta could be way more trouble than it's worth.

So we are in a Jaguar Soulstar situation with Nuon Bust-A-Move 4 too? That sucks but oh well :(

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, KidGameR186496 said:

So we are in a Jaguar Soulstar situation with Nuon Bust-A-Move 4 too? That sucks but oh well :(

Aw yes, Soulstar.  Alright game what I've played of it.

And Bust-A-Move with this analogy might be much the same, an "alright" game.  But the completionist in all of us is screaming "gotta have it!".  :P

So any leads on A-maze?

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, doctorclu said:

And Bust-A-Move with this analogy might be much the same, an "alright" game.  But the completionist in all of us is screaming "gotta have it!".  :P

So any leads on A-maze?

None that i'm aware of. Being the Nuon lore master, Kevin might know any leads...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, doctorclu said:

So any leads on A-maze?

I have leads.  aMaze is one of the many games I've been researching for my Untold Nuon Tales series.   

• Like 3

Hey all, so I did my speedrun at Shin-chan.  

First time to beat is 11 minutes, 29 seconds.  Timed from when you get control of the character, to where you no longer have control after beating the boss on level 11.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news, everyone! I've finally gotten off my ass and cleaned up the version of the Nuon SDK I use to do my development, and set it up to support both Linux and Windows environments. If you're familiar with my Jaguar SDK, this is to the Nuon what that is to the Jaguar: A trivial-to-setup packaging of all the existing tools in a github repo you can just checkout and start using with no installers or mucking about in your system paths or anything. The repo, with basic getting started instructions, is available here: https://github.com/cubanismo/nuon-sdk

Merry Christmas, Nuon Devs!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, cubanismo said:

Good news, everyone! I've finally gotten off my ass and cleaned up the version of the Nuon SDK I use to do my development, and set it up to support both Linux and Windows environments. If you're familiar with my Jaguar SDK, this is to the Nuon what that is to the Jaguar: A trivial-to-setup packaging of all the existing tools in a github repo you can just checkout and start using with no installers or mucking about in your system paths or anything. The repo, with basic getting started instructions, is available here: https://github.com/cubanismo/nuon-sdk

Merry Christmas, Nuon Devs!

Awesome work!  Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, T.A.P. said:

I'd love to get a nuon system, although they seem pretty tough to find and the prices for controllers are just gutting.

I guess I'm 20 years too late. :(

They're certainly not the easiest to find but they're out there. The Toshiba unit is probably the most common, and lately they have been selling for between $100-200 on eBay. I actually have a spare Toshiba that I'd be willing to sell if interested. Feel free to PM me. Original controllers are, indeed, through the roof but Songbird's N64 adapter works beautifully for a more accessible solution. 

• Like 1