IGNORED

Nintendo Classic Mini announced

I gotta say...I give up too (for now.) I check religiously, in person, in my area of Central Massachusetts. All of them, Target, Walmart, Gamestop, and Toy's R Us all swear to me that they haven't had any since BEFORE Black Friday.

I've spoken with managers also, and they all say that none are planned to be on the way anytime soon.

This is what I have been told in my area....

I gotta say...I give up too (for now.) I check religiously, in person, in my area of Central Massachusetts. All of them, Target, Walmart, Gamestop, and Toy's R Us all swear to me that they haven't had any since BEFORE Black Friday.

I've spoken with managers also, and they all say that none are planned to be on the way anytime soon.

This is what I have been told in my area....

Same here in Chciago. No word when but not any time soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Now even the rumors of NES Mini restocks is dying down. How much are these selling for on eBay now? :???:

EDIT: Uggg, the nerve of some people. This is why we can't have nice things... :razz:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nintendo-NES-Classic-Edition-Mini-Console-Game-System-Brand-New-in-Box-/322389099173

s-l1600.jpg

That pyramid of scalps is disgusting. When is Nintendo going to flood retail with these and kill this secondhand market?

Never. They're such chicken shits about releasing en masse as per normal products, that I'm surprised they didn't hold a Kickstarter for the damned thing in the first place. :ponder: :lol:

• Like 1

Wow around 40 of those NES CE's that guy deserves to have his ass beat keeping honest customers away from them at a retail price.

The units are being restocked but it's all over the place on when and where just watching that old nowinstock website. TODAY Best Buy's website had a big pile according to their site as of 1:41pm.

I tried to see if I could get one, it kept saying it wouldn't add but then just now finally went back to sold out. They had a good supply of them given how long that was up but they're gone.

Edited by Tanooki

Unless the resellers plan to store piles of consoles indefinitely, eventually the price is going to drop. Even if the supply is never dramatically increased, popular interest will fade and the state of technology will move-on.

I will be just has happy to buy a Nintendo Classic in 3, 5, or even 10 years from now when one turns-up at a thrift shop for under $20.

For example, last year, I finally bought a Flashback 2. It only took 12 years for the price to reach the point that I was willing to buy it. I have many other games to play; I am in no hurry.

• Like 3

For real they had some today?

I was just about to pipe in that yeah, it seemed that supply dried up just before the Switch launch and we haven't seen them since. But maybe they'e back on track?

I think I managed to score 2 of them, if my order doesn't get cancelled.

Their system was totally bogged down. Finally got one in cart, got all the way to shipping address, then it stopped made me to go back. Clicked it again and it added a second one to my cart, but I made it all the way to checkout. I didn't want to risk editing the quantities since this time I made it to the payment confirmation page. I had to click the 'confirm' button about 100 times (clicking confirm would load the spinning wheel, then just reload the same page), after about 15 minutes of not giving up it finally went through!

I think I managed to score 2 of them, if my order doesn't get cancelled.

Their system was totally bogged down. Finally got one in cart, got all the way to shipping address, then it stopped made me to go back. Clicked it again and it added a second one to my cart, but I made it all the way to checkout. I didn't want to risk editing the quantities since this time I made it to the payment confirmation page. I had to click the 'confirm' button about 100 times (clicking confirm would load the spinning wheel, then just reload the same page), after about 15 minutes of not giving up it finally went through!

Are you looking to sell one? :)

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

Yeah I was serious as you can see. It was pure dumb luck I checked that site when I saw that post earlier and it was in green and I did a double take and jumped over. I never could get it into the cart as it was so slammed it tried to assign it to pick up only and in Columbus, OH which I'm like an hour and a half away from, never once to the cart, then it bombed and came back as sold out. I'd be pissed but it's beyond pointless at this point. Until Nintendo ramps up pumping them out once they level off their Switch box/ship racket with their added lines they opened up for the systems the NES CE is just a pipe dream or dumb luck for anyone unless you want to play some subhuman scalper piece of sh*t double or triple to own it.

Watch that site I said, it's most reliable and updates somehow on the fly from the other outlets via some online tracking and it logs the very date and time the stuff goes live. I got into it minutes into when it arrived and it was toast in around 15 minutes tops.

It was like 37 dollars on sale at walmart 1 week ago. And now its 7.49. Not by them and its sold out. But still super crazy. I wonder if anyoine got one for that price.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Entertainment-System-NES-Classic-Edition-Nintendo/54043501

nesclassic749-2.png

no dinkleberry, that's what we call a scam, see walmart and every other "hey we want to be amazon" dipshit site has, a bunch of bullshit listed by scammers and screened by a scripted filter

yea you can buy a non existent 60$ system on dubass.com for 8 bucks, and guess who picks up the tab when product is not received, yea the multibillion dollar company who cant bother to check their crap, and wonders why they struggle with their online presence

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 1

Are you looking to sell one? :)

Sent from my non beer holding hand.

I'm not sure. I was ordering one for my sister because she has wanted one for her family, but now I will also have a spare if I screw up the modding of the one I already have. (Haven't tried modding it yet, was somewhat afraid to given the scarcity!)

• Like 1

Think about it for a moment. Why would anyone sell an in-demand item for so little below what they're going for?

They'd be much better off taking their receipt and returning them for a refund rather than to sell them for that price, so I don't even think it needs to be asked.

• Like 1