IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

Anyone use the wolf amiibo from TP HD with BotW yet? Is it worth getting the amiibo for the wolf companion?

The health of the wolf carries over from Twilight Princess HD, so probably not unless you intend to play through TP:HD first, since he won't start out with much.

Holy crap this looks awesome.

Sorry for the double post, but I waited too long to add that I think this one looks great. It will be one of my first Switch purchases.

I came close more than once to buying the last attempt to revive it on the Wii's WiiWare service with Blaster Master: Overdrive, but it looked so generic and uninspired that I never bothered. This one though looks like everything that I could ask for out of a modern revival of this franchise.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Anyone download any Neo Geo games yet? I'd love to hear about the quality of the emulation, the various options like display choices, Pro Controller support, etc.

Since it's not Virtual Console but Hamster Corporation's Arcade Archives series, there a lot more options. I haven't tried the Pro controller yet, but I managed to pull off special moves in World Heroes Perfect with the standard directionnal buttons anyway, which was surprising.

That being said, there are a few problems with the emulation right now, especially washed up colours, even though that doesn't look as bad on the Switch screen as on screenshots. Maybe I wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't shared a screenshot on Facebook. It doesn't make the games unplayable anyway, and they're going to fix them : http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/hamster_corporation_promises_improvements_in_nintendo_switch_aca_neo_geo_titles

• Like 1

Anyone download any Neo Geo games yet? I'd love to hear about the quality of the emulation, the various options like display choices, Pro Controller support, etc.

Not yet. I'm really surprised they are $8 each. I figured they were going to be in a pack for around $20. Because of that I'll pick up Metal Slug and maybe KOF98.

The health of the wolf carries over from Twilight Princess HD, so probably not unless you intend to play through TP:HD first, since he won't start out with much.

There's a glitch that gives it 20 hearts without having to play TP first. It's on the various pages, but I haven't tried it yet.

It's not about consumers being dense or stupid. As soon as I unboxed the Switch, I attempted to insert the Joycon upside down, more specifically I was holding the screen bottoms up which didn't help. Anyway I managed to get the Joycon three quarters onto the screen and it nearly got stuck that way. Fortunately I was able to back it off.

They should have designed the rails to be asymmetric, so the Joycons and Joycon straps or accessories could only be inserted in one direction. Place a stop at the bottom end of the rail to prevent reverse insertion, then key them so that one rail is slightly diffrerent depth than the other, preventing the right Joycon to be inserted on the left rail and visa-versa. Keyed rails would only allow them to be fitted one direction, not ie the right Joycon being accidentally be inserted on the left side, upside down, what have you.

But they are stuck with the current flawed implementation for the foreseeable future, so we must be diligent and not try and attach them backwards.

I think we'll just have to disagree on that. I don't see the joycon sliders as a design problem, it's called a lack of paying attention problem. There's a lot of things in this world you can put into a place that it will fit that you shouldn't that may or may not be harder to get out of there once inside. Not trying to give Nintendo a pass on this, they due to anything named WII don't deserve one, but it's the problem of the end user. In the end you're right, it's the users responsibility though to be diligent and pay attention to what they're doing or there will be some annoying consequences. I almost did it myself but looked at it and realized you shouldn't be attaching the controller backwards to the screen.

Ugh really? I hate games that have breakage systems like this. Please tell me you can at least repair things?

Yup they break, and NO you can't repair. The one thing immune to it is the master sword which temporarily breaks even, but it heals itself after like 10min I think I read somewhere. Trade off is, anytime you're after something corrupted by the blight(of Ganon) it does like double or triple damage I forget which.

I won't spoil how to do it, but I've killed a bunch of them with only four hearts and no armor. They're not very smart monsters, you can just dodge their attacks as long as you don't back yourself into a corner.

Now Octorocks, those guys annoy me. Their aim is pretty dead-on, I'm pretty sure they lead their targets.

I found an ancient shield that reflects the laser beams back at them.

At least it worked for the mini Guardians that are sometimes found in the Shrines. I need to go test it on the full scale monsters.

So I'm assuming you jumped on their heads? What about the tentacle ones? How would you climb it?

Ugh really? I hate games that have breakage systems like this. Please tell me you can at least repair things?

For those of us who have actually played the game, you generally acquire so many weapons by slaying enemies that you will almost certainly not run out of usable implements. In fact I find myself dropping more weapons than breakage on a regular basis, due to this fact. It is highly unlikely you will find yourself without a weapon to use in the game.

Some of the more powerful weapons also appear to be more brittle, adding strategy to weapons management, and yes, there are ways to increase your inventory capacity.

Potential spoiler ahead,

but I've been told that a special sword that's familiar to all Zelda fans is out there somewhere, and can be found by thinking like you did 25 years ago. It's supposed to be unbreakable.

White text shows up bright as day when using the deflection theme. Fixed that for you. Use the appropriate tags next time.

I just unlocked the

Master Sword

quest recently. It is located in

Korok Forest.

Anyone use the wolf amiibo from TP HD with BotW yet? Is it worth getting the amiibo for the wolf companion?

Not yet. I have it and it's on my to-do list. I might unleash him on a Bokolbin hideout or something.

Yes!!! So gonna download this game as soon as I get my CC info set up in the eShop.

This has been making the rounds, but is worth posting here as well, since it gives a perfect summary of the current Switch issues (Kotaku link), although I will say a few of those are more nitpicky than an actual issue/challenge:

• (3) The charging port is on the bottom of the Switch, which is fine when you’re holding it but means you can’t prop up the screen on a table while charging it, because the plug gets in the way.

If the USB-C port were on the top, you would need to insert the tablet upside down into the dock to charge it.

It really is! I picked Zelda, Snippercuts, Fast, and Blaster Master, and I've enjoyed Blaster Master the most so far. Such a great version of one of my favorite games. One warning though in case you have one - currently, the Pro Controller is not supported in this game.