IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

True enough, still late though which is sad. They really f'd up badly how they did VC releases on the WiiU to the point of being a mix of just pathetic and sad. Compare how they rolled out games for much of the original Wii's life and you wonder where things went wrong as for all the things the WiiU had going wrong out of their control, they could have handled their own server stored downloads far better.

I think they do care with Switch, but they are being dumb about it right now. They'll drop that VC bomb with stuff during E3 next month, or they'll be idiots and wait until their network beta(or final) is up and running before rolling it out. Seems like a lost opportunity to get a base set of games up before trying to charge that $25-30? a year for that service with the free ROM rental a month.

The wait on the Virtual Console is bizarre, but part of the normal Nintendo template it seems. Even the Nintendo Wii had a few weeks wait before the service premiered there.

In a way I agree with waiting a bit, but not for more than a few weeks. It's a good way to stir up positive press and attention just after the launch enthusiasm starts to wane and the system is beginning to settle down. On day 1, the availability of classic Nintendo games just would've been overlooked by all the attention Zelda was getting. But that we're over two months in and still don't know when it will launch, seems like taking it a bit too far to me.

At this point with Mario Kart 8 Deluxe keeping folks busy, I'm betting we'll get our first details during a Nintendo Direct broadcast during E3 next month with the initial slate of games going live at the same time. Hopefully they'll have a decent 3DS/Wii U upgrade program in place (One of the things they did right on the Wii U was to allow you to just pay 20% of the cost to upgrade if you so desired).

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

I wanna know when we get proper VC titles. The fact that NeoGeo games are being ported by third party as standalone classics tells me Nintendo doesn't care anymore. I did buy Bonk's Adventure and Bomberman '94 on Wii-U VC which came out recently. Why'd they wait until after Switch was out to launch TG-16 in North America? Maks no sense to me.

NES Classic is gone and still no sign of VC, so I guess Nintendo doesn't care anymore about their old IP.

Q: How many copies of Super Mario Bros can they sell me before I tire of it?

A: I will never tire of Super Mario Bros! :grin:

They just put them back in the Vault, just like Disney.

No doubt about the 20% price tag bit. I'd cash in on the few VC games i had, but mostly if it also was a roll over of some of those eshop purchases as I had that Capcom D&D Mystaria package I'd most definitely play again. I cashed in over 1/2 those .30 cent deals they did that one time on the WiiU to make people more VC aware so I'd still be well under cost snapping up those again. I know I didn't bother with mario/yoshi puzzle, but I'm fairly certain I grabbed the rest or most of them (Balloon Fight, Super Metroid, Punchout NES, F-Zero, Kirby NES, and DK NES.)

I feel kind of bad but I'm not using my new games. I do like them, but I've had stuff coming in I've been anticipating so they got put on the backburner for of all things Neo Geo Pocket Color games. :) The desire of a new game, vs stuff I painfully sold off 15 years ago and wanted back is overriding my sense of direction.

Since I already have made choices that have resulted in a horrible life outcome and don't even know what SAT stands for can I please have my Virtual Console and marshmallows now?! It has been forever already!

Something happened to me the other day that made me think of Kosmic Stardust using his Atari Lynx case. I was at my nephew's 2nd birthday party and was playing LEGO City Undercover. My brother said something like,"That looks like your Atari handheld. The ability to change how you control it reminds me of it too since you could flip your Atari around." Anyway, since the Switch doesn't have a clamshell design I thought of an old idea that could be brought back that would also help to view the screen better in sunlight:

Atari-Lynx-I-Sun-Visor.jpg

• Like 1

Soooooo, a page or so back I posted I bought a defective console. I brought it back to Best Buy and they studied the console from all angles before swapping it out with a new one.

Got home and it works flawlessly like it's supposed to for $300+, and now I'm 2 hours into Blaster Master Zero, totally worth $10 on the eShop. I still have to bust out Zelda, Mario Kart, and Bomberman which are all still sealed.

• Like 2

I'd suggest finishing Blaster Master Zero if I were you before doing anything else, or at the very least, Zelda. Zelda isn't hype, that game is just so damned well done and time/life sucking you'll lose half a waking day without realizing it potentially and not be bored. There's so much to do and none of it is just annoying or infuriating garbage it's just that well designed. You probably could just do the other 2 games with Blaster Master as they're both just pick up and play for a little time wasters that aren't very long (especially if you're like me and have no care to take it multiplayer other than with some friend on the couch.)

I'd also suggest you look into I Am Setsuna if you really want a special RPG that's quite fun with lots of homage play back to Chrono Trigger and their other earlier 1/2 of the 90s greats in style. Yes-Asia where I got it will mail you a physical version for the same price as a digital download will cost you and it's a 3 language release so it will auto detect english without any issue.

• Like 2

I had to sideline BMZero for a DS game called Diamond Trust of London, which came in the mail the other day and just had to play it. It's the first and only DS game that was Kickstarted funded, programmed by one guy.

That RPG sounds fun. I will look into it. I also have Rime, Street Fighter II: The Final Warrioirs, andC ave Story+ on preorder!

I had to sideline BMZero for a DS game called Diamond Trust of London, which came in the mail the other day and just had to play it. It's the first and only DS game that was Kickstarted funded, programmed by one guy.

That RPG sounds fun. I will look into it. I also have Rime, Street Fighter II: The Final Warrioirs, andC ave Story+ on preorder!

I'm aware of that game, didn't get a big print run so collecting fools have gone mad over it when it came out years ago. Very minimalist in package but a solid title to work out.

If you're curious about Setsuna, it's the only guide online, but if you just skim a little and read how the mechanics work I think you can easily decide if it's your thing or not.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/i-am-setsuna/Walkthrough

lol so I just went to walmart around 10pm to buy milk and cheese. It's late, the place was pretty quiet, and I ended up meandering to the electronics. Wouldn't you know it they had 2 switches in stock right there on display, one colored and the other gray. Snagged both! One is for my sister who wanted to give it to my nephew for his birthday, but the other is for ME. My kid confiscated my original one and I never get to play it :lol: I'll probably give him the colored controllers though.

• Like 2

Isn't that how it usually is. Fix one thing, break three others.

Nah. I've been following some of the guys a little bit, they usually have multiple exploits that they know of, but they don't release any information about them. Then, when Nintendo fixes one, they still have others to fall back on.

• Like 1

Well all I care about is Nintendo is fast and furious as breaking them down. I'd rather them not get the crap pirated out of it for awhile, kind of like how the 3DS held out and others before it for a time. Anything that won't give fence sitting third parties some excuse not to bother is good for everyone.

NE146-- Score, good job on that, don't blame you buying both. If I had deeper pockets I'd probably have snapped up another as a gift too when I saw 2 at Meijer behind the glass like a month ago.

I probably won't be getting the Switch itself until July sometime, but trying to pre-buy a few accessories and stuff for it in advance. (Got Zelda already for instance.)

Are there any other things I should be on the look out now so I don't have to go hunting for one later after spending 400+ dollars? :D