IGNORED

Nintendo Switch

Punisher5.0

Got a couple of gripes with Gamestop. I bought Mario Kart 8 from them yesterday along with the Mini Wheels and an unrelated Harly Quinn statue. Got home and NO GAME IN THE BAG!!! :mad:

So I immediately drove back to Gamestop to plead my case, and the store manager did an inventory check. sure enough there was one extra game in stock which she promptly handed over. An honest mistake but still inexcusable.

Second gripe. The wheels they handed me were third party. It didn't dawn on me until I opened the package, so now I can't exchange them for official ones. I know I should have asked, but that should be implied.

Yeah well..both the mentioned incidents are pretty much your fault as well. I dunno. :P

I've seen groaning online that a lot of people can't find them and I guess it's local too as I see shitheels posting them on craigslist for a good mark up saying no store has them. Yet (Switch on Sunday aside) I've seen this mythical handhelds every couple weeks I go in there to get food. I'm guessing it's spotty maybe.

Yeah, check the damn bag next time, ID10T... :roll:

I bought a used game and I think they got the sleeved disc out but never stuck it in the case. Gave me the run around about getting it but eventually made my purchase whole. I should have confirmed but I hadn't run into needing to double check the bagging before. Shame on me but I also decided I didn't really trust the store after that and went like 2 blocks over to the best buy after that. Of course a few months later I learned the area more and sent my money to local joints.

So yes, I've had to print out an ID10T form a few times in my days.

• Like 1

The Joycons are way more responsive.

I really never liked the wii motes for either Wii system. I oddly really like the joycons. I'll take the Pro Controller for the Switch over basically any controller but they did really well on the joycon design even beyond that, although in the wheel case I guess that's all that matters.

I really want that pro controller but I just can not stomach that price on it as it's entirely a frivolous accessory for me as I play alone and I get no discomfort using the joycons on its cradle or still attached to the system tablet itself. I ever find one for like $50 I'll bite, but $70 even if the tech inside may justify it is just over my cap. $70 can buy me 2 physical games and a heap of digital (neo geo, etc) downloads is how I look at it.

Those joycons are a real treat, and if you think about it in a crude way they're basically Wiimote v3.0. You had the rough original, then the 1:1 Plus module/built in remote, and then your Joycon which does all those did plus the haptic 3D rumble, the amiibo sensor, little camera with detection abilities, etc. They've had a decade to get it to where it is now really and did it well.

I really want that pro controller but I just can not stomach that price on it as it's entirely a frivolous accessory for me as I play alone and I get no discomfort using the joycons on its cradle or still attached to the system tablet itself. I ever find one for like $50 I'll bite, but $70 even if the tech inside may justify it is just over my cap. $70 can buy me 2 physical games and a heap of digital (neo geo, etc) downloads is how I look at it.

Those joycons are a real treat, and if you think about it in a crude way they're basically Wiimote v3.0. You had the rough original, then the 1:1 Plus module/built in remote, and then your Joycon which does all those did plus the haptic 3D rumble, the amiibo sensor, little camera with detection abilities, etc. They've had a decade to get it to where it is now really and did it well.

I'd just wait till they fix the D pad problem if I were you. They may be cheaper by that time. We have two of them and they both have issues with the left side.

D-Pad problem eh? Didn't know there was one but since I wasn't looking to buy that would be why. ;) I just heard of the small percentage of left joycon problems solved by a little piece of metallic foam to help it pick up properly with the system and the newer ones off the line since just working fine.

And yeah I'll wait a year or two, perhaps get lucky on some oddball flea market appearance or craigslist dumping of spare junk as I've seen stuff happen about that far out with the PS3 and PS4 too thinking back. I guess I'm just lucky I don't need a 2nd controller, and if I do, in most cases the little joycon would suffice considering it's like a SNES pad with a joystick on it more or less. I'll play a friend of mine at Ultra SF2 sometime after it drops and I know the pad works fine for it seeing demos. I'm pretty positive they do just as well for Mario Kart 8 too.

I'd just wait till they fix the D pad problem if I were you. They may be cheaper by that time. We have two of them and they both have issues with the left side.

My Pro controller has no Dpad issues, Best Buy preorder. I do, however, get occasional missed inputs with the analogs on the Joycon and revert to using the d-buttons for menu navigation and such.

I imagine SFII would be awful on the Joycon, whether using D-buttons or analog stick. The buttons work well for Puyo / Tetris though.

The Joycons are very small, as are their buttons.

I saw three boxed Switch consoles at my Best Buy today, so if someone is complaining about not being able to find one at a retail store, only a little effort and perseverance is required.

Yes, Pro controller is infinitely more comfortable for long sessions. Also due to the way the Joycons are angled, it is difficult with adult sized thumbs, to mash B+Y in games like Blaster Master, without bumping the right analog. There is a reason why every other controller have diagonally offset controls.

D-Pad problem eh? Didn't know there was one but since I wasn't looking to buy that would be why. ;) I just heard of the small percentage of left joycon problems solved by a little piece of metallic foam to help it pick up properly with the system and the newer ones off the line since just working fine.

And yeah I'll wait a year or two, perhaps get lucky on some oddball flea market appearance or craigslist dumping of spare junk as I've seen stuff happen about that far out with the PS3 and PS4 too thinking back. I guess I'm just lucky I don't need a 2nd controller, and if I do, in most cases the little joycon would suffice considering it's like a SNES pad with a joystick on it more or less. I'll play a friend of mine at Ultra SF2 sometime after it drops and I know the pad works fine for it seeing demos. I'm pretty positive they do just as well for Mario Kart 8 too.

Yeah I Googled it a month or so ago and I'm not the only one. Someone made a video on how to fix it but I'm not willing to gut a dpad from a different controller. I think that it could be an easy simple mod to fix but I don't feel like tearing apart a $70 controller that I use every day right now.

Yeah I Googled it a month or so ago and I'm not the only one. Someone made a video on how to fix it but I'm not willing to gut a dpad from a different controller. I think that it could be an easy simple mod to fix but I don't feel like tearing apart a $70 controller that I use every day right now.

How many people actually have Dpad issues? Reports on the internet seem to suggest the majority of Pro controllers are affected. I've had zero issues. Did I get lucky and dodge a bullet with mine?

How many people actually have Dpad issues? Reports on the internet seem to suggest the majority of Pro controllers are affected. I've had zero issues. Did I get lucky and dodge a bullet with mine?

Who knows but we got two "bad" ones from different stores.

Perhaps it was a bad large scale batch out of the original run of them so they just work their way through the system to those that don't?

Also diagonal stick better? Meh! Never liked that layout ever, always been a dual shock fan and was happy to see Nintendo go with it. I can't even see it holding the Switch how you could do Y+B and mash the R button unless you've got hooves instead of fingers. You shouldn't be moving your finger when using your thumb.

I can't even see it holding the Switch how you could do Y+B and mash the R button unless you've got hooves instead of fingers. You shouldn't be moving your finger when using your thumb.

I really don't understand, on any dual analogue controller, how you're expected to do things where the right stick and a face button must be held at the same time. For example, in BotW, with the WiiU gamepad, if I'm running I will hold the B button with my thumb, and do this convoluted maneuver with my pointer finger on the analogue stick.

Surely this can't be how everyone else does it??